Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who is the 2015 version of Beadles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will come in and underperform their pay?

House, Thomas, Skuta, Odrick, Parnell?

I think House and Skuta are my top picks. Thomas won't do what he's done in the past but he'll be worth what he brings.
Were you headed to bed and thought "I haven't posted enough negative stuff about the Jags today.... I'll do one more"....?

Thomas. No QB.
I'd vote House just based on the competition at his position.
Quote:Thomas. No QB.
go away
House
That is a hard one, but if I had to pick I would choose House just because of the depth of our CB group.

Considering how much capspace we still have, I'm not concerned at all as long as Julius delivers
Quote:Were you headed to bed and thought "I haven't posted enough negative stuff about the Jags today.... I'll do one more"....?

Why does it have to be a negative to discuss who may underperform their contract when all we did in FA was overpay for players who aren't proven starters (save for Thomas)?

Some players will bust in a new scheme, some may thrive. So maybe the better question is who is the 2015 Beadles and Marks of this free agency crop?

I predict House to struggle but Parnell to succeed.
I'd say either House or Thomas. Of course I hope all live up to their paychecks.

None.
Odrick. I don't think he'll be a major contributor this year but he'll show up maybe in three or four games this year. But don't expect any kind of dominant streak out of him. He'll hopefully tide us over until Bennet develops or until Marks returns.

With the amount of money given to Odrick, and the position he will more than likely play (the "big" end), I think he is the best candidate to have a disappointing" season. He may do everything asked of him, but I don't see us casual fans noticing him that much in this defense. For being the highest paid player on defense, fans will want to see sacks and impact plays.
Quote:With the amount of money given to Odrick, and the position he will more than likely play (the "big" end), I think he is the best candidate to have a disappointing" season. He may do everything asked of him, but I don't see us casual fans noticing him that much in this defense. For being the highest paid player on defense, fans will want to see sacks and impact plays.

Fans notice Marks. I see no reason why Odrick can't have a similar impact. He's not a space eater like Bryant.
Quote:Fans notice Marks. I see no reason why Odrick can't have a similar impact. He's not a space eater like Bryant.
Marks and Odrick don't play the same position. Odrick is versatile enough to play some 3T, but that's not where he is going to spend the majority of his snaps.
Sergio Brown, who'll quickly be displaced by Sample.
Quote:Sergio Brown, who'll quickly be displaced by Sample.

Good one.  I forgot we gave him money but he's a ST player.
I think Brown is actually going to surpise people. Same with House. It's the front seven additions that will more than likely dissapoint.

It sees of me the one that plays with less is Thomas because Lewis will play good and less chance is for Thomas

Skuta. We are paying a career backup with very little production with his last team to much money. I expect Gerhart type production out of him.
Pages: 1 2