Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
18-19 NBA Season Thread

Magic looked good tonight and Bamba is gonna be a star.  Gonna be a fun season to watch hopefully

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh man, **THE OFFICIAL NBA PRESEASON THREAD ** is no longer applicable.

(10-17-2018, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Magic looked good tonight and Bamba is gonna be a star.  Gonna be a fun season to watch hopefully

They were definitely fun to watch prior to almost choking the game away (including 2 missed free throws by Fournier).    Just wish they could find a guard that can actually shot 3's.  Take away Aaron Gordon's 4-5 performance from behind the arc and the rest of the Magic shot 3-20 from the 3-point line.

In any event, Block City was pretty cool to watch !!

(10-17-2018, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Magic looked good tonight and Bamba is gonna be a star.  Gonna be a fun season to watch hopefully

I have been looking forward to this kid since we drafted him. I knew from the first interview that he was smart, and not like other players. Hes gonna be great

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-18-2018, 10:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

They were definitely fun to watch prior to almost choking the game away (including 2 missed free throws by Fournier).    Just wish they could find a guard that can actually shot 3's.  Take away Aaron Gordon's 4-5 performance from behind the arc and the rest of the Magic shot 3-20 from the 3-point line.

In any event, Block City was pretty cool to watch !!

That's because Vuc and EF are garbage. Should of never took Bamba out and Fournier went even look at Gordon when he having a great game.  Can't wait till those 2 are gone

I used to think Vuc was going to be really good but I'm coming to realize he's more like Kevin Love (who can look really good only on a really bad team)

(10-19-2018, 03:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I used to think Vuc was going to be really good but I'm coming to realize he's more like Kevin Love (who can look really good only on a really bad team)

Hopefully we can get a number 1 pick for Vuc then.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I have come to terms with the fact my lakers are still an incedably young inexperienced group in a way over power conference without Lebron. Zo has stepped up more than I expected with rondo down. But I can't help but feel we are misusing BI tremendously. He is not a catch and shoot guy so he leans on the ISO a lot, but having him bring the ball down towards the end of games with Lonzo hiding in the corner hoping he doesn't get fouled is painful to watch.

We may limp into the post season but I'm still taking this year as a tryout year with hopes we sign a Supermax in the summer.

(01-06-2019, 07:18 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I have come to terms with the fact my lakers are still an incedably young inexperienced group in a way over power conference  without Lebron. Zo has stepped up more than I expected with rondo down. But I can't help but feel we are misusing BI tremendously. He is not a catch and shoot guy so he leans on the ISO a lot, but having him bring the ball down towards the end of games with Lonzo hiding in the corner hoping he doesn't get fouled is painful to watch.

We may limp into the post season but I'm still taking this year as a tryout year with hopes we sign a Supermax in the summer.

Limping a lot more with Lonzo now injured.  That said, they have made progress but as you noted above, the real progress comes when they sign a Supermax player in the summer.

If LeBron doesn't come back soon Lakers may not even make the playoffs.

(01-23-2019, 01:17 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: If LeBron doesn't come back soon Lakers may not even make the playoffs.

I think he will be back. I think he could have come back sooner but they are not risking anything on a season that isn't going to end with a title no matter what they do. they may make the post season like a said, but I don't expect them to go far at all.

The team has a lot young talent. Once most of these guys mature, they are all going to be starting caliber players.

there will be a big move this summer. I think that it will blow the lid off the western conference. I think it will be AD to LA and I think most people will hate the move. there is a possibility that he goes to BOS but I think that it may come with irving leaving the Celtics which I don't know if I see happening. 

If it is not a AD move I think LA make some moves like taking Lillard or making a move for another supermax that is looming.

a shocker would be the greek freak and LeBron teaming up in two years but think that is highly unlikely.

Also, I think golden state will start to get picked apart by guys getting bug deals at other teams starting this summer.

