Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Roster Cut Deadline and Tracking 8/31

Here's a thread to track the roster cuts from around the league and discuss notable free agents if they are made available.

https://www.nfl.com/news/player-cuts-tra...021-season

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dolphins cut 5th year C Matt Skura who was projected to start this year.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-releas...matt-skura
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

T Tyrell Crosby
OL Forrest Lamp
RB Duke Johnson
ILB Benardrick McKinney
TE Troy Fumigali
TE Kahale Warring
CB Lafayette Pitts
WR Antonio Callaway

Are all among my wish list.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see the team kick the tires on Noah Spence or ross Piersbacher.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2021, 03:07 AM by TLawIsEnforced.)

Oh my huge and unexpected cut!(Insert Name Here)!!! Jaguars better claim(Insert Name Here)!!! Also what are they thinking, Jaguars Front Office, cutting(Insert Name Here)!!!

TLawIsEnforcedOh my huge and unexpected cut!(Insert Name Here)!!! Jaguars better claim(Insert Name Here)!!! Also what are they thinking, Jaguars Front Office, cutting(Insert Name Here)!!!

So what are you saying?  That the Jaguars shouldn't participate in getting waiver wire talent. that the Jaguars or other teams don't make mistakes in cuts, or that fans shouldn't comment on the waiver wire prociess?

(08-31-2021, 07:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: TLawIsEnforcedOh my huge and unexpected cut!(Insert Name Here)!!! Jaguars better claim(Insert Name Here)!!! Also what are they thinking, Jaguars Front Office, cutting(Insert Name Here)!!!

So what are you saying?  That the Jaguars shouldn't participate in getting waiver wire talent. that the Jaguars or other teams don't make mistakes in cuts, or that fans shouldn't comment on the waiver wire prociess?

I think he's just offering a convenient template for our complaints, which are pretty predictable.  I thought it was funny.

(08-31-2021, 08:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 07:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: TLawIsEnforcedOh my huge and unexpected cut!(Insert Name Here)!!! Jaguars better claim(Insert Name Here)!!! Also what are they thinking, Jaguars Front Office, cutting(Insert Name Here)!!!

I think he's just offering a convenient template for our complaints, which are pretty predictable.  I thought it was funny.

Agreed with your conclusions, but his post raises questions too.

Maybe I should not comment on the waiver process.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2021, 10:17 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Patriots Cut Cam Newton
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ck-battle/

NFC South Notables:
Dovanta Freeman out in New Orleans
Will Grier cut from Carolina
Jaydon Mickens done in Tampa
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2021, 01:12 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-31-2021, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: NFC South Notables:

I'd take a look at Mickens (damn autocorrect).

Desmond Trufant could be an intriguing pickup.

(08-31-2021, 11:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: NFC South Notables:

I'd take a look at Mickens (damn autocorrect).

We already had a look at him for 2 years.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(08-31-2021, 03:48 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 11:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I'd take a look at Mickens (damn autocorrect).

We already had a look at him for 2 years.

D'oh!

For some reason, I was thinking about the guy Tampa drafted this year.

(08-30-2021, 09:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: T Tyrell Crosby
OL Forrest Lamp
RB Duke Johnson
ILB Benardrick McKinney
TE Troy Fumigali
TE Kahale Warring
CB Lafayette Pitts
WR Antonio Callaway

Are all among my wish list.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see the team kick the tires on Noah Spence or ross Piersbacher.

The key question with Tyrell Crosby is when will he be recovered from the Hamstring Injury that led to him missing most of training camp, the first 2 pre-season games, and him struggling mightily in his limited action vs. the Colts last Friday Night?  To the point that Crosby is listed on the Lions Transactions as Injured Waived.

Last season, Tyrell Crosby made major strides to the extent that he more than held his own as a starting RT in most games, expect when the opposition had a huge 4th QTR lead ( with them in pass rush mode down after down ).

An added benefit with Crosby is he's a team player and a good person.  I certainly wish him well.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1...69313?s=20

The most likely outcome is when Tyrell Crosby is relatively healthy, the Lions and Crosby will reach an injury settlement. I can envision the Jaguars signing him at that point because of the Darrell Bevell connection.

(09-01-2021, 01:26 PM)D6 Wrote: https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1...69313?s=20

The most likely outcome is when Tyrell Crosby is relatively healthy, the Lions and Crosby will reach an injury settlement. I can envision the Jaguars signing him at that point because of the Darrell Bevell connection.

I hope you are right.

What kind of injury does he have?

(09-01-2021, 12:33 PM)D6 Wrote: The key question with Tyrell Crosby is when will he be recovered from the Hamstring Injury that led to him missing most of training camp, the first 2 pre-season games, and him struggling mightily in his limited action vs. the Colts last Friday Night?  To the point that Crosby is listed on the Lions Transactions as Injured Waived.

Last season, Tyrell Crosby made major strides to the extent that he more than held his own as a starting RT in most games, expect when the opposition had a huge 4th QTR lead ( with them in pass rush mode down after down ).

An added benefit with Crosby is he's a team player and a good person.  I certainly wish him well.

(09-01-2021, 08:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 01:26 PM)D6 Wrote: https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1...69313?s=20

I hope you are right.

What kind of injury does he have?

not trying to be snarky at all, but D6 did mention a hammy in previous post. Seeing this thread got me thinking about Don Carey. I love that my brain can remember a silly detail like his story, but someone asked me yesterday what grade my son was in, and my brain came up with something along the lines of "purple!"

Released by the Dolphins to get down to 53, Benardrick McKinney is an available linebacker that, in my opinion, would be an upgrade over Russell and Allen. He's good sized at 6'4" 257, 28 years young, ran a 4.66 40 at the 2015 combine, was a 2016 2nd team all-pro, and a 2018 pro bowler. He was a 2nd round draft pick by the Texans and played with them for 6 seasons. In 2018, Houston signed him to a large 2nd contract at 5 years $50m. Houston traded him to the Dolphins for an edge rusher, Shaq Lawson, in March of this year. He's currently a free agent. Reportedly, Washington and the NY Jets are talking with him and showing interest.

Let’s get the legend Forrest Lamp

(09-05-2021, 03:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Let’s get the legend Forrest Lamp

Let's not. Apparently, many, many people on this board were wrong about how good this guy was gonna be. That definitely includes myself. It's not the first time I was wrong and certainly won't be the last.