Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Questions Re: Beating Video Games

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 08:05 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(06-28-2018, 11:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I thought about making this into an entirely new thread, but since it's about beating video games, I decided to add these questions here.

These questions involve, for lack of better phrasing, video game ethics.

If you get off to a bad start in a game do you have any qualms about re-starting the game?  For example, if you are playing Madden, and because you hit the wrong button on a pass play, you end up throwing a pick 6, do you play through or would you restart the game?  Why?  

If it is a sports game, if it became obvious you were going to lose, would you restart then to keep the loss off your record or play through the schedule?  Would your answer change if it were a playoff game?  What about a computer opponent vs. an online opponent or a friend at your house?

Do you buy/use video game guides?

Do you have any problems using "cheat codes" in games that give you things like unlimited lives, ammo, invulnerability, etc?

If you get stuck, do you have any qualms about going online and looking at a walk through?

If you believe in "going it alone" without any help of any kind, why?

Ok:

Bad start? Sometimes. I generally don't play seasons on Madden so I'll restart a game if "the game is cheating" lol I've restarted RPGs where I've realized decisions I've made have royally screwed me or if I'm disappointed with the build I've made. 

I never quit if I'm playing with/against a real person.

I bought a few guides back in the PSX/N64 days, not anymore. 

As Kane said, cheat codes are fair game after you've beaten it, especially in GTA. 

I'll look up a walkthrough from time to time. It depends. If it's an older game in my backlog that I'm trying to power through, I'll look up stuff like door passwords and such if I can't find it in a reasonable time. If it's a new game, something like Witcher 3, I only use it if I've been sitting there for hours and am still stuck. Usually going to do a few side quests to "reset" my brain works on it's own. 

I definitely prefer to go it alone most of the time. Which is a reason I love Bethesda. I like playing with a close group of friends in games like COD, or a little more loose feeling game like Far Cry or Borderlands, but I generally prefer the single player RPG route.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Messages In This Thread
Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Bullseye - 06-13-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-22-2018, 09:45 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 07-06-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Mikey - 07-10-2018, 08:40 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-13-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-19-2018, 01:38 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-29-2018, 09:33 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-29-2018, 12:08 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 07-03-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Mikey - 06-29-2018, 03:14 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by imtheblkranger - 06-29-2018, 04:25 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Dimson - 02-15-2019, 05:20 PM