Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Titans' Justin Hunter arrested on assault charge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Justin Hunter was headed into a make-or-break season in 2015 and he might've already broken it before it started. Hunter turned himself into the Virginia Beach Sheriff's Office for an incident that took place on July 3.

<div>Hunter turned himself in Monday, according to News Channel 5 in Nashville, relating to a July 3 incident at the Sandbar Raw Bar.

A search of the Virginia Beach inmate database reveals an inmate named Justin Hunter with a DOB of May 20, 1991, charged with "malicious intent, stabbing, cutting, wounding" and not given any sort of bond. Multiple calls to VBSO have yet to be returned.

Authorities told News Channel 5 Hunter was involved in a "large fight" at the bar and charged with one count of felonious assault. A victim involved in the fight was taken to the hospital with injuries suffered during the fight.
</div>

[Image: CKYu2MIUcAAqQX8.jpg]
It's the 757, dog.

Where's Doug Wilder when you need him?

That should just about do it for his career.

Man. That guy has been a dud since he got in the league, and this should pretty much pave the way to his exit. Too bad, I haven't enjoyed a good flaming thumbtack dumpster fire since Vince Young was stinking up the league.
Typical tack.
Tennessee might have the worst roster in the division

Quote:Tennessee might have the worst roster in the division league

Fixed
That tack is wack.

As a football fan, I'm glad to see another Tack washout.

But the human element leaves me shaking my head.

It makes me wonder though.

Some of these guys who bust had playing in the NFL as their dream.  I wonder at what point they realize their dream is becoming a nightmare.  I'm sure some, even with being a bust, find some happiness knowing they realized their dream of playing in the NFL and are happy they got their shot.  But I don't think any who aspire to be NFL players envision themselves becoming busts.

I wonder if Hunter has reached that point of realization yet.

Quote:As a football fan, I'm glad to see another Tack washout.

Some of these guys who bust had playing in the NFL as their dream.  I wonder at what point they realize their dream is becoming a nightmare.  I'm sure some, even with being a bust, find some happiness knowing they realized their dream of playing in the NFL and are happy they got their shot.  But I don't think any who aspire to be NFL players envision themselves becoming busts.

Is it really playing in the NFL that is their dream, or is it having everything else that comes with playing in the NFL (riches, recognition, etc) that is their dream? I get the feeling it's the latter.
Quote:Is it really playing in the NFL that is their dream, or is it having everything else that comes with playing in the NFL (riches, recognition, etc) that is their dream? I get the feeling it's the latter.
For some...I agree completely with you.

But I think for most (maybe not a sizable majority but in most cases), I think a love of the game and competition are the primary motivating factors.
It stinks to see guys screw up time after time. But hey we have a guy like this on our team Sad

Quote:As a football fan, I'm glad to see another Tack washout.

A similar but even worse case, in my opinion anyway, was the downward spiral of Titus Young. I do wonder if these kids that have had a lifetime of pampering and people covering up their mistakes know when their dream turns to a nightmare. Titus Young, Aaron Hernandez, this guy. They all have no idea the levels of regret they're gonna have in 20 years. Well, Hernandez may be feeling it already, but you get my point.
Quote:A similar but even worse case, in my opinion anyway, was the downward spiral of Titus Young. I do wonder if these kids that have had a lifetime of pampering and people covering up their mistakes know when their dream turns to a nightmare. Titus Young, Aaron Hernandez, this guy. They all have no idea the levels of regret they're gonna have in 20 years. Well, Hernandez may be feeling it already, but you get my point.

Justin Blackmon, Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, RJ Soward.
Never forget, the bulk of the NFL are twenty-somethings. An age that I affectionately, and non-affectionately at times, refer to as "kids". I can't even imagine how twenty-something year old Deacon would react having several Thousands of dollars at hand.

Quote:Justin Blackmon, Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, RJ Soward.
Good ol Matt Jones.
Quote:A similar but even worse case, in my opinion anyway, was the downward spiral of Titus Young. I do wonder if these kids that have had a lifetime of pampering and people covering up their mistakes know when their dream turns to a nightmare. Titus Young, Aaron Hernandez, this guy. They all have no idea the levels of regret they're gonna have in 20 years. Well, Hernandez may be feeling it already, but you get my point.

Good analogy with Titus Young.   What Justin Hunter allegedly did reminds me of the type of behavior Titus Young displayed.    Both players are former 2nd Round picks that are gifted with football ability.   Both were unwilling to be PROFESSIONAL football players and hence have thrown away their NFL careers.   
Quote:Tennessee might have the worst roster in the division
Drafting Mariota bought Whisenhunt a third year, but my guess is he's a goner after the 2016 season. That roster is trashed and he's done very little to fix it.
Quote:Good analogy with Titus Young.   What Justin Hunter allegedly did reminds me of the type of behavior Titus Young displayed.    Both players are former 2nd Round picks that are gifted with football ability.   Both were unwilling to be PROFESSIONAL football players and hence have thrown away their NFL careers.

Another very similar example would be Josh Gordon. Second round supplemental pick (I think) that has so far thrown it all away. Except he's probably more talented than Titus Young and Justin Hunter put together.

Don't get me started on Blackmon.
Quote:Another very similar example would be Josh Gordon. Second round supplemental pick (I think) that has so far thrown it all away. Except he's probably more talented than Titus Young and Justin Hunter put together.

Don't get me started on Blackmon.

At the very least,  Josh Gordon is extremely football gifted,  and would almost certainly be a top 10 WR if he had good football character.   

The sad reality is all 4 of the players you mentioned will very likely be remembered from their off the field history than what they accomplished on the field.   In the case of Justin Hunter,  he was on the path to being a bust even without the off the field baggage.  This despite having natural talent most WRs only can dream about.  
Pages: 1 2