Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Questions Re: Beating Video Games

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2018, 06:53 AM by Bullseye.)

(07-19-2018, 01:38 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 10:22 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Man I suck at Madden. All Pro at the highest, I get my [BLEEP] handed to me on All Madden. 

....but that's bc the game cheats.

Yeah... well.. cheats is a strong word... but the AI difference from all pro to all madden is crazy.

If I play a whole season on All Madden I usually end up with about 10 wins.
On all pro I can usually complete a perfect season (usually)

(07-13-2018, 10:44 AM)Bullseye Wrote: One thing I realized about playing Madden is that when in Franchise mode, you have to switch playbooks every 3 or 4 games, otherwise the computer will adjust to your play calling, and you will end up with those games where they stop all of your runs and jump all of your routes.

I try to approach the schedule like NFL teams do.  In the preseason, I use just Balanced offense and 4-3 defense for weeks 1, 2 and 4.  In week 3, I use the main playbook to "reacquaint" myself with it.

Then in the regular season, I play mostly with the Jaguars playbooks on offense and defense.  When I switch up, I try to use playbooks of teams that are similar in approach to the Jaguars, but have minor differences that will impact playcalling.  Like the Chargers,  Falcons and Seahawks run similar defensive schemes to us in real life.  I will switch and use one of their defensive playbooks.  Offensively, since Marrone was under Payton in New Orleans, sometimes I will use their offense.

Honestly, I've never thought about switching up playbooks mid season....
It's so simple, yet brilliant.
I have had some of my best overall games when I have switched playbooks.

Just do it often enough to throw off the computer who tries to play against your tendencies.

Oh yeah...I also will use Seattle's offensive playbook.

Thinking about it, one of the things I miss is playing against the Colts with Peyton Manning.

I would switch the defensive playbook to Cover 2.

He would audible so much, and I would audible in response.

I enjoyed seeing if I could outsmart him, even if it was only in Madden.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Bullseye - 06-13-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-22-2018, 09:45 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 07-06-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Mikey - 07-10-2018, 08:40 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-13-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-19-2018, 01:38 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Bullseye - 07-19-2018, 07:58 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM