Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LeBron James is the all time leader in playoff points

Quote:His obsession?  If his obsession is schooling you in this argument, then yes its extremely weird.

You have a slanted ranking on page 1, he counters, and because its not your opinion you want to say he can't have an unbiased argument.   He has countered everything you said and he's right.  It may be opinion in some cases, but he's right.

"I want to be like Mike" was a slogan that everyone fell in love with.  Lebron couldn't pull off anything like that because he isn't beloved like Jordan was.  Teams would go play the Bulls and want to watch Jordan but never really hated him because of his greatness.  That respect isn't there for Lebron.

This debate gets boring when people don't give LeBron a fair shake. Jordan is elite and LeBron is elite. They are 2 of the best players, ever. Who was a more dominant overall player is debatable and I don't fault anyone for thinking it was Jordan. I fault the people that don't give LeBron his due credit. He says something like "3 points more per game is better than 1.5 assists more per game". Says who? Him because it makes sense but because it supports his Jordan argument. I'm not interested in discussing it further with him because he can't judge LeBron objectively for whatever reason.

On a side note, can you get your brother to explain what he meant about zone defenses? I'm confused by that.

Hope to see you on the new board!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

People don't give him a fair shake because they don't agree with you?  People saying he is the best basketball player of his generation isn't a fair shake?  Let's be honest, a fair shake in your world is 100% agreeing with whatever you said.

Quote:To play on with teammates on par to who Jordan had the privilege of playing with. So what? I can't take anyone serious who faults LeBron for getting out of that mess in Cleveland.
I didn't say fault him. He jumped ship to win his first two, period.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

To say those Miami Heat teams weren't on par in talent with Jordan's teams is laughable.

Quote:People don't give him a fair shake because they don't agree with you?  People saying he is the best basketball player of his generation isn't a fair shake?  Let's be honest, a fair shake in your world is 100% agreeing with whatever you said.

No, saying stuff like "3 ppg is better than 1.5 apg" as if that is factual isn't giving him a fair shake.

Quote:To say those Miami Heat teams weren't on par in talent with Jordan's teams is laughable.

What? If anything it's a compliment to Jordan. I'm saying that the Heat without LeBron was comparable to the Bulls without Jordan. Make sense?

Quote:I didn't say fault him. He jumped ship to win his first two, period.

Oh okay. Glad neither of us fault him then?

Can you explain what you meant about zone defense? Zones (or illegal defense, rather) were banned in 1947 and then re-introduced in 2001/2002. Zone defense isn't illegal anymore but it was in the 90s.

Quote:Oh okay. Glad neither of us fault him then?

Can you explain what you meant about zone defense? Zones (or illegal defense, rather) were banned in 1947 and then re-introduced in 2001/2002. Zone defense isn't illegal anymore but it was in the 90s.
I was definitely off on the dates. But the zone opens the floor a lot more which undoubtedly helps offensively. 

;

LBJ is a great player.

MJ23 was the greatest player.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:LBJ is a great player.

Bar none.

;

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2017, 01:47 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:I was definitely off on the dates. But the zone opens the floor a lot more which undoubtedly helps offensively. 

"So much more physical in the Jordan era. Not to mention you could play zone and man. Predictable in today's game which is a big helping factor. You more or less know what you are getting every night."

You implied that it was hard for offenses to have to face zone and man. Maybe that was just a typo.

He's been given more than a fair shake.  He simply doesn't measure up.

By fair shake, you mean "everyone agree with me!"... sorry you're on the losing side of the debate.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:He's been given more than a fair shake.  He simply doesn't measure up.

By fair shake, you mean "everyone agree with me!"... sorry you're on the losing side of the debate.

Nah that's not what I mean. Thanks for your input though pirk.

Will there be an All Sports forum on the new board?

Your input is not appreciated.  It does not agree with me.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:28 points, 15 rebounds, 8 assists?

Don't forget the 7 first half turnovers. Or the +- stat of -22
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:No, saying stuff like "3 ppg is better than 1.5 apg" as if that is factual isn't giving him a fair shake.

I actually said. 1.5 assists vs 3 more points

They kind of cancel out. Was the point. Kind of how LeBron has more rebounds but Jordan's steals make up for it. The turnovers tho...
Go Jags!

Quote:I actually said. 1.5 assists vs 3 more points

They kind of cancel out. Was the point. Kind of how LeBron has more rebounds but Jordan's steals make up for it. The turnovers tho...

I agree they kind of cancel out but that's not what you said.

I respect that opinion. I think they are 1 and 2 and can buy Jordan as #1 for sure.

Quote:I agree they kind of cancel out but that's not what you said.

That is what was intended by that little block of stats/opinion. Can go back and look at the quote I should have been better about writing it out but I did write vs.

I will be clear here. LeBron is clearly great and has put up a nice career and it is still going. I am of the belief Jordan is a better player with better career and it would take LeBron winning at least 2 more championships for me to even consider putting him above jordan. He does have the number of finals reached argument going for him but even without its hard to discount 6-0
Go Jags!