Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Most Common Beer in Every US State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

The Most Common Beer in Every US State

It's comforting to know that whenever you go to your local bar, you're going to find the beer you love on the menu. However, sometimes we do travel outside of the bounds of our hometowns, and though we're definitely still going to be drinking beer wherever we go, we're not always going to find Old Faithful.

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/th...vortexd=65

Coors Light?! Dammit, Colorado, I thought you were better than that.

Lol Stella Artois?

I highly highly doubt that...
Shiner is big in North Dakota since all the Texas oilmen moved there.

After reading the article, it's listing the most commonly available on a restaurant or bar menu.

Big difference from what I was initially taking from the title.
interesting. I wonder how they really compiled all of the stats.

Quote:interesting. I wonder how they really compiled all of the stats.
Probably mail/email surveys to every restaurant and bar asking what beers they sell, make an Excel spreadsheet of however many replies they get, sort and count from there.
I would say as a guy living in Indiana coors light ,bud light, miller lite is in every bar but if one is missing it seems to be coors. could be an areathing

Quote:Coors Light?! Dammit, Colorado, I thought you were better than that.

You're surprised that Colorado was Coors Light? Have you ever been to Colorado? lol
Quote:You're surprised that Colorado was Coors Light? Have you ever been to Colorado? lol
I live here.
Before we misinterpret the results, let us note...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"To prepare you for what to expect, data-crawling service Priceonomics analyzed the beer listings at 6,000 bars and restaurants across the country and put together this comprehensive map of the beers you're most likely to find on the menu in each state."

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

The devil is always in the details.

Quote:After reading the article, it's listing the most commonly available on a restaurant or bar menu.

Big difference from what I was initially taking from the title.

Me, too.

One thing I can say from my travels, the beer most likely to be found in an airport is Samuel Adams.

And that's a good thing.
Quote:Me, too.

One thing I can say from my travels, the beer most likely to be found in an airport is Samuel Adams.

And that's a good thing.

Ha, I can confirm that as well. Never lets talk down.
Quote:I live here.

So you should know.
Quote:So you should know.
Maybe I don't go to the "right" type of establishment often enough, but there are about five craft brews that are pretty ubiquitous around here, and Coors, Coors Light and their ilk are popping up less and less on the menu.
Quote:You're surprised that Colorado was Coors Light? Have you ever been to Colorado? lol
Quote:I live here.

OOPS!  LOL

By the way, as far as Coors Light.   Sick
I have not found to many beers that I do not like. One beer I HATE is Guinness. Also some pumpkin beer that Magic Hat makes/made was pretty bad. 

Quote:One beer I HATE is Guinness.
Guiness is drinkable if it's mixed with something else (like in an Irish Car Bomb), but by itself it's an insult to stouts.
Quote:Maybe I don't go to the "right" type of establishment often enough, but there are about five craft brews that are pretty ubiquitous around here, and Coors, Coors Light and their ilk are popping up less and less on the menu.

I would guess New Belgium is pretty standard there?
Quote:I would guess New Belgium is pretty standard there?
The big five, in no particular order, would be New Belgium, Great Divide, Left Hand, Oskar Blues and Fort Collins Brewery. It's not always the exact same beer, but most places around here seem to have at least one brew from each of those breweries on hand.
Pages: 1 2