Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Ghostbusters and Griswolds get new cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

The Ghostbusters and Griswolds get new cars

The Ghostbusters have a new car!

Well, it’s not “new” new.

Director Paul Fieg has tweeted a photo of the car that will carry the now all-female paranormal police squad in next year’s follow-up to the 1984 comedy classic.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/07/0...p=features

I love the original Vacation movies with Chevy Chase.

This one is going to be terrible.

The new Vacation isn't really a remake is it? It's about Rusty reliving his best trip ever, no? That said...it's going to be terrible.
Quote:The new Vacation isn't really a remake is it? It's about Rusty reliving his best trip ever, no? That said...it's going to be terrible.

Vegas Vacation pretty much put a stake in the heart of that franchise, but I see some promise in doing a next generation film.  None of them are going to win any awards for their brilliant scripts or acting, but if you're going to reboot the franchise, Ed Helms as Rusty is actually a good choice, and you'll still get Chevy Chase and Beverly DeAngelo in there as well. 

It'll probably be an entertaining, albeit raunchier installment than previous ones.  Hopefully they haven't given away everything in the trailer.
Looking forward to Vacation...Ghostbusters? Meh.

Both look awful, IMO (movie and cars)

You'd think with all the protesting going on in today's society, they'd protest something really worth protesting, like these two abominations of true classics.. Death to the infidels!
Quote:You'd think with all the protesting going on in today's society, they'd protest something really worth protesting, like these two abominations of true classics.. Death to the infidels!

Has a remake actually ever been better than the original yet?
Quote:Has a remake actually ever been better than the original yet?

Not many, but I can think of a couple off the top of my head. Of course, this is all opinion..

The Hills Have Eyes

Last House on the Left

Halloween (Loved how Rob showed how Myers grew up)

I Spit on your Grave

Just off the top of my head. Most remakes are trash in my opinion.. And I don't know why I only named horror movies. Just my preference I guess.