Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most Underrated/Overrated Video Games

(05-26-2018, 02:49 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 05:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Overrated: Destiny
Underrated: Fortnite

LOL Fortnite is terrible. It's literally made for 12 year olds. 

But I can see how it appeals to today's generation, which is to have everything easy. Very little skill involved in that game. Play it for 5 hours and you'll be just as good as the other 95% who play it.

Lol what are you talking about? The building dynamic of the game makes it so that there is a large gap between good and intermediate players. It also takes skill as a stand alone shooter. Add in the fact that you have to be tactical about what path you take through the map and when and where to build and set up shop makes it a very difficult game to be good at. Learn something about the game before you talk out of your behind. I'm interested to know what games you think require skill?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I definitely don't think Fortnite can be underrated at this point. It's the biggest game by virtually every measure going right now. The player base is bigger than any other. The biggest streamer, by far, is a Fortnite streamer, as are many of the other top gaming streamers.

Still, it's not a low skill game. It may not have the gun play that other games have, but the building aspect separates the talented players from the bad players. It's not as RNG as the other big BR game. IMO, the only "low skill" aspect of it is that it's third person perspective. Honestly, I think most of the "kid's game" stuff is because of the graphics, pretty sure I heard some of the same stuff when TF2 came out.

Few People would ever spend $50 for Fortnite. The price is a big part of the popularity.
s
;

;

(05-30-2018, 06:02 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: Few People would ever spend $50 for Fortnite.  The price is a big part of the popularity.

Yeah, it definitely helps.  Even if you put the PUBG price point ($30) on it, it'd still probably outpace them.  PUBG is getting better, but Fortnite has been doing everything better than them for a long time now.

My next door neighbour's 6 year old son plays Fortnite. He's amazing at it.. wins almost every game he plays.. anyway, the neighbour was saying how they got an invoice emailed to them from Microsoft for their purchases.. this kid had spent £180 ($240) on character customisation!! Apparently the character looked amazing, but seriously?!

Anyway they said it was pointless contacting Microsoft to say that this 30 year old's 6 year old son has been playing Fortnite and customising their character.. the story wouldn't wash, especially with the fact that he's so good at it!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-03-2018, 04:20 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: My next door neighbour's 6 year old son plays Fortnite. He's amazing at it.. wins almost every game he plays.. anyway, the neighbour was saying how they got an invoice emailed to them from Microsoft for their purchases.. this kid had spent £180 ($240) on character customisation!! Apparently the character looked amazing, but seriously?!

Anyway they said it was pointless contacting Microsoft to say that this 30 year old's 6 year old son has been playing Fortnite and customising their character.. the story wouldn't wash, especially with the fact that he's so good at it!

The funny thing with Fortnite is, they released the free Battle Royale version because they basically ran out of money to continue development. 

Now its raking in money hand over first.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(06-03-2018, 10:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 04:20 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: My next door neighbour's 6 year old son plays Fortnite. He's amazing at it.. wins almost every game he plays.. anyway, the neighbour was saying how they got an invoice emailed to them from Microsoft for their purchases.. this kid had spent £180 ($240) on character customisation!! Apparently the character looked amazing, but seriously?!

The funny thing with Fortnite is, they released the free Battle Royale version because they basically ran out of money to continue development. 

Isn't there some kind of issue going on between them and PUBG?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-03-2018, 10:07 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 10:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The funny thing with Fortnite is, they released the free Battle Royale version because they basically ran out of money to continue development. 

Yeah, I believe PUBG developers just filed a lawsuit against them.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(06-03-2018, 10:07 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 10:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The funny thing with Fortnite is, they released the free Battle Royale version because they basically ran out of money to continue development. 

Yeah, PUBG has a weird fascination with making sure everyone believes they invented everything in their game.  They're suing Epic Games (Fortnite publisher) for copyright infringement, claiming that they copied the PUBG concept.  It's a ridiculous argument as there's been many BR games that pre-date PUBG, and even if you want to ignore the games that the PUBG head was involved in prior to PUBG, you still have games like Ark: Survival the Fittest that released before PUBG with the same concept.  I've read some believe their main gripe is that Epic will not provide as much development of the engine that PUBG uses from them, and instead focus on Fortnite.  Also the potential that Epic used information from PUBG to develop Fortnite, which is unlikely considering Fortnite doesn't have the coding issues PUBG has and that it's just not worth the headache that would result from them getting caught to take code that they can easily make themselves.

It's just another stupid lawsuit in a string of stupid lawsuits by PUBG.  They need to quit trying to take down other games and just focus their money and efforts on their own.  If they'd fix some of their glaring issues, they wouldn't have to worry about any other game using the same BR concept.

Anyone here play Mobile Legends?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-05-2018, 03:14 PM)Dimson Wrote: Anyone here play Mobile Legends?

Never heard of it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(06-25-2018, 07:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 03:14 PM)Dimson Wrote: Anyone here play Mobile Legends?

Never heard of it.
It is the Mobile knock of League of Legends.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-03-2018, 05:39 PM)empty Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 10:07 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Isn't there some kind of issue going on between them and PUBG?

Yeah, PUBG has a weird fascination with making sure everyone believes they invented everything in their game.  They're suing Epic Games (Fortnite publisher) for copyright infringement, claiming that they copied the PUBG concept.  It's a ridiculous argument as there's been many BR games that pre-date PUBG, and even if you want to ignore the games that the PUBG head was involved in prior to PUBG, you still have games like Ark: Survival the Fittest that released before PUBG with the same concept.  I've read some believe their main gripe is that Epic will not provide as much development of the engine that PUBG uses from them, and instead focus on Fortnite.  Also the potential that Epic used information from PUBG to develop Fortnite, which is unlikely considering Fortnite doesn't have the coding issues PUBG has and that it's just not worth the headache that would result from them getting caught to take code that they can easily make themselves.

It's just another stupid lawsuit in a string of stupid lawsuits by PUBG.  They need to quit trying to take down other games and just focus their money and efforts on their own.  If they'd fix some of their glaring issues, they wouldn't have to worry about any other game using the same BR concept.

They musta heard you.
Lawsuit has been dropped

(06-27-2018, 04:08 PM)Kane Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 05:39 PM)empty Wrote: Yeah, PUBG has a weird fascination with making sure everyone believes they invented everything in their game.  They're suing Epic Games (Fortnite publisher) for copyright infringement, claiming that they copied the PUBG concept.  It's a ridiculous argument as there's been many BR games that pre-date PUBG, and even if you want to ignore the games that the PUBG head was involved in prior to PUBG, you still have games like Ark: Survival the Fittest that released before PUBG with the same concept.  I've read some believe their main gripe is that Epic will not provide as much development of the engine that PUBG uses from them, and instead focus on Fortnite.  Also the potential that Epic used information from PUBG to develop Fortnite, which is unlikely considering Fortnite doesn't have the coding issues PUBG has and that it's just not worth the headache that would result from them getting caught to take code that they can easily make themselves.

They musta heard you.
Lawsuit has been dropped

Considering they just released an event pass that was just like Fortnite's battle pass, I'm not too surprised.  Be kind of weird to sue a company for copying you when you copy part of their's during the lawsuit.

Good to hear, though.  Hopefully the keep focusing on their game instead of everyone else's.