Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LeBron James is the all time leader in playoff points

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2017, 11:44 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Except for the fact that Lebrons career isn't over.....
You don't say? Entirety to it's point. I did not think that would need clarification for James's career.....

And I will add, Jordan, 6 Titles in 13 seasons. Lebron, half as many Titles in 14.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You don't say? Entirety to it's point. I did not think that would need clarification for James's career.....

And I will add, Jordan, 6 Titles in 13 seasons. Lebron, half as many Titles in 14.

Meh. The first half of lebron's career was wasted on a pitifully bad Cavs team.

Quote:Meh. The first half of lebron's career was wasted on a pitifully bad Cavs team.

The best part of Jordan's career was wasted because the commissioner was going to suspend him for stupid reasons so he ran off to play baseball.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:The best part of Jordan's career was wasted because the commissioner was going to suspend him for stupid reasons so he ran off to play baseball.

Yawn. I hope your wife doesn't mind you think about Jordan when you guys make love.

Quote:Meh. The first half of lebron's career was wasted on a pitifully bad Cavs team.
So he jumped shipped to two superstars to win his first couple of titles. Perfect. 

;

I think the biggest argument here against LeBron is his level of competition. Lebron is clearly the best player in the NBA right now. Nobody can match him.

...so how does he score 11 points in a playoff game? How does he flop like a light wind can knock him over? Why doesn't he take over games and dominate his competition consistently?

Jordan was on the court with some all-time greats--Malone and Stockton on the Jazz, Ewing, Magic, Barkley, Bird...the NBA was far more talented overall during his career. Now, it's two teams that have a shot. That's it. Then, there were at least 8 extremely strong teams.

And Jordan consistently rose to the occassion to do what he had to to win. Lebron will NEVER be in the same leaguebas Jordan, and it's only people who never saw Jordan play who will think so.

Quote:I think the biggest argument here against LeBron is his level of competition. Lebron is clearly the best player in the NBA right now. Nobody can match him.

...so how does he score 11 points in a playoff game? How does he flop like a light wind can knock him over? Why doesn't he take over games and dominate his competition consistently?

Jordan was on the court with some all-time greats--Malone and Stockton on the Jazz, Ewing, Magic, Barkley, Bird...the NBA was far more talented overall during his career. Now, it's two teams that have a shot. That's it. Then, there were at least 8 extremely strong teams.

And Jordan consistently rose to the occassion to do what he had to to win. Lebron will NEVER be in the same leaguebas Jordan, and it's only people who never saw Jordan play who will think so.

/thread

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

If I could only have one, I'd choose Irving over James.

That wouldn't even be a discussion with Jordan, even with as much people credit Pippen for being such a key teammate and underappreciated player.

Irving and Jordan come in like warriors (no pun intended) every single time.

The closest thing to Jordan since Jordan was Kobe (it pains me to say that because I'm not a Kobe fan,) and he didn't reach Jordan heights, either.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I think the biggest argument here against LeBron is his level of competition. Lebron is clearly the best player in the NBA right now. Nobody can match him.

The competition level and the way that the game was played. So much more physical in the Jordan era. Not to mention you could play zone and man. Predictable in today's game which is a big helping factor. You more or less know what you are getting every night.

;

Quote:So he jumped shipped to two superstars to win his first couple of titles. Perfect. 

The jumped ship again to join with... two superstars.

Go Jags!

Lebron needs to catch Kobe first.  If he pulls wins the championship this year ill put him on Kobe's level

<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]

Quote:The competition level and the way that the game was played. So much more physical in the Jordan era. Not to mention you could play zone and man. Predictable in today's game which is a big helping factor. You more or less know what you are getting every night.

Seriously! I watched so many guys take a Malone elbow to the face with no call!

7 turnovers in the first half... 

for comparison sake 1 time Jordan had 8 turnovers in a game in the post season. 4 times in the playoffs he had 7 turnovers.

in the last 3 years Lebron has 4 7 turnover games and 2 8 turnover games, it gets uglier if you include his entire career multiple 10 turnover games.

Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2017, 03:40 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:So he jumped shipped to two superstars to win his first couple of titles. Perfect. 

To play on with teammates on par to who Jordan had the privilege of playing with. So what? I can't take anyone serious who faults LeBron for getting out of that mess in Cleveland.

Quote:The competition level and the way that the game was played. So much more physical in the Jordan era. Not to mention you could play zone and man. Predictable in today's game which is a big helping factor. You more or less know what you are getting every night.

Wait, what? Zones (or illegal defense, rather) were banned in 1947 and then re-introduced in 2001/2002. Zone defense isn't illegal anymore but it was in the 90s.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2017, 03:40 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Lebron needs to catch Kobe first.  If he pulls wins the championship this year ill put him on Kobe's level

LeBron > Kobe. Saying otherwise just shows you aren't willing to give LeBron a fair shake.

Quote:7 turnovers in the first half... 

for comparison sake 1 time Jordan had 8 turnovers in a game in the post season. 4 times in the playoffs he had 7 turnovers.

in the last 3 years Lebron has 4 7 turnover games and 2 8 turnover games, it gets uglier if you include his entire career multiple 10 turnover games.

Your obsession is pretty weird, man. Take a vacation or something.

That 28 points in the first finals game, though. Superstar!

LeBron < Kobe < Shaq (yeah I said it) < Jordan

His obsession?  If his obsession is schooling you in this argument, then yes its extremely weird.

You have a slanted ranking on page 1, he counters, and because its not your opinion you want to say he can't have an unbiased argument.   He has countered everything you said and he's right.  It may be opinion in some cases, but he's right.

"I want to be like Mike" was a slogan that everyone fell in love with.  Lebron couldn't pull off anything like that because he isn't beloved like Jordan was.  Teams would go play the Bulls and want to watch Jordan but never really hated him because of his greatness.  That respect isn't there for Lebron.

Quote:That 28 points in the first finals game, though. Superstar!

LeBron < Kobe < Shaq (yeah I said it) < Jordan

28 points, 15 rebounds, 8 assists?