Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(10-10-2018, 12:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: During my flight I watched season 1 ep.1 of Game of Thrones to see what the fuss is all about. I don’t get it.

Welp... if you're not hooked by the first episode of the first season it probably isn't worth a watch.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

New season/series of True Detective coming in January:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUznQds...e=youtu.be

(10-11-2018, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: New season/series of True Detective coming in January:

The problem for me with this series, is the first season with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey set the bar so high.  The second season, while good, wasn't anywhere close to as good as the first year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-12-2018, 07:58 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: New season/series of True Detective coming in January:

The problem for me with this series, is the first season with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey set the bar so high.  The second season, while good, wasn't anywhere close to as good as the first year.

Very true.

Finally getting around to watching The Man in The High Castle..

2 episodes in, good so far.. intrigued as to where it will go..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-11-2018, 11:11 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 12:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: During my flight I watched season 1 ep.1 of Game of Thrones to see what the fuss is all about. I don’t get it.

Welp... if you're not hooked by the first episode of the first season it probably isn't worth a watch.

The first episode didnt hook me either when it first came out. But I was looking for a period drama to fill the void left after The Tudors, and figured I would give it a chance.
Was hooked by the third episode when the characters and families started to fall into place for me.

(10-12-2018, 12:54 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Finally getting around to watching The Man in The High Castle..

2 episodes in, good so far.. intrigued as to where it will go..

It is a little rough around the edges at times. Season 3 just came out and we're starting that, promises to dig a little more into the films.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-12-2018, 02:01 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 11:11 AM)Kane Wrote: Welp... if you're not hooked by the first episode of the first season it probably isn't worth a watch.

The first episode didnt hook me either when it first came out. But I was looking for a period drama to fill the void left after The Tudors, and figured I would give it a chance.
Was hooked by the third episode when the characters and families started to fall into place for me.

Ya know... initially... my comment was meant to be sarcastic... like "well if the very first episode doesn't knock you off your feet the show is probably trash"

But looking back at it... GoT first episode is exactly what hooked me. The shock of the ending.
And a lot of the show is very much similar to that first episode. As soon as you get comfortable with a character or a story line or plot, boom. They'll get ya.

Loved GoT and can not wait for the final season

(10-10-2018, 09:30 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 01:33 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: We should all thank Michael and Janet for making the Jaguars good again.

I just started watch The Good Place on Netflix a few days ago. I'm already well into the 2nd season.

Same for us, on recommendations from a different board. Wasn't sure if it was 'wait until wifey's asleep' material like Rick and Morty, Bojack, and the likes of dark humor that I dig, but turned out she dug it too.

I've been binge-watching 'The OA' on netflix.

Great series if you dig some transrealism and maybe some theoretical astrophysics.

Just started watching QB1 on Netflix... not too bad...
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(04-10-2019, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've been binge-watching  'The OA' on netflix.

Great series if you dig some transrealism and maybe some theoretical astrophysics.

I was into the first season. Totally hooked. I haven't seen the second season yet but someone I know has and they say it's a total reset without actually being a reset. Not sure exactly what that means but looking forward to seeing it.

The second season was great but like you said it got panned by most people because it lacked Harrelson and McConaughey and it was a totally different vibe. To psuedo-quote Linkin Park, "the blueprint is a gift and a curse, everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first."

The third season was great but in some important ways wasn't as good as the first two. I'll look forward to a 4th season if they ever put it together.

(04-10-2019, 09:24 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've been binge-watching  'The OA' on netflix.

I was into the first season. Totally hooked. I haven't seen the second season yet but someone I know has and they say it's a total reset without actually being a reset. Not sure exactly what that means but looking forward to seeing it.

I'm watching them in succession. Just started the second season today.  Really good so far.  

It continues the same storyline.

I loved the first season and definitely need to watch it again before I watch S2. 

If y'all have Hulu you should check out The Act. Based on true events and creepy as all get out. There is an HBO documentary on the same people on youtube called Mommy Dearest and Dead which is even creepier than the series because you're watching the actual mother and daughter. I never heard about the case but it is jacked up

Serious anticipation for GoT this weekend.

(04-10-2019, 10:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I loved the first season and definitely need to watch it again before I watch S2. 

If y'all have Hulu you should check out The Act. Based on true events and creepy as all get out. There is an HBO documentary on the same people on youtube called Mommy Dearest and Dead which is even creepier than the series because you're watching the actual mother and daughter. I never heard about the case but it is jacked up

Serious anticipation for GoT this weekend.

The second season features an actor named Kingsley Ben-Adir who is apparently a meteoric rising star. He's very good. 

I imagine he'll be doing some major films soon.

Has anyone watched ‘Barry’ with Bill Hader? I had the opportunity to watch the first season while on a flight and I really enjoyed it. I love Hader, plus I’m a Stephen Root fan. 
It’s an HBO series so unfortunately I won’t have the ability to watch it again since I’m not a subscriber.

(04-11-2019, 06:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone watched ‘Barry’ with Bill Hader? I had the opportunity to watch the first season while on a flight and I really enjoyed it. I love Hader, plus I’m a Stephen Root fan. 
It’s an HBO series so unfortunately I won’t have the ability to watch it again since I’m not a subscriber.

Yes. Really funny stuff.
 Root is great in it as is Anthony Carrigan playing the Chechen gangster and Henry Winkler as the acting teacher.

The first season of True Detective was probably one of the best shows I have ever watched. I started watching the second season, but that whole dark, eerie, creepy, mystery type feel that I got in the first season was completely missing and I lost interest. The newest one looks much better.

(04-11-2019, 06:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone watched ‘Barry’ with Bill Hader? I had the opportunity to watch the first season while on a flight and I really enjoyed it. I love Hader, plus I’m a Stephen Root fan. 

Yes, I saw it, and thought it was pretty good.  I'll definitely watch the next season.