Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Root beer with a buzz is the latest brew trend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Root beer with a buzz is the latest brew trend

There’s a new kind of sweet beer sweeping the nation: boozy root beer.

Think A&W with alcohol.

Not Your Father’s Root Beer, from Small Town Brewery in Wauconda, Ill., is new on the retail scene and has already earned a rating of 94 out of 100 on Beer Advocate, an online beer community that teaches about and promotes craft brewing. 

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/07/2...cmp=hphz08

I was gonna give this a try this weekend. Friend told me about it a few days ago.
It is pretty good, hard to drink more than 1 or 2 at a time because the pop aspect.

5.9% alcohol is like an Ice beer
I like NYFRB. It tastes, well, like you'd expect a boozy root beer to taste. In terms of intoxication, it's a lightweight. I could down six without really feeling it. In terms of taste, I can only take one at a time. It's very, very sweet by beer standards, and is a bit off-putting if you're not expecting it. Goes without saying that if you don't like root beer, don't waste your time and money on NYFRB.
Quote:I like NYFRB. It tastes, well, like you'd expect a boozy root beer to taste. In terms of intoxication, it's a lightweight. I could down six without really feeling it. In terms of taste, I can only take one at a time. It's very, very sweet by beer standards, and is a bit off-putting if you're not expecting it. Goes without saying that if you don't like root beer, don't waste your time and money on NYFRB.

I tried it and enjoyed it. You can't even taste the alcohol I don't consider myself a lightweight at all and by the third one I had a nice buzz going on. Its like 10 bucks for a six pack though so it probably won't become my regular go to.
The whole thing is I would not plan on drinking a lot of it unless you have a gut/heart that can handle that much sweetness and carbonation.

Quote:I like NYFRB. It tastes, well, like you'd expect a boozy root beer to taste. In terms of intoxication, it's a lightweight. I could down six without really feeling it. In terms of taste, I can only take one at a time. It's very, very sweet by beer standards, and is a bit off-putting if you're not expecting it. Goes without saying that if you don't like root beer, don't waste your time and money on NYFRB.

Kinda how I felt. The first sip I thought it was great, just like root beer. About half way through I almost didn't really want it anymore. Definitely sweet.
Makes a great float!
Double post.