Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(08-24-2018, 09:50 AM)Monty Wrote: Castle Rock?

We're watching it. Stephen King doesn't usually translate well to a visual medium (with some spectacular exceptions like Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and a few others). To be fair, this series doesn't come directly from any of his works but it draws upon the universe he's created and has a couple characters in it from some of his novels (Castle Rock is a fictional town that shows up quite a bit).  In some ways, this show's mood and characterizations reflect the general feeling of his stories more closely than any of the other shows I've seen. On the other hand, I have a feeling that the pacing may frustrate some people. They're not taking any shortcuts. But overall I think they're doing a great job with it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2018, 02:47 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 09:50 AM)Monty Wrote: Castle Rock?

We're watching it. Stephen King doesn't usually translate well to a visual medium (with some spectacular exceptions like Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and a few others). To be fair, this series doesn't come directly from any of his works but it draws upon the universe he's created and has a couple characters in it from some of his novels (Castle Rock is a fictional town that shows up quite a bit).  In some ways, this show's mood and characterizations reflect the general feeling of his stories more closely than any of the other shows I've seen. On the other hand, I have a feeling that the pacing may frustrate some people. They're not taking any shortcuts. But overall I think they're doing a great job with it.

Yeah, I'm already anxious to see where it's going.   Seems somewhat aimless right now but you're spot on about the feel.
Huh

Just finished the Jack Ryan show on Amazon prime it was really good. A little predictable but still I enjoyed it start to finish hope they do more seasons.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-07-2018, 05:48 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Just finished the Jack Ryan show on Amazon prime it was really good.  A little predictable but still I enjoyed it start to finish hope they do more seasons.

We just started this one. We're two episodes in and like it so far. Krasinski is actually doing a good job of playing a serious role and as Jack Ryan.

Ok, I couldn't help myself and started watching Star Trek: Discovery in spite of my promise to myself not to. I really wanted to dislike it but I am digging the whole Westworld meets Battlestar Galactica vibe. We're 10 in.

American Vandal is the best thing Netflix has ever put out.

We should all thank Michael and Janet for making the Jaguars good again.

The Manifest is a new NBC show... I kinda dig it. Kinda hard to figure out where they are going with it. Are they dead like Lost? Is it a government thing? Aliens?

They'll probably cancel it midway thru season 2 since I started it right away and like it.

(10-09-2018, 10:23 AM)Kane Wrote: The Manifest is a new NBC show... I kinda dig it. Kinda hard to figure out where they are going with it. Are they dead like Lost? Is it a government thing? Aliens?

They'll probably cancel it midway thru season 2 since I started it right away and like it.

This is why I don’t watch new shows until the second season! Everything I end up loving always gets cancelled! I’ll binge watch the first season to catch up once it’s been renewed...my heart has been ripped out too many times! Heck, I’m still salty about them canceling American Gothic back in the 90’s!!! I thought that was an awesome show!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-09-2018, 10:23 AM)Kane Wrote: The Manifest is a new NBC show... I kinda dig it. Kinda hard to figure out where they are going with it. Are they dead like Lost? Is it a government thing? Aliens?

I like it so far.  You are right though, it's the kind of show that has the potential to really get off the wall and get cancelled.

I'm kinda liking New Amsterdam so far, also.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-05-2018, 01:33 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: We should all thank Michael and Janet for making the Jaguars good again.

BTW. the new Doctor who was so much better than I ever imagined. . I wasn't one of the people who was critical of the choice to make her the doctor but I thought she had some big shoes to fill. But, Jodie nailed it.

(10-09-2018, 10:52 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

This is why I don’t watch new shows until the second season! Everything I end up loving always gets cancelled! I’ll binge watch the first season to catch up once it’s been renewed...my heart has been ripped out too many times! Heck, I’m still salty about them canceling American Gothic back in the 90’s!!! I thought that was an awesome show!

Indeed. In the day and age of streaming and binge watching I started doing this too.
But kinda ran out of shows to stream and it caught my eye.... I will probably regret it.
The O.C. way back when was a show I was really into and they caught me off guard with its cancellation. Also Revolution

(10-09-2018, 11:01 AM)Rico Wrote:

I like it so far.  You are right though, it's the kind of show that has the potential to really get off the wall and get cancelled.

I'm kinda liking New Amsterdam so far, also.

Yeah! New Amsterdam is great. At first I was like 'oh geez another medical drama' but come to find out it is based of real events.
I'm hooked.

And it's nbc they always cancelled shows midseason. I like but I'm expecting no answers ever lol
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Yellowstone was really good, renewed for season 2.

Lodge 49 is...odd
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

During my flight I watched season 1 ep.1 of Game of Thrones to see what the fuss is all about. I don’t get it.

(10-10-2018, 12:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: During my flight I watched season 1 ep.1 of Game of Thrones to see what the fuss is all about. I don’t get it.

What's worse is watching it as it's released only to have to wait three years for another season. Completely forgot what was going on.

(10-10-2018, 12:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: During my flight I watched season 1 ep.1 of Game of Thrones to see what the fuss is all about. I don’t get it.

I was the same way at that point. I thought it seemed well made but was confusing and over the top. Now several years later, I've seen every episode and read the available books, some more than once. It has a way of growing on you, but it helps to sip an autumnal mead before you watch each episode, dilly-dilly! Wink

(10-05-2018, 01:33 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: We should all thank Michael and Janet for making the Jaguars good again.

I just started watch The Good Place on Netflix a few days ago. I'm already well into the 2nd season.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Love The Good Place...

Bortles!!

(10-10-2018, 01:10 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

I was the same way at that point. I thought it seemed well made but was confusing and over the top. Now several years later, I've seen every episode and read the available books, some more than once. It has a way of growing on you, but it helps to sip an autumnal mead before you watch each episode, dilly-dilly! Wink

[Image: bud-light-guy-in-stocks_ZslUbRU.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato