Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your Absolute "Must Have" Players - 2020 NFL Draft

Having ran through several mock drafts and scouting websites. Having watched a few games and highlights this year.

Let's hear it. Who are your absolute "must have" players going into next year's draft for this football team? [Or, your team, if you're the enemy].

You can keep it by round related on a realistic level. Or keep it however you feel. I try to be realistic and look at players everywhere. Have landed a few guesses before in the past. Austen Lane & Josh Oliver to name a few.

For me:

OL: Andrew Thomas & Tyler Biadasz
RB: Michael Warren II & Najee Harris
WR: Michael Pittman Jr. & Denzel Mims
TE: Jared Rice & Harrison Bryant

DL: Derrick Brown & Darrell Taylor
LB: Malik Harrison & Carter Coughlin
CB: Cameron Dantzler & Jaylon Johnson
S: Shyheim Carter & J.R Reed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

QB- Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa (if he clears health check)
RB- Chuba Hubbard, Zack Moss
OT- Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Trey Adams
OG/C- Tyler Biadasz, Creed Humphrey, John Simpson, Solomon Kindley, Robert Hunt
WR- CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, DeVonta Smith, Henry Ruggs
TE- Pat Freiermuth, Brycen Hopkins, Harrison Bryant

DE- No Need,
DT- Derrick Brown or bust
ILB- Kenneth Murray, Malik Harrison, Evan Weaver, Joe Bachie, Logan Wilson
OLB- Isaiah Simmons, Cam Brown, Kamal Martin
S- Grant Delpit, Jordan Fuller
CB- Jeff Okudah, Kristian Fulton, Palson Adebo, Jaylon Johnson, Lamar Jackson, Michael Ojemudia

For us? Derrick Brown is the only must get guy imo. That guy will complete our dline for many years.

I happen to believe in Gardner as our QB of the future.

Imagine if he were a 1st round QB... the offense would have been tailored to him, plays created to play to his strengths. I mean, hell, look at the 1st rounders this year - they're not as good and their teams actually made offenses for them.

He was a 6th rounder thrown in the fire with no preparation and broke rookie records.

(12-02-2019, 10:10 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I happen to believe in Gardner as our QB of the future.

Imagine if he were a 1st round QB... the offense would have been tailored to him, plays created to play to his strengths. I mean, hell, look at the 1st rounders this year - they're not as good and their teams actually made offenses for them.

He was a 6th rounder thrown in the fire with no preparation and broke rookie records.

Agree I hope our new coach at GM look to build around Minshew

(12-02-2019, 10:10 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I happen to believe in Gardner as our QB of the future.

I'm not sold on him. He showed real flaws in his last couple of starts, but I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude unless by some miracle, Burrow falls to us or Tua proves to pass a health check and falls in our laps.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 11:07 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(12-02-2019, 11:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I'm not sold on him. He showed real flaws in his last couple of starts, but I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude unless by some miracle, Burrow falls to us or Tua proves to pass a health check and falls in our laps.

I don't even know how to respond to this.

Dwayne Haskins, Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones have shown way more flaws... do they need to be straight up cut today? Or is it just easier to throw Gardner away because he was taken in the 6th.

I know you said you'll take a wait and see approach... yes... because those three I mentioned will get a minimum of 2 full seasons to show if they have "it"

(12-02-2019, 11:05 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 11:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not sold on him. He showed real flaws in his last couple of starts, but I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude unless by some miracle, Burrow falls to us or Tua proves to pass a health check and falls in our laps.

I don't even know how to respond to this.

Dwayne Haskins, Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones have shown way more flaws... do they need to be straight up cut today? Or is it just easier to throw Gardner away because he was taken in the 6th.

I know you said you'll take a wait and see approach... yes... because those three I mentioned will get a minimum of 2 full seasons to show if they have "it"

Are you saying that you can't see Minshew holds the ball way too long? That is a fact and it is a major flaw. You just can't do that in the NFL. It's all about quick decision making and having the confidence to make the throws. I already said, I'm willing to take a wait and see approach with him. The odds of getting a QB like Burrow are astronomical and even if we drafted Tua, he'd likely sit all of 2020 due to the injury. Minshew would have most of, if not all of 2020 to improve and correct the flaws. What else do you want? I'm looking at the kid realistically. He's not perfect. A lot of you are so desperate for a franchise QB, you are making him into the 2nd coming of Brett Favre. He is not a sure-thing and Foles is a disaster.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 11:52 AM by Caldrac.)

