Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: George W. Bush Hosts Wounded Warrior Weekend at His Texas Ranch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't care what you think of his policies, W is a class act

George W. Bush Hosts Wounded Warrior Weekend at His Texas Ranch

How many people know that President George W. Bush hosts a few Wounded Warriors at his ranch 10 weekends every year all expenses paid?

http://conservativepost.com/george-w-bus...xas-ranch/

I knew about this, he doesn't go all out and about in the media about it and it doesn't get the press it probably should. I love it when presidents do great things like this after leaving office. 

Quote:I knew about this, he doesn't go all out and about in the media about it and it doesn't get the press it probably should. I love it when presidents do great things like this after leaving office. 

I also knew about this as well as many other good things that he and Mrs. Bush do.  Just a hunch here, but I think that they would rather keep the press away.  After all, charitable work/donations is a personal matter.
Quote:I also knew about this as well as many other good things that he and Mrs. Bush do.  Just a hunch here, but I think that they would rather keep the press away.  After all, charitable work/donations is a personal matter.
Oh for sure. I was not trying to imply he should more that I respected him for not doing that. 
Doesn't he do this every year, including a mountain bike tour with the guys on his ranch?  He keeps the publicity to a bare minimum. 

Very nice gesture. I've always thought Dubya was by nature a good man, though I disagreed with many of his policies.

Quote:Very nice gesture. I've always thought Dubya was by nature a good man, though I disagreed with many of his policies.
Agreed. Always thought he believed in what he said and the actions he took. He was easy for the comedians to make fun of but I always thought he was genuine.
Quote:Agreed. Always thought he believed in what he said and the actions he took. He was easy for the comedians to make fun of but I always thought he was genuine.

He certainly did believe in what he said and the actions he took.  He was certainly the right man for the job during his first term.  During his second term, I agreed with him on most of his foreign policy moves, but domestic moves not as much.

One thing regarding him, he is not a "stupid man" as so many on the far left like to paint him.  Sure the jokes were kind of funny, and he even made fun of himself at The White house Correspondence Dinner.  I laughed so hard that I was in tears when I first saw that.  Even his wife Laura pokes fun at him on occasion, but one thing for certain is, he wasn't "dumb" as many on the far left believe.
Quote:He certainly did believe in what he said and the actions he took.  He was certainly the right man for the job during his first term.  During his second term, I agreed with him on most of his foreign policy moves, but domestic moves not as much.

One thing regarding him, he is not a "stupid man" as so many on the far left like to paint him.  Sure the jokes were kind of funny, and he even made fun of himself at The White house Correspondence Dinner.  I laughed so hard that I was in tears when I first saw that.  Even his wife Laura pokes fun at him on occasion, but one thing for certain is, he wasn't "dumb" as many on the far left believe.

He was goofy, which I actually liked about him. He had a few of those "deer in headlights" moments that got him labeled as dumb.

Regardless of their policies, no U.S. president has been dumb, it's just that some are smarter than others, and some are more effective than others.
Quote:He certainly did believe in what he said and the actions he took.  He was certainly the right man for the job during his first term.  During his second term, I agreed with him on most of his foreign policy moves, but domestic moves not as much.

You can't be dumb and become president. You gotta have some intelligence to navigate the cesspool of politics and dummies can't do that. At least not at the highest level. 

I actually just watched all the correspondence dinners that are on Youtube there is massive amounts of gold in those things. 
Quote:You can't be dumb and become president. You gotta have some intelligence to navigate the cesspool of politics and dummies can't do that. At least not at the highest level. 

I actually just watched all the correspondence dinners that are on Youtube there is massive amounts of gold in those things. 

Oh, yes you can. You just need a whole lot of money, a very good campaign manager, and some good timing/luck. And no, I'm not specifically talking about W.
Quote:Oh, yes you can. You just need a whole lot of money, a very good campaign manager, and some good timing/luck. And no, I'm not specifically talking about W.
I didn't know Jimmy Carter was a member here!
Quote:I didn't know Jimmy Carter was a member here!

And Carter is not, by far, the dumbest on the list.
Quote:And Carter is not, by far, the dumbest on the list.

You're absolutely right.  He was a "nucular" engineer.