AD wants a trade now... here we go

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 08:28 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(01-28-2019, 02:30 PM)JaegsorDie Wrote: AD wants a trade now... here we go

Pelicans would be dumb to trade now and get non star talent. Keep Davis to the end and see if trade for the #1 pick to get zion williamson. Or tank, bench ad for the rest of the season, pelicans get a lottery pick and trade ad for #1 overall, draft zion and rj barrett

(01-29-2019, 08:26 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 02:30 PM)JaegsorDie Wrote: AD wants a trade now... here we go

Pelicans would be dumb to trade now and get non star talent. Keep Davis to the end and see if trade for the #1 pick to get zion williamson.  Or tank, bench ad for the rest of the season,  pelicans get a lottery pick and trade ad for #1 overall, draft zion and rj barrett
Unless reports that are coming out are true that AD has said if he is traded to any team not la he will not sign an extension and will essentially be a rental. 

Plus la cannot beat the c bags in Boston so if magic isn't stupid he will say his offer will not be on the table come summer. He has to push this deal now or never. He can't let what happen to Leonard or PG happen because AD is a top three talent he needs and wants to come to LA

Plus celtics are going to try to hold Tatum cause they suck. And honestly BI, ZO, Kuzma, Zubac, KCP, and hart are competing with celtics if they leave Tatum out.

As for the knicks, I don't think ad is interested in that so the knocks would be stupid to trade for someone who is leaving in a year.

Since ad said this, I think no would be stupid to trot him out the rest of the season when the crowd is going to start turning on him. Cut ties and call it because that organization is garbage for not putting more around him that is why they are losing him.

Wow, with that trade to the Mavs I have to wonder if the Magic could have gotten Portzingis for a bag of chips also. Even tho I like MoBamba, he would be gone for the Unicorn if it was me.

(01-31-2019, 07:59 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Wow, with that trade to the Mavs I have to wonder if the Magic could have gotten Portzingis for a bag of chips also. Even tho I like MoBamba, he would be gone for the Unicorn if it was me.

Knicks return wasnt a bag of chips. 2 future firsts, a promising young PG, and a major salary dump so that they can make a play for 2 max FAs this off season.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 09:15 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(02-01-2019, 12:16 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 07:59 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Wow, with that trade to the Mavs I have to wonder if the Magic could have gotten Portzingis for a bag of chips also. Even tho I like MoBamba, he would be gone for the Unicorn if it was me.

Knicks return wasnt a bag of chips. 2 future firsts, a promising young PG, and a major salary dump so that they can make a play for 2 max FAs this off season.

If there is one thing the NBA has taught me, having a ton of cap space is not the same thing as actually being able to sign superstars. NY has had tons of cap before, and all they got was Amare Stoudimire. Those firsts are protected, and will likely be role players. Smith is already a  decent role player, and maybe could be more, but when you give up an perennial all-star you would like more.

Even tho the Magic didn't give up much for Fultz, I still don't like the trade. That man is broken, I don't know if he can be fixed.

Orlando traded for fultz. Lol. Dumb

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 12:03 PM by JagsorDie.)

(02-07-2019, 09:14 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 12:16 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Knicks return wasnt a bag of chips. 2 future firsts, a promising young PG, and a major salary dump so that they can make a play for 2 max FAs this off season.

Even tho the Magic didn't give up much for Fultz, I still don't like the trade. That man is broken, I don't know if he can be fixed.

the thing about Fultz is that his off the court issues don't tell his whole story. 

the TOS he has is actually a huge problem that may or not be curable. My cousin actually had a form of this that ended his baseball career(he wasn't MLB but he was in college for baseball). TOS from my understanding comes in two forms- vascular, which creates a problem with blood flow to your arm and hand and can inhibit you from being able to lift your arm quickly and can cause numbness in your arm and hands. And neurological TOS which causes the same thing but is caused by damaged or compressed nerves. Vascular, from my understanding, can in most cases be remedied while neurological is much more difficult to cure. most people never get this diagnosed because it doesn't hold most people back unless you do something high strain that requires you lifting your arm above your head(throwing a baseball or in his case taking a jumpshot).

The odd part about him having TOS is that it almost never occurs or inhibits people in the sport of basketball. It is more prevalent in baseball because of the throwing motion and the strain that it puts on the arm and shoulder.

I don't see how someone goes from a first overall pick to barely being able to shoot without having something medically going on and I think this is the case with him. hopefully he can get thru that and get that fixed.

edit: thoracic outlet syndrome is TOS for those of you who want to look that up.