Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best Video Game Bad Guy?

Quote:Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate II was a well done villain.  That was such a great D&D roleplaying computer game all around though as was the first one.
Not familiar with him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A bad guy that I found intriguing was The Watcher from Darksiders. It was kind of am obscure game but he was voiced by Mark Hamill.

While the character wasn't a boss, he definitely for into the role of "bad guy". Also, he was present throughout most of the game, so he really got to present his personality.

Really good bad guy.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2017, 09:38 PM by Bullseye.)

Here is one guy's list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxcr2q9Sqlg

I couldn't remember LeChuck's name from Curse of Monkey Island.

Quote:A bad guy that I found intriguing was The Watcher from Darksiders. It was kind of am obscure game but he was voiced by Mark Hamill.

While the character wasn't a boss, he definitely for into the role of "bad guy". Also, he was present throughout most of the game, so he really got to present his personality.

Really good bad guy.
Mark Hamill's voice over work as Joker far surpassed anything he did as Luke Skywalker, and Luke Skywalker is a legendary character.

Quote:[Image: Sephiroth+flame.jpg]
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Final_Fantasy%29'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Final_Fantasy%29</a>
Screw Bishonen Boy, Kefka all day...lol.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Of course, Hamill's voice over for Joker in the animated series and the Arkham series is my favorite overall.

Ever heard Hamill as Joker reading Trump tweets?

Awesome.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017...joker.html

Quote:Screw Bishonen Boy, Kefka all day...lol.
Kefka lol

For serious bro?

Mark Hamill as Joker reading Trump was great (without delving into political discussion).

My personal favorite is in Braid and it's not close for me. If you haven't played it, I highly recommend it and it's $15 on Steam, though it is on sale pretty regularly. The whole concept of the game is similar to Mario except with some time warping mechanics. It's a 2D platformer and you're chasing after a princess who is captured by your enemy. However, if you just want to hear why it's my favorite, I'll use a spoiler tag.

[spoiler]I'm giving you one more chance before I spoil it, play the game.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You go through all the levels trying to get her back, but she is always in another castle. However, on the last level, she breaks free from the evil knight that has captured her. Though you are on a level below her and need to reach the end of the level in order to reunite with her. She helps you by pull the levers on traps that are in your way. When you get to the end she is behind a glass window and this is where it gets good. The game has a cutscene of all your gameplay from this level, but in reverse. She isn't pulling the traps to help you; she is pulling the traps to try and stop you. When see called out for help in the beginning of the level, she wasn't calling out to you, but rather to the "evil" knight. YOU ARE THE BAD GUY. In your mind you were trying to save her, but she didn't need to be saved. There is some open-endedness into what exactly the game is trying to get at because the characters seem to be metaphors within the story itself. However, I have never had that level of twist within a video game and that's what makes it such a unique experience.[/spoiler]

Old school "bad guy"...

Did anyone here play Bersirk on the Old Atari 2600?

That happy face that would eventually show up if you stayed on one screen too long would have adrenaline pumping through our veins!!  And it was just a stupid smiley face!!

[Image: blog-berzerk_feat_624.png]

Dark souls :  Trustworthy Patches.  He is more of an NPC

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Old school "bad guy"...

Did anyone here play Bersirk on the Old Atari 2600?

That happy face that would eventually show up if you stayed on one screen too long would have adrenaline pumping through our veins!!  And it was just a stupid smiley face!!

[Image: blog-berzerk_feat_624.png]
I remember that bastard!

Quote:Definitely the Yeti from Ski Free
thats been my avatar for years... I've played a lot games, never has there been a savage like him

Quote:Good time with friends and some of the funniest lines in video games.
the first villain you go against had a hilarious name. It was like "9 toes (also, has three balls)" Lol that game was epic.

Quote:the first villain you go against had a hilarious name. It was like "9 toes (also, has three balls)" Lol that game was epic.
Nearly every line someone had in the game made my friends and I laugh.

Quote:Dark souls :  Trustworthy Patches.  He is more of an NPC

'F' that guy.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:'F' that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tifUXcpesPU

fun little patches cosplay

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017, 10:11 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Bowser and that Toad.   No one wants to save a princess.   That they move forever. 

"I am sorry but your princess is in another castle."

But all joking aside. 

The guy from Metal Gear series that screws with your head at end of game.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:How the hell has no one mentioned Pagan Min yet? Without him, Far Cry 4 is just another boring open-world shooter. With him, it's a masterpiece.

I just finished Far Cry 4. I don't think Pagan Min was all that great of a villain. I mean he wasn't bad, but he's nowhere near the top 10 of my list. He did the stereotypical "let's be friends" thing. Didn't seem special or anything to me.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I just finished Far Cry 4. I don't think Pagan Min was all that great of a villain. I mean he wasn't bad, but he's nowhere near the top 10 of my list. He did the stereotypical "let's be friends" thing. Didn't seem special or anything to me.
So what did you think of Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3?