Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

We're home Smile

Here's to another 700 pages!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-04-2017, 06:21 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: We're home Smile

Somebody had to kick it off. 

Here's to the grand reprise! 

[Image: leonardo-dicaprio-brinda-grande-vagonett...cheers.gif]

(06-04-2017, 06:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 06:21 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: We're home Smile

Somebody had to kick it off. 

Here's to the grand reprise! 

Starting the Ode thread will probably be my greatest contribution to this board  Big Grin

The right guy kicks off the best thread on this board!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2017, 06:57 PM by homebiscuit.)

My post count dropped by 4000 coming over from the old board. That's how many I must have had in the old "Ode" thread. 4000...man, I need to get a life.

Speaking of the old board, I changed out my garbage disposal today. For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would want to be a plumber. As an ode to plumbers everywhere, I removed my belt and let my pants sag as I was working under the sink.

Tongue 

I just wanted to post in the new old thread.  So exciting and new!
Smile

(06-04-2017, 06:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My post count dropped by 4000 coming over from the old board. That's how many I must have had in the old "Ode" thread. 4000...man, I need to get a life.

Speaking of the old board, I changed out my garbage disposal today. For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would want to be a plumber. As an ode to plumbers everywhere, I removed my belt and let my pants sag as I was working under the sink.

I understand this I hate changing garbage disposals every house we've lived in ive ended up doing it and it succcckkks
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Yay!! It lives!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-04-2017, 09:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Yay!! It lives!!

It's like the junk drawer of the message board. If there is no particular place for a thought, it goes here.

It won't let me quote right now...but this thread is the best on the board!! It's where all the cool kids hang out!!  Cool

(06-04-2017, 10:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

It's like the junk drawer of the message board. If there is no particular place for a thought, it goes here.

Cleaning out the junk drawer always yields some cool stuff that you forgot you had. Usually buried under half-worn-down AA batteries, rubber bands and bread ties.

(06-04-2017, 10:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It won't let me quote right now...but this thread is the best on the board!! It's where all the cool kids hang out!!  Cool

Try the reply button under a person's post instead of quote.

Nope...it quotes every post n the thread and only allows so many different quotes in each reply. Darn it.

(06-04-2017, 11:30 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 10:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It won't let me quote right now...but this thread is the best on the board!! It's where all the cool kids hang out!!  Cool

Try the reply button under a person's post instead of quote.

I figured out the quote option!! Yay!!

Welcome home.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-05-2017, 12:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Welcome home.

Get an avatar!!

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2017, 12:32 AM by JagsorDie.)

(06-04-2017, 11:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 10:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Cleaning out the junk drawer always yields some cool stuff that you forgot you had. Usually buried under half-worn-down AA batteries, rubber bands and bread ties.

You Forgot about the 7 phone chargers that don't go to your phone anymore and a few triple a batteries from 2004.

(06-05-2017, 12:32 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: You Forgot about the 7 phone chargers that don't go to your phone anymore and a few triple a batteries from 2004.

And a couple of keys that you don't have a clue to what they go to.

Good to be home..

A few questions:

Do we get notifications on our main page if someone likes or replies to you?
How do I get my Avatar back?
How do I add pictures or GIFs into the main body of my posts? (Before I used to just 'copy' & 'paste')
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-05-2017, 02:25 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Good to be home..

A few questions:

How do I add pictures or GIFs into the main body of my posts? (Before I used to just 'copy' & 'paste')
  • you can subscribe to individual forums by clicking on  "subscribe to this forum" in the upper right corner of the frame -this will send you an email when a response is posted - I don't think there is a notification on the site currently
  • Your control panel "user CP" has all the avatar, signature, profile editing tools you need
  • Use the "reply" function instead of "quick post" and there will be an "add image" option where you may copy/paste a url

(06-05-2017, 10:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 02:25 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Good to be home..

A few questions:

• you can subscribe to individual forums by clicking on  "subscribe to this forum" in the upper right corner of the frame -this will send you an email when a response is posted - I don't think there is a notification on the site currently

• Your control panel "user CP" has all the avatar, signature, profile editing tools you need

• Use the "reply" function instead of "quick post" and there will be an "add image" option where you may copy/paste a url

Thanks! Most of that makes sense.. Avatar changed.. and hopefully we'll receive a notification like we used to... not that it's an overly important thing. Just a nicety, really.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...