Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Mount Rushmore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is on ESPN talking about who would be on the Jags Mount Rushmore. The link is here

I would say the article is right pretty much. 

Tony Boselli

Fred Taylor

Jimmy Smith

Mark Brunell

Could make an argument for MJD anyone else a candidate? 

Fred, Boselli, Smith

*work in progress on 4th

Come on training camp and arguing about the 7th wide receiver.

If it's players only, I would suggest MJD due to him being a premier player easily identified across the entire league for a spell.  If we can throw coaches on their, i'd also suggest Coughlin simply for him taking a start up franchise to 2 conference championships in such a short time and also serving as the GM(although that bubble popped relatively quick).

Would Mt Rushmore be on the Mt Rushmore of Mt Rushmores?

Who would be  the closest defensive player?

Wayne Weaver deserves a spot if we're talking beyond players. No Wayne no jags. MJD gets points as well and I would put him over Mark. but for me its

Wayne

Fred

Tony

smooth

1) Wayne Weaver for beating the odds of a small city market getting an NFL Franchise.

2) Coughlin - There's a reason the Jags rose to the top in a short period of time.  His accomplishments with the Giants solidify he was a key part in in the early success of this franchise.

3) F. Taylor - Ranked slightly above Boselli since he was able to achieve more during his longer tenure with the team. 

4) T. Boselli - Dominant but a few penalty points due to his short tenure with the team. 

This would be a hard thing to put together for a team like the Cowboys or Steelers with how many great they have had plus a longer history.

Quote:Would Mt Rushmore be on the Mt Rushmore of Mt Rushmores?

Good point !!

one could easily argue Mt. Everest has a lot more dead people carved into it than Mt. Rushmore
Quote:Who would be the closest defensive player?

Tony Brackens
Hayden Epstein

Seth Marler

Matt Turk

Jonathan Quinn

[/thread]
Quote:Tony Brackens
Not sure about this one.

Yes, he represents the one game changing pass rushing DE we've ever had, and he has made some very important plays in Jaguars history, and I think he caught a lot of unwarranted flak by fans here.

But he wasn't a starter until his 3rd-4th year (IIRC).

I think you could make the argument for Rashean Mathis-equal number or higher number of game/momentum changing plays, a longer term starter for more years than Brackens.

You could also argue for Stroud-starter for longer, dominant for a longer stretch/more Pro Bowls than Brackens.
Premature Rushmore?

Bortles

ARob

DFJ

Telvin
Quote:Who would be  the closest defensive player?

Stroud/Henderson

They carried us during a lame offensive era (in which MJD was only on real offensive star).  I'm not going to attempt ranking Stroud or Henderson #1-2 .... I'll call it a tie.

Weaver/Shad/Jaxson

Three headed Rushmore..
I think that's the best route to take. I agree with it. You've got three of your all-time leaders right there in Franchise history on offense in the main three positions and then you've got an extremely dominant LT in Boselli who played at a HoF level during his tenure here. Had it not been cut short he's probably already in the HoF after retiring with a full career under his belt.

The Pride of the Jaguars is the Mt. Rushmore for the Jags.

Quote:Hayden Epstein

Seth Marler

Matt Turk

Jonathan Quinn

[/thread]

I would add Vinnie Clark, Guy Whimper and Jason Hill
Pages: 1 2