Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Quirky Hand of Fate (RG3 trade attempt)

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2019, 08:00 AM by Bullseye.)

What if this deal materialized?

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/04...tkoHkjQddg

Would we have still pursued Foles?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Was just about to post this myself... It leaves me with so many questions...

Why bring him in as a FA visit, not sign him, then try to trade for him in preseason?
Had they already decided re-signing Bortles was a mistake?
Is there any coherent long term strategy in our FO?

Lotta questions...

They were probably looking for an upgrade at the back up spot sensing Kessler’s ineffectiveness if thrown into a starting role. Due diligence at best. No way they considered him some long term starter, so yes I believe they still would have gone after Foles.

It was Super Bowl or bust last year in the preseason.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

(04-04-2019, 07:37 AM)jaglawyer Wrote: They were probably looking for an upgrade at the back up spot sensing Kessler’s ineffectiveness if thrown into a starting role.  Due diligence at best.  No way they considered him some long term starter, so yes I believe they still would have gone after Foles.  

It was Super Bowl or bust last year in the preseason.

I think you're right, but it would've been a terrible look to trade for someone they had in the building as a free agent a few months before. Doesn't fill me with confidence that everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet, so to speak.

They were initially looking for a better back-up for Bortles who had just been extended, then later tried again to acquire the back-up, perhaps with a bit more urgency.

Either way, I'm not interested in that acquisition. It will be interesting to see where DeFilippo steers the backup QB selection. And I don't think it will involve RG3.

Good God! We dodged a bullet!

RG3 sounds like a loser.

He'd rather be a backup then be a bridge QB?

That's how you show you're worth being a starter.

(04-04-2019, 01:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Good God! We dodged a bullet!

Winchester, Remington... Bortles, RG3... I don't think it really mattered last year.  We were going to bite either one and still end up where we stand today.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-04-2019, 01:10 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: RG3 sounds like a loser.

He'd rather be a backup then be a bridge QB?

That's how you show you're worth being a starter.

Hmm...

Did you miss all the RGme pressers from his days in DC?
Never really liked the guy myself