Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This is just so wrong...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
A woman was shot dead by an illegal alien in San Francisco.  The problem with this?  He was not only deported 5 times, he also had a felony record.  He went to a so-called "sanctuary city" for his own protection.

U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement handed him over to San Francisco authorities over a drug warrant, and requested to be notified of when he was going to be released.  Despite that request, San Francisco authorities let him go.  This is a direct violation of Federal Law and to me, the authorities in San Francisco now have an innocent woman's blood on their hands.  This is a direct consequence of liberal "leadership" or lack thereof.

What would prevent this kind of thing happening again?

1.  Meaningful immigration reform that includes closing and protecting our southern border.

2.  Holding these officials in the so-called "sanctuary-cities" who are clearly and deliberately violating federal law accountable.

Sources regarding the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/us/san-fra...index.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-stay.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/...latestnews

So what did Donald Trump say that has so many upset right now?

So by closing down the southern borders entirely, as you seem to want to do, you're punishing the many for the actions of a small minority.

How is that any different from arguing that all guns should be taken away before a minority of gun owners use them to murder other people?

It's funny just how similar you liberals and you conservatives really are.

Quote:So by closing down the southern borders entirely, as you seem to want to do, you're punishing the many for the actions of a small minority.

How is that any different from arguing that all guns should be taken away before a minority of gun owners use them to murder other people?

It's funny just how similar you liberals and you conservatives really are.

They're all law breakers who should be punished, not just this guy.
Quote:They're all law breakers who should be punished, not just this guy.
All the rhetoric and fear mongering aside, something does need to be done. It's not realistic to deport all I don't think but I also think some reasonable and cost efficient measures could be put in place to stem the tides. Both sides have been a little extreme on being pro or con to immigration. Of course, that is pretty much par for the course for all topics that are in the political spectrum. 
Quote:All the rhetoric and fear mongering aside, something does need to be done. It's not realistic to deport all I don't think but I also think some reasonable and cost efficient measures could be put in place to stem the tides. Both sides have been a little extreme on being pro or con to immigration. Of course, that is pretty much par for the course for all topics that are in the political spectrum.

Why can't we other than we don't want to?
10 killed over 50 injured in Chicago this past weekend. 7 year old shot and killed, while daddy, a known felon gang member was the target.

Priority?

A flag.

Murica

Add this to...this is just so wrong.
Quote:Why can't we other than we don't want to?

How do you propose rounding them up? 
Quote:How do you propose rounding them up?
Close the border then deport all those in custody. Rinse, repeat.
Quote:Close the border then deport all those in custody. Rinse, repeat.
You do realize that the "solution" you've presented is infinitely more expensive and infinitely less likely to be any kind of success than the crap-for-brains ideas in use now, right?
Quote:They're all law breakers who should be punished, not just this guy.
"Closing down the southern borders" suggests that no one should be able to cross, legally or illegally. So you're saying that those who are here legally should be rounded up and deported?

Out of curiousity, what are your thoughts on the northern border? Should we round up all Canadians, build a wall and send them back to the other side of it as well?

There's a fine line between nationalism and xenophobia, and you're straddling it.

I don't think anyone wants the border closed. Most just want the laws enforced, security beefed up between the ports, and some common sense reform that addresses visa overstays and illegal employment.

Deporting Mexicans isn't difficult or expensive. Its the illegals from countries other than Mexico that are expensive and time consuming to remove. Once the borders are mostly secured, that issue becomes less of an issue.
Quote:You do realize that the "solution" you've presented is infinitely more expensive and infinitely less likely to be any kind of success than the crap-for-brains ideas in use now, right?

Infinite is an awful lot.
Quote:"Closing down the southern borders" suggests that no one should be able to cross, legally or illegally. So you're saying that those who are here legally should be rounded up and deported?

Out of curiousity, what are your thoughts on the northern border? Should we round up all Canadians, build a wall and send them back to the other side of it as well?

There's a fine line between nationalism and xenophobia, and you're straddling it.

You don't understand the concept of"illegal" it seems. I'm all for legal, controlled immigration.
Quote:You don't understand the concept of"illegal" it seems. I'm all for legal, controlled immigration.
And you don't understand the concept of "physically possible", it seems. There are plenty of ideas out there about how to handle illegal immigration, but "lock down ALL the borders and deport ALL the Mexicans" is the least realistic one being floated, and it reeks more of xenophobia than a desire to actually solve the problem.
Quote:A woman was shot dead by an illegal alien in San Francisco.  The problem with this?  He was not only deported 5 times, he also had a felony record.  He went to a so-called "sanctuary city" for his own protection.

U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement handed him over to San Francisco authorities over a drug warrant, and requested to be notified of when he was going to be released.  Despite that request, San Francisco authorities let him go.  This is a direct violation of Federal Law and to me, the authorities in San Francisco now have an innocent woman's blood on their hands.  This is a direct consequence of liberal "leadership" or lack thereof.

What would prevent this kind of thing happening again?

1.  Meaningful immigration reform that includes closing and protecting our southern border.

2.  Holding these officials in the so-called "sanctuary-cities" who are clearly and deliberately violating federal law accountable.

Sources regarding the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/us/san-fra...index.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-stay.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/...latestnews

So what did Donald Trump say that has so many upset right now?

We place our citizen's (Military & Govt employees) lives in danger overseas protecting people whom hate us for being in their country, yet we don't place enough resources to protect us at home along the borders from the invansion which occurs at the Mexican border daily.   I am all for helping the poor, the sick, etc but we have measures in place these people are saying that they do not care about our laws or way of life.  We need to have a National ID that is not associated with our Social Security Retirement Tax ID, and we need to start deporting everyone regardless of circumstances that came here illegally.  It has destroyed our economy, and made our Nation weaker in the process.

I thought of many things that the US could such as declare war on Mexico (If it was a US Property we can properly run it and thus help them out so they dont have the need to cross into our country), but the outside world & internally would see it as an aggressive land grab of old.   I thought we could build a wall as congress had tried but its too much land to cover and too much resources to adequately stop them from coming over.  It has to be done from the inside, by removing the reason that they come over whether it be to sell drugs (legalize drugs as long as they are obtained by legal licensed stores to those of age), jobs (more strict checking of legalization employees and hard time for employers caught with illegals employeed, random ID checks and when illegals are caught they are fored into hard labor public work actions like building the wall, or repairing roads, etc
Quote:And you don't understand the concept of "physically possible", it seems. There are plenty of ideas out there about how to handle illegal immigration, but "lock down ALL the borders and deport ALL the Mexicans" is the least realistic one being floated, and it reeks more of xenophobia than a desire to actually solve the problem.

There are many agricultural businesses in this country that cannot survive without cheap, illegal workers too.
Quote:There are many agricultural businesses in this country that cannot survive without cheap, illegal workers too.

The US economy needs the correction that would be provided and we have the lowest labor force participation rate pretty much ever. I bet they find their workers once we fix the social hammock and get people back to work. Is funny how people are so convinced this "can't" be done. Its never been tried and we're Americans, doing the things that can't be done used to be part of our make up. Now we just quit before we start because it's too haaaard.
Quote:The US economy needs the correction that would be provided and we have the lowest labor force participation rate pretty much ever. I bet they find their workers once we fix the social hammock and get people back to work. Is funny how people are so convinced this "can't" be done. Its never been tried and we're Americans, doing the things that can't be done used to be part of our make up. Now we just quit before we start because it's too haaaard.

Alabama tried this already and it was a huge failure. 
Quote:Alabama tried this already and it was a huge failure. 

It's not a state-level issue.
Quote:It's not a state-level issue.

It is a good case study.
Pages: 1 2 3 4