Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

So players aren't allowed to meet or contact the teams until Tuesday , only their agents right?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: Maxwell would be nice too, he's better and younger than Ross and can give us an experienced corner.

So he's better than the 3rd worst signing in team history? Sign him up quick!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So players aren't allowed to meet or contact the teams until Tuesday, only their agents right?

Agents can talk to teams now. Players just can't sign contracts until Tuesday.

Quote:So players aren't allowed to meet or contact the teams until Tuesday , only their agents right?

Yep. A lot of these deals will be in place by then I assume.

Quote:Maxwell is one of those guys that would definitely be an upgrade, if even short term till one of the young guys is better, and I would welcome here, but I don't think we need to go out of our way to sign him at this point.

Those are my feelings too. There is no reason to sign him when Devin McCourty is still available.

Maxwell is asking for too much, but he will get paid anyways by a CB needy team

Quote:So players aren't allowed to meet or contact the teams until Tuesday , only their agents right?

Here is the complete list of rules from the league (I'm sure the teams are following them word for word :thumbsup: ):

1.  A team is allowed to submit a written summary of its negotiating position to agents for free agents still under contract with other teams, including length of contract, signing bonus, compensation, and related subjects.

2.  A team is allowed to adjust its negotiating position based on the position presented by a player’s agent.

3.  While negotiations may occur, teams must say that they are not making offers.

4.  Teams cannot execute contracts with free agents from other teams, submit a draft contract, enter into an express or implied agreement or make any promises about  the terms that would be available once the free-agency period opens, or provide assurances of intent as to the future execution of a contract.

5.  Teams also cannot discuss or make travel arrangements for a player to visit once the market opens, or to communicate directly with a player.

6.  If a player has no agent, the team can’t negotiate with the player at all.

7.  The period applies only to looming unrestricted free agents; it doesn’t include restricted free agents or players who have been tagged.

Quote:Those are my feelings too. There is no reason to sign him when Devin McCourty is still available.

Hey, why would we sign Suh when Julius Thomas is available?  :mellow:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So he's better than the 3rd worst signing in team history? Sign him up quick!
Ha! I meant Alan Ball Tongue

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/574280788251918337' title="1:49 PM - 7 Mar 2015">18s19 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Texans reached a 5-year agreement with Derek Newton, per league source.

Don't know how credible this is, but Mike Florio is reporting on pro football talk that the Raiders are expected to reach an agreement in principle with Randall Cobb.

ZZZZzzz

No one is safe.

Quote:Don't know how credible this is, but Mike Florio is reporting on pro football talk that the Raiders are expected to reach an agreement in principle with Randall Cobb.

Do you have a link?

Some details on Newton's contract with Houston.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/574287385023787008' title="2:15 PM - 7 Mar 2015">2m2 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Big numbers for <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash'>#Texans</a> OT Derek Newton: 5 years at $26.5M with $10M guaranteed. $13.75M in first 2 years and $17M in first 3 years

really thought there would be more activity....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

So the only really "big" names left at RT are Bulaga, Barksdale, and Parnell?

Side note....dude, everytime I look at your avi I can't stop laughing.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Some details on Newton's contract with Houston.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  2m2 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Big numbers for #Texans OT Derek Newton: 5 years at $26.5M with $10M guaranteed. $13.75M in first 2 years and $17M in first 3 years

</div>

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2015, 03:23 PM by FHLusk.)

Quote:really thought there would be more activity....

After reading all the rules I'm guessing there won't be much real news, all speculation until Tuesday.

Was Caldwell fired yet?

He probably was, but the firing cant be officially announced until Tuesday.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

@CharlesRobinson Multiple league sources: #Jaguars, #Bears and #Giants have all opened free agency placing calls for defensive end visits
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."