Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QBs After the first three days

How would you rate the division's starting QBs now?

My rankings:

1.  Andrew Luck, Indy-Big, strong, accurate arm, good mobility, gets rid of the ball fast now that Reich has coached him up.

2.  Nick Foles, Jaguars-A little older but still very much in his prime.  He has something no other QB in the division can claim:  a Super Bowl ring.  A good, not great arm.  Accurate passer and by most accounts a good leader.

3.  DeShaun Watson, Texans-Young, mobile, attacks deep aggressively and accurately.  An exciting player who could easily ascend to the top of this list with a competent OL.

4.  Marcus Mariota, tacks-Has just about all the tools you would want in a passer, but for whatever reason, has never put it all together.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Luck
Watson

Foles
Mariota

(03-15-2019, 03:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Luck
Watson

Foles
Mariota

.....Do you put Tannehill just above or just below Mariota?
Laughing

(03-15-2019, 04:42 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 03:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Luck
Watson

Foles
Mariota

.....Do you put Tannehill just above or just below Mariota?
Laughing

lmao, all 3 on the same tier atm although Mary Otter still has upside if he can get out of his funk.

Foles has played far better in the playoffs than any of them. Let's hope it continues in the regular season.

At least the days of having a Hall of famer in the division are long behind us

(03-15-2019, 06:27 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Foles has played far better in the playoffs than any of them. Let's hope it continues in the regular season.

At least the days of having a Hall of famer in the division are long behind us

There's definitely a HOFer playing QB in this division, we just don't know who'll it'll be right now.. that story is still being written.

Luck

Watson
Foles

Tannehill

Mariota
Tanner Lee

(03-19-2019, 09:55 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Luck

Watson
Foles

Tannehill

Mariota
Tanner Lee

Put Brissett ahead of Tannehill. Does HOU have a backup? It's not TJ Yates still, is it?

Luck

Foles
Watson

Mariota

1. Luck
2. Foles
3. Watson
4. Tannehill
5. Mariota

The Beast is in our division now...be scared !

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1108175479532670976

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 12:43 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(03-20-2019, 04:23 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: The Beast is in our division now...be scared !

I like the signing.. sure as hell beats Brandon Weeden.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 01:05 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(03-19-2019, 11:22 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 09:55 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Luck

Watson
Foles

Tannehill

Mariota
Tanner Lee

Put Brissett ahead of Tannehill. Does HOU have a backup? It's not TJ Yates still, is it?

T.J. hasn't been the backup for a few seasons now.. however this offseason he decided to transition from player to coach and the Texans hired him as a offensive assistant. We'll see what becomes of it.. backup QBs do tend to make decent coaches.

Luck/Watson

Foles
Tannehill
Mariota

AJ

(03-20-2019, 12:37 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 04:23 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: The Beast is in our division now...be scared !

I like the signing.. sure as hell beats Brandon Weeden.

What the hell were the Browns thinking when they drafted him in the first round, anyhow?

(03-21-2019, 11:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 12:37 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: I like the signing.. sure as hell beats Brandon Weeden.

What the hell were the Browns thinking when they drafted him in the first round, anyhow?

Browns and thinking were rarely linked...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Good question.

I'm keen to put Luck over Watson, but man, the young gun has some upside.

Luck
Watson
Foles
Mariota

For backups:

Tannehill
Brissett
McCarron
Lee

I think the backups will be in play this season. I've put the over/under of Foles' games played at 9. It's probable 2 starters won't finish the season, possible that none of them do.

(03-22-2019, 03:51 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Good question.

I'm keen to put Luck over Watson, but man, the young gun has some upside.

Luck
Watson
Foles
Mariota

For backups:

Tannehill
Brissett
McCarron
Lee

I think the backups will be in play this season.  I've put the over/under of Foles' games played at 9.  It's probable 2 starters won't finish the season, possible that none of them do.
Are you saying we need some help on the oline? Lol.  When we get Hockenson and McGary we will be good

(03-22-2019, 04:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Are you saying we need some help on the oline? Lol.  When we get Hockenson and McGary we will be good

I'm saying that Foles isn't the most mobile QB to begin with, regardless of our line.  I actually think our line will probably be OK, or at least, comparable to our division rivals.

I'm also saying that our division has some really good defenses that are going to get to the QB on a regular basis.  Luck, Watson and Mariota have a tendency to take off running and don't always slide in time.  Foles, to his credit, can uncork a last minute pass with the best of them.  That leads to getting plowed while he's in his throwing motion.

If I'm not mistaken, none of the AFC South's QB's started from start to end last year.  Maybe Luck.  And Bortles was yanked for, er, different reasons.

As for draft day, you can never go wrong with great linemen, including TEs.

(03-21-2019, 01:26 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 11:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: What the hell were the Browns thinking when they drafted him in the first round, anyhow?

Browns and thinking were rarely linked...

Good point.

That was the same organization that took the recommendation of a homeless guy in taking Manziel.