I wouldn't take a QB in RD1 until I know for a fact that this offensive line can protect one. . .

Tua is a hard pass. He's Mr. Glass. He'll be lucky to make it past year three in the NFL.

Regarding Minshew holding onto it too long? Sure. At times he's waiting, wishing and hoping back there. A lot of QBs do this though.

He had some quick throws yesterday in a pinch. I think if they were smart. You fix your offensive line in 2020. You give Minshew a full season to prove it. If he flops?

You have yet another pair of first round picks in 2021 to get your QB. Could be looking at Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields or yet another fast riser like Joe Burrow who came out of nowhere this year. Which is true. Joe was just a guy for the Tigers last year.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-02-2019, 11:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I wouldn't take a QB in RD1 until I know for a fact that this offensive line can protect one. . .

Tua is a hard pass. He's Mr. Glass. He'll be lucky to make it past year three in the NFL.

Regarding Minshew holding onto it too long? Sure. At times he's waiting, wishing and hoping back there. A lot of QBs do this though.

He had some quick throws yesterday in a pinch. I think if they were smart. You fix your offensive line in 2020. You give Minshew a full season to prove it. If he flops?

You have yet another pair of first round picks in 2021 to get your QB. Could be looking at Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields or yet another fast riser like Joe Burrow who came out of nowhere this year. Which is true. Joe was just a guy for the Tigers last year.

Not good NFL starters. I'm not saying he can't fix this, but it is something he definitely MUST correct. 

I agree whole-heartedly about fixing the O-Line. That has to be done. 

I'm not as high on the 2021 QB class as most. Trevor Lawrence has a lot of work to do IMO and although Fields throws a pretty good deep ball, he is wildly inaccurate on his short passes for some reason. They go sailing over the heads of his pass catchers, he throws behind them or he leads them too far. It's just bizarre how much more accurate he is on deeper throws than he is on shorter passes. Jacob Eason holds the ball way too long as well and can't read pressure. He would rather take a sack than throwing the ball away and that drives me crazy. I'm hoping someone else from that class emerges. Maybe someone like Brock Purdy, Sam Ehlinger or Tanner Morgan. The one guy I have been especially intrigued by is USC freshman Kedon Slovis. That kid has a bright future.

Tua is good when he has time. If he get pressured he isnt good at all. In the NFL he will be under pressure much more than he was on college. Minshew is miles better under pressure than Tua is and it's not even close

(12-02-2019, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tua is good when he has time.  If he get pressured he isnt good at all.  In the NFL he will be under pressure much more than he was on college. Minshew is miles better under pressure than Tua is and it's not even close

That's your opinion. I have mine.

Trenches.

Just get better up front on offense and find a run stuffer at NT.

I haven't narrowed down the exact guys, but most of the obvious choices are already listed it would appear.
(Wirfs, Biadasz, Brown all keep coming up in my light research)

I'd also love to see a smarter, more instinctive Mike LB added via draft or FA.

(12-02-2019, 12:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Trenches.

I haven't narrowed down the exact guys, but most of the obvious choices are already listed it would appear.

I'd also love to see an smarter, more instinctive Mike LB added via draft or FA.

Amen.

(12-02-2019, 12:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tua is good when he has time.  If he get pressured he isnt good at all.  In the NFL he will be under pressure much more than he was on college. Minshew is miles better under pressure than Tua is and it's not even close

That's your opinion. I have mine.

So you think hes good under pressure?  Or even close to Minshew in that aspect?

(12-02-2019, 12:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 12:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's your opinion. I have mine.

So you think hes good under pressure?  Or even close to Minshew in that aspect?

I think he's o.k., he needs to work on it, as every young QB does, but he's definitely better than Minshew. The only thing that really scares me about Tua is his injury history. I think the kid is extremely talented, but can't stay healthy.

(12-02-2019, 12:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Trenches.

I'd also love to see an smarter, more instinctive Mike LB added via draft or FA.

If Dave is let go, you are already a frontrunner to replace him based on this post alone.

Congratudolences.

Everyone saying OT in the 1st, are we straight up giving up on Cam or Taylor? I don't think i've ver heard of him being moved inside being discussed or him playing inside

Rd. 1:  Derrick Brown, Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs and Jeff Okudah (in that order)

Rd. 1, pick 2: Tyler Biadasz, Isaiah Simmons

Rd. 2: Creed Humphrey, Cameron Dantzler

Rd. 3: K.J. Hamler, Brycen Hopkins, Hunter Bryant, Jaylon Johnson

Delpit and Okudah please

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]