Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florida District 5 to Disappear?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...mm&hpid=z3

What a lot of African Americans don't seem to understand is that drawing African Americans into their own district is mostly done to help Republicans retain their districts and diminish blacks' political power by getting them out of the surrounding districts.  "We'll give you Corrinne Brown if you give us everything else."   That's a bad deal.  

Bye Gata!
Corrine Brown is awful.
I'm fine with it districts should be similar to counties
Quote:I'm fine with it districts should be similar to counties

But then you would disenfranchise all those poor politicians! 

Won't somebody think of the politicians?
Having been forced to live in Corrine Brown's district for the past 10 years, I'm done with hoping they'll re-draw her district in a way that makes meaningful changes and presents an opportunity for us to finally get rid of her.  The woman is a political cockroach.  Nothing is going to pry her wigs out of office short of death, and even then, I'm not sure she'd give it up.

A block to the north or south of my home is Ander Crenshaw's district.  They had to draw a string line between pockets of African American communities in order to assure they ended up in her district.  It's ridiculous.  When the legislature was forced to redraw the district before the last election, they basically left it almost the same and added some areas to the district.  It didn't change a stinking thing.  I'm skeptical that they'll do anything more meaningful this time around.

Corrine Brown is arguably the most embarrassing member of congress, and that's been a pretty consistent thing for her entire 2 decade tenure. 

Quote:Corrine Brown is arguably the most embarrassing member of congress, and that's been a pretty consistent thing for her entire 2 decade tenure. 
Joe Liberman and Michelle Bachmann would disagree with that.
Quote:Joe Liberman and Michelle Bachmann would disagree with that.
Neither one of these come anywhere close to Brown.  Keep trying. 
Quote:Having been forced to live in Corrine Brown's district for the past 10 years, I'm done with hoping they'll re-draw her district in a way that makes meaningful changes and presents an opportunity for us to finally get rid of her.  The woman is a political cockroach.  Nothing is going to pry her wigs out of office short of death, and even then, I'm not sure she'd give it up.

A block to the north or south of my home is Ander Crenshaw's district.  They had to draw a string line between pockets of African American communities in order to assure they ended up in her district.  It's ridiculous.  When the legislature was forced to redraw the district before the last election, they basically left it almost the same and added some areas to the district.  It didn't change a stinking thing.  I'm skeptical that they'll do anything more meaningful this time around.

Corrine Brown is arguably the most embarrassing member of congress, and that's been a pretty consistent thing for her entire 2 decade tenure. 

+1.  She has been my so-called "representative" for several years.
Quote:Neither one of these come anywhere close to Brown.  Keep trying. 

Hank Johnson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg