Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler Hurt at Rookie Camp - Torn ACL

Not knowing much about the ACL injury, is it probable that it was torn partially and just waiting to snap? Would he of known it if it was already partially torn? I mean if not then was it inevitably going to happen with the next few plant or steps or just wrong place wrong time wrong plant and that's it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It is not a ridiculous notion to think that it would be wise to seriously limit the amount of physical activities during those sessions, especially on the rookies. let me explain why. Those guys have been in a whirlwind since the end of their respective seasons, they have not been eating correctly, sleeping correctly, hydrating correctly, working out regularly or much of anything that high level athletes need to be doing. That may or may not have anything to do with the injury but it certainly did not help..

On a side note. FBT, IMO, for what it's worth you are acting like a [BLEEP] with all your personal attacks and jabs.

I realize that these guys are young men fresh out of college, but do you really think that someone even at their level/knowledge doesn't eat properly, sleep properly, etc.?  Pretty much all of the athletes that I know, both professional as well as recreational are pretty set in their ways regarding rest, nutrition and exercise.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Not knowing much about the ACL injury, is it probable that it was torn partially and just waiting to snap? Would he of known it if it was already partially torn? I mean if not then was it inevitably going to happen with the next few plant or steps or just wrong place wrong time wrong plant and that's it?
If he had a partially torn ACL, he would've known it.

Quote:I realize that these guys are young men fresh out of college, but do you really think that someone even at their level/knowledge doesn't eat properly, sleep properly, etc.?  Pretty much all of the athletes that I know, both professional as well as recreational are pretty set in their ways regarding rest, nutrition and exercise.
I believe that they absolutely know and try their best to keep to their routine but that time span in their life is like nothing they have dealt with before.  I would suppose the demands on their time and scheduling of different events and meetings simply make it impossible for them to keep their normal routine.

Quote:Not knowing much about the ACL injury, is it probable that it was torn partially and just waiting to snap? Would he of known it if it was already partially torn? I mean if not then was it inevitably going to happen with the next few plant or steps or just wrong place wrong time wrong plant and that's it?
It would have been discovered when he was here for a visit, or at the very least when he was at the combine.  They check these guys from head to toe. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

On the bright side at least we lost Fowler Jr this season due to injury and not an off field incident like Blackmon.

Quote:On the bright side at least we lost Fowler Jr this season due to injury and not an off field incident like Blackmon.
And we won't be left wondering for the next 12+ months when or IF he'll come back.

Every year someone goes down on some team with a knee. I don't know about limiting drills, I get Badger''s point, if he means to gradually increase the speed, almost like a race car you don't take a car on the track and take it up to 190, it's gradually built up. Now that is obviously not a great analogy, but like sprinters doing stretches and warm ups before a race, camps should probably increase in intensity. If Fowler was going 100% in his first hour, that's really on Fowler.

It is interesting that all players wear helmets, but it's always the random knee that's a season ending camp injury. Why not have everyone in light knee braces to prevent a random step in a mole hole turning a knee out? Not the full metal slab type, but the light ones could be standard protection just like a helmet is to prevent a fluke knee injury. Just a wishful thought in hindsight.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2015, 08:22 PM by BritJag.)

Quote:And we won't be left wondering for the next 12+ months when or IF he'll come back.

Took a jab at Mark Long, taking it back.  He's a hard worker.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:We should all just run to the Wells Fargo tower and leap because clearly his career is over.

This board is loaded with drama  queens.

If it's an ACL, so be it.  If it's just a typical knee sprain, which would look very much the same as what I saw in the video, he's got plenty of time to recover before training camp.   Either way, we should panic like the world is coming to an end while we don't know anything.  That seems to be the most logical approach. 

I'm having a good chuckle about the folks wanting to trade Branch because we've got this mythical log jam at LEO.  It's precisely this type of thing that can happen that suddenly clears that log jam.
Lol

Almost the exact same thing with regards to Ramsey.

Quote:I'm simply making a point that there are those out there who are looking for any way possible to water down football for fear of injury. Badger's rhetoric about the need for these practices fits right in line with a certain sect in our society today who are hypersensitive to injury. Injuries are a fact of life in the NFL, and while what happened to Fowler sucks, when it happened, or how it happened is completely irrelevant. Especially since this was a non-contact drill where the number of players on the field had nothing to do with the injury, yet badger would suggest otherwise.

Why?

Because he wants a kinder, gentler NFL. He wants the players treated like they're some fragile piece of glass that should only be admired from the sideline and not in action.

Sorry, Brit, but we've all seen how dramatically they've cut back on the number of practices and the physicality of the practices they are allowed to have. Every minute these guys can get on the field and work with the coaches is critical, especially for rookies and players who are new to the system.

Haha what an idiot. He was so adamant that Gus wouldn't tone down practices. What did Gus do this year? Tone down practices. Kind of off topic but it's always funny seeing how consistently wrong this clown is.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Thanks for bumping this and making me initially think Fowler retore his ACL and dear god man it's been year since FBT posted that. Let it go bro.. Let it go.

Quote:He wasn't good anyway. Won't cry over something you never had in the 1st place.

Lol

Quote:Thanks for bumping this and making me initially think Fowler retore his ACL and dear god man it's been year since FBT posted that. Let it go bro.. Let it go.
People don't forget!

Quote:Haha what an idiot. He was so adamant that Gus wouldn't tone down practices. What did Gus do this year? Tone down practices. Kind of off topic but it's always funny seeing how consistently wrong this clown is.

The Jaguars went out of their way to try to prevent it (at least that it how it was pitched) by not allowing the rookies on the field in pre rookie time, but it didn't prevent Jalen Ramsey from having another knee injury... so.. I guess you coach the way you feel you need to win, and if injuries happen.. well you cant really prevent that... (or can you, meaning was it the drill itself.. or the field... or the physical trainers.. it does seem odd that two first round picks get knee injuries when they haven't even signed their contract yet)... just saying