Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DaVon Hamilton Signed

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I pray that my skepticism is incorrect about this young man. I see him as an space eater at best as my opinion was/is derived from his 2019 highlights. I serioisly pray that he can get into the backfield regardless of whom has the ball.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(06-29-2020, 03:35 PM)NH3 Wrote: I pray that my skepticism is incorrect about this young man. I see him as an space eater at best as my opinion was/is derived from his 2019 highlights. I serioisly pray that he can get into the backfield regardless of whom has the ball.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

We didn't lose for lack of pass rush last year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

As long as he can help witht the run D is all i care about from him. He helps do that its a good pick imo.

Chaaampionshiiip

(06-29-2020, 07:03 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Chaaampionshiiip

Beat me to it! Second best space eater in the draft, according to some. Although Kinlaw to me was #1 DT in draft, and the Auburn fatty #2.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Just hope that he will be somethign else in the NFL!
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

I’m excited for Hamilton. He will contribute.

He's got good size and power, and is an excellent run stopper. He's mobile and strong enough to develop some pass rush ability with experience. Good rotational nose in year 1, and should be a long term starter thereafter.

(06-30-2020, 12:04 PM)ATLjag Wrote: He's got good size and power, and is an excellent run stopper.  He's mobile and strong enough to develop some pass rush ability with experience.  Good rotational nose in year 1, and should be a long term starter thereafter.

Yep! Great value out of round 3. We’ve had a really good long run at finding solid players in the 2nd and 3rd round. 

He won’t have the scrutiny of the Bryan pick but I believe he can be just as good if not better. I haven’t been this excited for a draft class since Justin Blackmon. (I knew Ramsey and Jack would be good). But this class overall has a lot to offer and a variety. 

I’m also excited about the Josiah Scott pick. I think he will turn out to be a good pick.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2020, 03:26 AM by JaG4LyFe.)

(06-29-2020, 03:35 PM)NH3 Wrote: I pray that my skepticism is incorrect about this young man. I see him as an space eater at best as my opinion was/is derived from his 2019 highlights. I serioisly pray that he can get into the backfield regardless of whom has the ball.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
That's what they drafted him for...lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2020, 11:35 AM by NH3.)

(07-01-2020, 03:25 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
That's what they drafted him for...lol
I hope not due to being a Space Eater, Run Stuffer and Interior Pass Rusher are three different qualifications.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

If all he is is a space eater, I will take that and be happy, because last year, teams just shoved us out of the way and ran right up the middle on us.

(07-01-2020, 08:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

If all he is is a space eater, I will take that and be happy, because last year, teams just shoved us out of the way and ran right up the middle on us.

Pass rush is useless when you can't stop the run.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Per thedraftnetwork analyst's summaries...

"Davon Hamilton is a senior from Ohio State but he has untapped potential considering he didn’t start until his final season as a Buckeye and still only played a modest amount of reps. That said, it’s easy to notice his massive frame, power and excellent mobility for his size. His run defense is stellar. Hamitlon is a fast processor with a stout anchor and he quickly works through contact. He has significant room for growth as a pass rusher, but there are tools to develop and he is a powerful pocket pusher. Hamilton is best utilized as a one-tech in an even front but there is some appeal for him to situationally play three-technique as well. At a minimum, Hamilton should be a standout run defender but he has the potential to develop into much more." -Marino, analyst

"Davon Hamilton projects as a starting Nose Tackle at the NFL level. Despite one year of starting at Ohio State, Hamilton has excellent polish as a two-gap defender and flashes really surprising skills as a penetration and pressure player. He's an ideal fit as a penetration nose or as a 1T in an even front defense, where he can collapse the pocket or stuff up the middle and allow his 3T one on one looks and a lot of free flow for his linebackers. Should be an NFL starter sooner rather than later." -Crabbs, analyst

(07-01-2020, 08:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Exactly my thoughts Marty. DaVon will definitely help us in that department. He’s not a guy that’s gonna get tossed around. He will rotate and provide depth at a position that we were thin at.

(07-01-2020, 07:10 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Per thedraftnetwork analyst's summaries...

"Davon Hamilton is a senior from Ohio State but he has untapped potential considering he didn’t start until his final season as a Buckeye and still only played a modest amount of reps. That said, it’s easy to notice his massive frame, power and excellent mobility for his size. His run defense is stellar. Hamitlon is a fast processor with a stout anchor and he quickly works through contact. He has significant room for growth as a pass rusher, but there are tools to develop and he is a powerful pocket pusher. Hamilton is best utilized as a one-tech in an even front but there is some appeal for him to situationally play three-technique as well. At a minimum, Hamilton should be a standout run defender but he has the potential to develop into much more." -Marino, analyst

"Davon Hamilton projects as a starting Nose Tackle at the NFL level. Despite one year of starting at Ohio State, Hamilton has excellent polish as a two-gap defender and flashes really surprising skills as a penetration and pressure player. He's an ideal fit as a penetration nose or as a 1T in an even front defense, where he can collapse the pocket or stuff up the middle and allow his 3T one on one looks and a lot of free flow for his linebackers. Should be an NFL starter sooner rather than later." -Crabbs, analyst

Nice read.

I again sincerely hope that he's Much More than an space eater. Much More.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Give Dave Caldwell credit for having drafted the consensus second overall CB, edge rusher and NT in the same draft. These are some serious building blocks for the defense. I think that Josiah Scott is really going to turn some heads. He is a tough nosed player with elite tackling ability.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(07-02-2020, 09:00 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Give Dave Caldwell credit for having drafted the consensus second overall CB, edge rusher and NT in the same draft.  These are some serious building blocks for the defense. I think that Josiah Scott is really going to turn some heads.  He is a tough nosed player with elite tackling ability.

I’m also excited about Scott. He’s not afraid to put a hat on someone.