Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best Video Game Bad Guy?

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 07:45 PM by SeldomRite.)

Quote:Eredin is the leader of the Wild Hunt. The evil guy after Ciri. I'd highly recommend playing further into that game. It's one of the best I've ever played. [Image: maxresdefault_1.jpg]
I don't know how I forgot, but your posting about Witcher 3 reminds me of the most creepy evil character ever, Gaunter O'Dimm.

That scene where he casually shoves a spoon into a guy's eye socket and how he tortured so many people in such twisted ways, he was pretty evil.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't know how I forgot, but your posting about Witcher 3 reminds me of the most creepy evil character ever, Gaunter O'Dimm.

That scene where he casually shoves a spoon into a guy's eye socket and how he tortured so many people in such twisted ways, he was pretty evil.
I'm actually downloading the DLC tonight. Apparently it's amazing, and also adds like 30-40 more hours to the game. Considering FFXV took me 65 hours to 100% this should be plenty of material
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Eredin is the leader of the Wild Hunt. The evil guy after Ciri. I'd highly recommend playing further into that game. It's one of the best I've ever played. [Image: maxresdefault_1.jpg]

Could you imagine running into this in real life?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Could you imagine running into this in real life?

I'd need a new pair of pants.

Seriously though, these fantasy RPGs people aren't even phased, they're like "oh no it's the bad guy!" Instead of "holy [BLEEP] let's get the [BLEEP] out of here! Do you see that bastard?! We're all gonna die!!!"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

[Image: 691759.jpg]

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

How the hell has no one mentioned Pagan Min yet? Without him, Far Cry 4 is just another boring open-world shooter. With him, it's a masterpiece.

Quote:How the hell has no one mentioned Pagan Min yet? Without him, Far Cry 4 is just another boring open-world shooter. With him, it's a masterpiece.

Still haven't finished that one so I can't tell you for sure how bad he is. He seems pretty good so far though
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:How the hell has no one mentioned Pagan Min yet? Without him, Far Cry 4 is just another boring open-world shooter. With him, it's a masterpiece.
As for me, I haven't played FC4 yet.

Sephiroth

Quote:Sephiroth
??

Quote:Nope.  I played GTA III Vice City...but nothing in the series before or after that one.
best GTA ever

imo

Quote:Sub question:  Should original characters get extra weight for being original?

With decades of character development and back story, could you argue that characters like Joker and Dr. Doom have an unfair advantage in this type of analysis?

(Of course it could go the other way too...but I'd like to hear the collective's thoughts).
Yeah... I would limit it to video game only baddies.

Cuz Joker could win on a scale of best baddie, ever?

Raam

I also need to throw this guy's hat in the ring

[Image: 633743835092128510-ganondorf.jpg]

Quote:best GTA ever

imo [Vice City]
I can't speak for the other ones, but I know I had a blast playing that game.  As a member of the MTV generation, I really appreciated the music, etc.

Nice tributes to Miami Vice and Scarface in the game.

Quote:Yeah... I would limit it to video game only baddies.

Cuz Joker could win on a scale of best baddie, ever?
I think people who ever read comics might be inclined to agree with you-though Dr. Doom remains a favorite of mine.  People who aren't comic inclined would be biased against characters like them.

Their loss.

As for Joker v. Dr. Doom-Joker has one big advantage, IMO.  He is much easier to effectively portray in movies.

I've never seen Dr. Doom translate well to cinema, though Marvel Ultimate Alliance portrayed him brilliantly.  However, Nicholson and Ledger's versions of Joker were excellent (with my personal cinematic preference being Nicholson's).  Of course, Hamill's voice over for Joker in the animated series and the Arkham series is my favorite overall.

I think there is much to be said for the originality of good video game bad guys though.

Quote:Raam
Isn't he from Gears of War?

Isn't that an XBOX title?

Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate II was a well done villain.  That was such a great D&D roleplaying computer game all around though as was the first one.

Quote:I also need to throw this guy's hat in the ring

[Image: 633743835092128510-ganondorf.jpg]
I remember playing the very first legend of Zelda.  I didn't get what all of the fuss was about.

Never played any of the subsequent ones.