Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The 3rd pick in the draft (another 2015 necro-bump)

Look out for the eagles wanting to get Mariota

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Look out for the Eagles wanting to get Mariota.

And do what with Nick Foles? It would make a lot more sense for Chip Kelly to want another Duck who actually fills a need on the roster.

Quote:And do what with Nick Foles? It would make a lot more sense for Chip Kelly to want another Duck who actually fills a need on the roster.
Put him on the bench or trade him. Next year is his last year under contract with Philly so they would have to make a decision on him next year anyway.

Quote:Look out for the eagles wanting to get Mariota
Yeah I could see them trying to nab him.

Quote:Yeah I could see them trying to nab him.

How much do you think the Eagles would be willing to give us to move up 17 spots? They are #20 in the first round. For that big a drop, I would demand a 2016 first rounder.

How far down would you be willing to move if a team wants to trade up?

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2015, 08:44 AM by TravC59.)

Quote: 

Hays Carlyon ‏@<b>HaysCarlyon</b> 2m2 minutes ago

#<b>Jaguars</b> blog: Third pick gains luster as Mariota enters draft. http://ow.ly/HkvNl<span> </span>

<div><span><span>0 replies </span> </span> <span> <span>0 retweets </span> </span> <span> <span>0 favorites </span> </span>
<div>
<div> 

<div>This is good news as Winston, Mariota, and Williams all declare.  I have a feeling Ten. takes Williams at 2 therefore will leave one of Winston or Mariota on the board.  Could this finally be the year Dave is able to pull off a nice trade back?
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
Why would any team trade up with Jags for a QB?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Williams is probably going top two, leaving a trade a possibility. The thing that screws us is the teams know us & Oakland are not going to draft a QB.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:And do what with Nick Foles? It would make a lot more sense for Chip Kelly to want another Duck who actually fills a need on the roster.
Foles sucks.... thats why you move on.

Quote:Foles sucks.... thats why you move on.

The Eagles were sure playoff contenders with Foles...it fell apart with Leinhart.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks he sucks.  I think he's pretty solid.

Foles doesnt suck, he was great last year and the Eagles fell apart when he got hurt

At this point we need to hope the Titans either pick Gregory or trade out so some dumb team can get Mariota. If they can't trade out I think Williams will be the pick. TAmpa takes Jameis.

Leonard Williams please!  If not, then Randy Gregory.

Quote:The most logical trading partner for the Titans are Da Bears, who hold the 7th Pick.

I could see them sending Cutler and their Rd 1 and Rd 2 picks for the opportunity to take the 2nd QB in the draft.

And all Vanderbilt fans would be happy to see a former Commodore return to Nashville. But I am not sure he would like that after saying he loves being a Bear.

Quote:The Eagles were sure playoff contenders with Foles...it fell apart with Leinart.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks he sucks. I think he's pretty solid.

You got USC quarterbacks mixed up. Mark Sanchez replaced Nick Foles, not Matt Leinart.

I think the only reason people are pretending Foles sucks is they want to see a Chip Kelly-Marcus Mariota reunion. The problem with that idea obviously is the Eagles are #20 so nothing short of a 2016 first along with that and a second round pick is good enough for us to move down 17 spots. So people who want to see Ducks in Philadelphia just because they played for Chip Kelly a few years ago should talk about others the Eagles don't need to trade up for.

(01-15-2015, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
Foles doesnt suck, he was great last year and the Eagles fell apart when he got hurt

Hmmm