Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The ‘420 Bill’

The ‘420 Bill’ to Federally Legalize Marijuana Has Officially Been Introduced

A federal bill that would legalize cannabis and regulate it like alcohol was introduced in the Senate on Friday by Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon. The bill, the Marijuana Revenue and Regulation Act, has been designated as S. 420 by Wyden and is a companion measure to H.R. 420, which was introduced in the House of Representatives by fellow Oregon Democrat Rep. Earl Blumenauer last month.

https://hightimes.com/news/420-bill-fede...fOD7lkvILM
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good, let's get that vice tax money rolling in!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-13-2019, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Good, let's get that vice tax money rolling in!

I agree 110%. People are doing it anyway. We might as well get some tax money for it.

(02-13-2019, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Good, let's get that vice tax money rolling in!

You mean you don't plan on growing your own?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-13-2019, 07:24 PM)copycat Wrote:

You mean you don't plan on growing your own?

I don't use but might get into supply.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-13-2019, 07:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 07:24 PM)copycat Wrote: You mean you don't plan on growing your own?

I don't use but might get into supply.

Me either but once it's legal, I'm gonna go back to my roots and start farming again.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-13-2019, 04:33 PM)The Drifter Wrote: The ‘420 Bill’ to Federally Legalize Marijuana Has Officially Been Introduced

A federal bill that would legalize cannabis and regulate it like alcohol was introduced in the Senate on Friday by Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon. The bill, the Marijuana Revenue and Regulation Act, has been designated as S. 420 by Wyden and is a companion measure to H.R. 420, which was introduced in the House of Representatives by fellow Oregon Democrat Rep. Earl Blumenauer last month.

Marijuana shouldn't have been criminalized in the first place.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 01:36 PM by Kane.)

(02-14-2019, 10:19 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 04:33 PM)The Drifter Wrote: The ‘420 Bill’ to Federally Legalize Marijuana Has Officially Been Introduced

Marijuana shouldn't have been criminalized in the first place.

Agreed...depending on which angle you go from the textile industry or the racist against Mexicans theory, there was never a good reason to criminalize marijuana.
And I find it hilarious that it is still a schedule I drug after all this time. 

At worst it should be Schedule III
Really it should be V....

The question now becomes... will they bring it to a vote?
And if so... does it pass a Democrat led House AND a Republican led Senate?

So doubtful.... but they did get criminal reform done rather easily.... and they passed the tax law (although one could argue about how good of a deal that was on both sides really)

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2019, 07:43 PM by Caldrac.)

Careful what you ask for. I have nothing against it at all. I think it would be a nice revenue stream state-by-state. However, be careful what you ask for.

Once it becomes federally legalized the Government can start monopolizing it and dictating the terms state-by-state. You can have marijuana in your state.... but...BUT.. it'll only be allowed to be grown, produced and sold by X, Y & Z. And normally that X, Y & Z are companies owned by heavy lobbyists and investors.

Won't be too long after it's been federally legalized that you start seeing Monsanto type corporations buying up, drying up and [BLEEP] up the strains and markets for everybody else.

I love the idea of being able to grow it at home. Right in your backyard, etc. But I don't think it'll be as simple as that. It never is.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-21-2019, 07:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Careful what you ask for. I have nothing against it at all. I think it would be a nice revenue stream state-by-state. However, be careful what you ask for.

Once it becomes federally legalized the Government can start monopolizing it and dictating the terms state-by-state. You can have marijuana in your state.... but...BUT.. it'll only be allowed to be grown, produced and sold by X, Y & Z. And normally that X, Y & Z are companies owned by heavy lobbyists and investors.

Won't be too long after it's been federally legalized that you start seeing Monsanto type corporations buying up, drying up and [BLEEP] up the strains and markets for everybody else.

I love the idea of being able to grow it at home. Right in your backyard, etc. But I don't think it'll be as simple as that. It never is.

Colorado managed to keep that from happening. Last time I was out that way, dispensaries still either grew their own or had a co-op with others nearby. The edibles were still made elsewhere, and lemme tell you, if you've never had a couple of gummy worms chased with a sour apple hard candy and a side of MY HAND IS SO BIG, you've never experienced the glory of edibles.

(02-21-2019, 08:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 07:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Careful what you ask for. I have nothing against it at all. I think it would be a nice revenue stream state-by-state. However, be careful what you ask for.

Colorado managed to keep that from happening. Last time I was out that way, dispensaries still either grew their own or had a co-op with others nearby. The edibles were still made elsewhere, and lemme tell you, if you've never had a couple of gummy worms chased with a sour apple hard candy and a side of MY HAND IS SO BIG, you've never experienced the glory of edibles.
I have been through the Colorado area. And I found out all about that. Hiking while ripped off my [BLEEP] for a day was rewarding. The Flatirons are great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-21-2019, 08:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 08:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: Colorado managed to keep that from happening. Last time I was out that way, dispensaries still either grew their own or had a co-op with others nearby. The edibles were still made elsewhere, and lemme tell you, if you've never had a couple of gummy worms chased with a sour apple hard candy and a side of MY HAND IS SO BIG, you've never experienced the glory of edibles.
I have been through the Colorado area. And I found out all about that. Hiking while ripped off my [BLEEP] for a day was rewarding. The Flatirons are great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What I loved most about those candies is that they take forever to wear off. Like, I was getting high at 9:00 PM Saturday night, and the next day my wife and I would head to the grocery store about noon and I would still be walking around high as a kite.

(02-21-2019, 08:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: Colorado managed to keep that from happening. Last time I was out that way, dispensaries still either grew their own or had a co-op with others nearby. The edibles were still made elsewhere, and lemme tell you, if you've never had a couple of gummy worms chased with a sour apple hard candy and a side of MY HAND IS SO BIG, you've never experienced the glory of edibles.

I know someone that asked another someone (I know) if they had some extra edibles to spare because they were serving on a multi-day jury, and was afraid of getting caught using the norm. ... Is that dedication, or what?