Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wonder what the other three think about the Jags landing Foles...

I might go peer the other forums, see what the fans of the other three think of the Jags getting Foles. I hope they feel fear and dread. So many years of Manning and the freaking ugly tacks beating the crap out of us all these years. I hate the tacks.... I hope they are afraid, very afraid. The Jags finally have a QB with real talent. So many years after Brunell of sub par, ineffective, QB's. Year after year, of never knowing what we were getting. Only Garrard had real talent, but even he would choke when the games counted. lol.... I know it is really premature to be this sure, but it feels different already. Knock on wood...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not your normal Jags hate monger (as I am a fan as well) ... If I simply lean on my nearly lifelong Colts fan-hood, I think signing Foles is very worrisome to the rest of the division. Without the killer Jags defense, it wouldn't be quite as much of a concern.  What worries me the most? Belichick couldn't even slow him down. The same coach that beat Mahomes on his own field, the same coach that would consistently beat Peyton Manning, the same coach that smacked the Rams backwards in the SB.  Not many players get the better of Belichick.  Maybe Malcom Butler would have made a difference, maybe not ... But, Foles can make quick decisions, and get it out fast enough to beat a Belichick team in a shootout.  I would say that is a reason to significantly worry about Foles elevating the Jaguars at it's weakest position since week four of the 2003 season.

My honest perception is that the Jags let a lot of players walk to sign someone who may be a system player. Even if he turns out to be decent in the Jags’ offense, will it be enough to offset the unknowns that are going to be playing in other positions? Just a couple seasons ago, the Jags made it to the AFC Championship game with an elite defense. Some of those guys regressed, but you definitely saw what was possible. Are the Jags better off signing Foles to that big contract or would they have been better off bolstering their line and their defense? The Bortles contract was dumb, but if Foles doesn’t live up to this contract, things are going to get ugly fast. They can’t afford for him to be just a game manager. I don’t think the FO would survive.

As a fan of an opposing team, my hope is that Foles gets gaudy stats in garbage time all season, therefore justifying this signing on paper while the Jags ride out another 4th place showing.

From a FF perspective, I’m going to be watching what the Jags do at TE and RB. Foles is going to need out guys. He’s going to need his ‘Ertz’.

The Tack fans think we are in freefall and that Foles is a joke. There are a couple of wiser ones saying that Foles could be a beast, but most are laughing at the Jags. Man I hate the tacks.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

One question: Who would you prefer to game plan for - Bortles led offense or Foles led offense?

We could use a wickedly quick slot WR like Edelman . In my opinion Rashad Greene filled that role but his fumbles have cost him his spot on the team. It is a shame, too, because he can get open on short routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foles was a good signing for you guys. Now can marrone stay out of the way, or does he put his mularkey-esque stamp all over him?
[Image: incredulous.gif]

I don’t think anyone doubts that Foles is an upgrade. I think the problem is that the dumb Bortles contract and Foles’s new contract has you guys replacing your 2018 disappointments with every other team’s even bigger disappointments. Bortles sucked but the team around him wasn’t good either. Plugging Foles into a worse team than what Bortles had doesn’t bode well for Foles. He’s been successful for short periods of time with great defenses backing him up. He’s been great with an elite TE to throw to. There’s still plenty of offseason left though.

Somebody will pick bb5 up....maybe even Miami as a starter while they pull a QB from the draft.
It will knock his cap hit with us down.....the Jaguars will be on the hunt in 2019 season...
tacks will be a tasty meal.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Foles cant tackle derrick henry either

Haven't seen anything on the dolts page yet

(03-17-2019, 01:40 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Foles cant tackle derrick henry either

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...nt-believe
Foles  will be an upgrade  everyone needs to  forget about  one season under  Jeff  Fisher ,  Brady would have failed playing under that system

(03-17-2019, 01:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 01:40 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Foles cant tackle derrick henry either

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Made me laugh Wink

(03-17-2019, 06:18 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 01:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Made me laugh Wink

I hate the tacks, but that gave me a chuckle on a Monday morning.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-17-2019, 10:16 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: My honest perception is that the Jags let a lot of players walk to sign someone who may be a system player. Even if he turns out to be decent in the Jags’ offense, will it be enough to offset the unknowns that are going to be playing in other positions? Just a couple seasons ago, the Jags made it to the AFC Championship game with an elite defense. 

The Jags defense is still largely in place. They had a bit of a down year in 2018 but still held many opponents to low scores and ranked highly in most stat categories. 

I feel the key to utilizing Foles optimally will be finding key additions at TE, another RB with receiving ability, and another O-Lineman to compete for a start on the right side.

As a Texans fan, I view Foles as an upgrade over Bortles...but then again there's not many signings who wouldn't be.  I do think his success in Jacksonville will be determined if and how they can run the RPO that Foles fits into (I do think Foles is system QB when he's at his best.) The Jags have gotten the OC to run it, but I'm not sure they've got the offensive pieces at the moment.  In my opinion I don't view Fournette as a RPO back, particularly in his (lack of) quick decision making.  The jags also need to add 1-2 "quick twitch" WRs to get open in their short-to-medium routes.

(03-17-2019, 06:18 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 01:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Made me laugh Wink

Gave me indigestion.  Go figure.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 11:07 AM by Ronster.)

The AFC South truly is a dysfunctional, indecisive division.(ever since Manning left) I miss playing the steelers twice a year.

(03-23-2019, 11:06 AM)Ronster Wrote: The AFC South truly is a dysfunctional, indecisive division.(ever since Manning left) I miss playing the steelers twice a year.

Those were always slugfests.  MAN those were great games.....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn