Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Koch Brothers' Questionnaire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These are good questions.    I hope they publish the responses.    I also hope they don't settle for the typical political fence-straddling mealy-mouthed answers. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/power...to-answer/

The candidates must complete the survey while bowing in front of the Koch brothers and licking their boots.

That's an excellent questioner and I'm curious to read the responses. Say what you want about the kochs but there's nothing wrong with asking the candidates to disclose their beliefs and policies before contributing to their campaigns.
Quote:The candidates must complete the survey while bowing in front of the Koch brothers and licking their boots.

Those are fantastic questions that I'd be interesting in seeing the answers to. It's a shame your Koch problem gets in the way of your rationality.
Man, I'm cynical...

The questions are good, but what answers are they looking for?

That to me is the point...

Also, these questions as the ones they made public... I wonder if there are some private questions they want to ask their candidate in the king making process.
Quote:Man, I'm cynical...

The questions are good, but what answers are they looking for?

That to me is the point...

Also, these questions as the ones they made public... I wonder if there are some private questions they want to ask their candidate in the king making process.

If they do this right, they will publish the answers the candidates gave, they will endorse a candidate, and they will say, "this is why we endorsed this candidate."   If they do all that, I think it will add a lot of transparency to what the Koch brothers are doing politically.  
Quote:Those are fantastic questions that I'd be interesting in seeing the answers to. It's a shame your Koch problem gets in the way of your rationality.

Yeah I mean it is just two guys with 900 million dollars looking to see who they should back for president. No big deal. Yeah democracy!!!
I wonder if we will see a list of questions from George Soros.  Imagine what those questions would be...

Quote:I wonder if we will see a list of questions from George Soros. Imagine what those questions would be...

Soooooo scaaaaarrryyyyyy
Quote:I wonder if we will see a list of questions from George Soros.  Imagine what those questions would be...

I imagine the questions would be similar. The difference would be where the money goes in response to the answers.
Quote:I imagine the questions would be similar. The difference would be where the money goes in response to the answers.

I would wish that the questions would be similar, but my guess is that there would be many social issues involved rather than issues that really matter.  Off the top of my head would be questions regarding gay marriage, "income inequality", abortion, religion, etc.
The questionnaire they gave to the media

Yes..great questions. So what? It's the answers that matter. I can give my answer. The politician answers. The answers Koch boys want. Then I'd like to compare. Will that happen? Don't think so. If they make the questions public, make the answers as well. Good luck

WWTD? What Would Trump Do?

In the meantime the politicians all have For Sale sign buttons pinned to their lapels.
Quote:The questionnaire they gave to the media

Questions the media should ask to the candidates, rather than their usual 150 questions about gay marriage.

Quote:Questions the media should ask to the candidates, rather than their usual 150 questions about gay marriage.

You left out abortion, etc...
Quote:You left out abortion, etc...

Abortion is a pretty big issue and it's not like they all have the same stance. Some republicans support it as an option just not publicly funded, some advocate repealing roe vs wade, some advocate only tighter restrictions, some just ignore it which tells me it's a non issue.
Quote:Abortion is a pretty big issue and it's not like they all have the same stance. Some republicans support it as an option just not publicly funded, some advocate repealing roe vs wade, some advocate only tighter restrictions, some just ignore it which tells me it's a non issue.

Other than whether or not it's publicly funded there's very little that anyone could change from the current laws. It may be a talking point, but it's a non-issue.

Quote:Questions the media should ask to the candidates, rather than their usual 150 questions about gay marriage.

Meh these are questions for the most part that are typically asked at debates followed with canned responses prepared by the candidates election strategist.  There were a couple of decent questions though, but I seriously doubt Super Koch Bros. is going to sit down and grade these candidates on these set of question.   
Quote:Meh these are questions for the most part that are typically asked at debates followed with canned responses prepared by the candidates election strategist.  There were a couple of decent questions though, but I seriously doubt Super Koch Bros. is going to sit down and grade these candidates on these set of question.   

But the nice thing is, I don't have to sit through those idiotic debates.   I can just read the questions and answers.  
Quote:But the nice thing is, I don't have to sit through those idiotic debates. I can just read the questions and answers.

But how will you know who won your vote with the funniest zinger of the night?
Pages: 1 2