Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(05-20-2019, 06:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: All shows are second to Breaking Bad. Best written show to ever grace the small screen. Period.

Don’t argue, it will only make you look silly.

Oh right...like it could ever be better than Gilligan's Island.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I happen to like Gillian’s Island. But I have not watched the first episode of BB.,

(05-20-2019, 06:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: All shows are second to Breaking Bad. Best written show to ever grace the small screen. Period.

Not a show I could get into. I tried and it just didn't work for me. 

As for best writing, it may be the best in it's genre but not the best ever. For what it was, Friday Night Lights was a great series in its genre. It has its issues here and there but all shows do. Firefly is by far the best 14 episode show to ever grace television. Whoever cancelled it should have been fired.

(05-20-2019, 07:15 PM)Rico Wrote:

Oh right...like it could ever be better than Gilligan's Island.

In a strange twist, the creator, head writer, and director of Breaking Bad is Vince Gilligan. Little do people know that he is the love child of Gilligan and Mary Anne; conceived when the desert island crew was rescued by The Love Boat. An episode which never aired because the act of conception was performed in the middle of the shuffleboard square on the promenade deck after a long morning of quaffing celebratory mimosas.
True story.

Just finished season two of The Rain on Netflix and S5 of Bosch on Amazon Prime this past week. Excellent seasons for both shows.

Decided to try Riverdale (RIP Luke Perry) even though I loathe most anything that comes out of the CW. Darn that show. Darn them!! I watched two episodes so far and had to just. say. no. to another one tonight. Time to go to bed before my hand grabs the remote again. Lol.

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but the HBO premier of the Deadwood movie inspired me to re-watch the series. Always a favorite, I'd somehow forgotten how good that show was, and the movie nailed it as far as wrapping up the story.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

After the series went off I watched the first 2 seasons of Breaking Bad over a 2 week time period and found it absolutely boring. I kept waiting for something to happen to draw me in, but it got to be where I couldn't even make myself watch another episode of the flip flop of Do I want to sell drugs or do I not. Give me OZ, Lost, Deadwood, Son's of Anarchy, or Game of thrones as much better shows than Breaking Bad and it's not even close. Even though it is probably dated by now, I still want to watch "The Wire". I hear that was really good. Looking forward to watching the Deadwood movie. The only thing I didn't care for in Deadwood was the continuous profanity. I am not offended by profanity, I use it myself, but it was almost like the only words Calamity Jane knew how to say were cuss words. I'd bet that C___ Su____ was the 2 most used words in that show.

Breaking Bad was a good series, but lacked humor (except Saul on rare occasions). It doesn't hold a candle to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or House M.D.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-09-2019, 03:38 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: After the series went off I watched the first 2 seasons of Breaking Bad over a 2 week time period and found it absolutely boring. I kept waiting for something to happen to draw me in, but it got to be where I couldn't even make myself watch another episode of the flip flop of Do I want to sell drugs or do I not. Give me OZ, Lost, Deadwood, Son's of Anarchy, or Game of thrones as much better shows than Breaking Bad and it's not even close. Even though it is probably dated by now, I still want to watch "The Wire". I hear that was really good. Looking forward to watching the Deadwood movie. The only thing I didn't care for in Deadwood was the continuous profanity. I am not offended by profanity, I use it myself, but it was almost like the only words Calamity Jane knew how to say were cuss words. I'd bet that C___ Su____ was the 2 most used words in that show.

This is pretty much why I've avoided it. The occasional word here or there in a tv show or hearing it in movies like Lone Survivor, 13 Hours, etc., is one thing, but to use it just to fill out dialogue is stupid.

(06-09-2019, 04:28 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Breaking Bad was a good series, but lacked humor (except Saul on rare occasions). It doesn't hold a candle to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or House M.D.

Confused

(06-09-2019, 04:28 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Of course.  Rolleyes

I started true blood on the urging of my best friend and is the show going to always be this bad or does it pick up at some point?

(05-14-2019, 10:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Anyone watched Chernobyl on HBO? Great show so far.

Just finished watching this one, great show.

(06-14-2019, 05:21 PM)roycee Wrote: I started true blood on the urging of my best friend and is the show going to always be this bad or does it pick up at some point?

I think it gets worse IIRC. It's been a long time since I watched it and only got through two seasons max. I felt like I was losing IQ points watching that crap.

(06-09-2019, 11:21 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but the HBO premier of the Deadwood movie inspired me to re-watch the series. Always a favorite, I'd somehow forgotten how good that show was, and the movie nailed it as far as wrapping up the story.

I was surprised how good that movie was.

The two funniest shows I've seen recently are both on HBO- Veep and Silicon Valley.

(06-14-2019, 05:21 PM)roycee Wrote: I started true blood on the urging of my best friend and is the show going to always be this bad or does it pick up at some point?

It gets mildly better from season 3 to about season 5 then goes downhill in a hurry. The concept/execution through the first 5 seasons are pretty much what you're seeing in the first season though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Stop now and stop speaking to that friend.

Just wondering if the addition of Nick Foles to the Jags would give the NFL and Amazon Prime a good reason to give us a season of All Or Nothing. There are 32 teams and they do one team per season/year. With only three seasons into the series and the NFL's general disregard for us, it's possible we don't see a Jags season for 28 more years.

It sucks sometimes being the redheaded stepchild of the league.

Season two of Netflix's Mindhunter comes out this Friday so I thought I'd rewatch the first season to refresh my memory. I forgot how interesting this series is. Easily a bingeworthy series. I hope S2 is as good. They're going to focus on the Atlanta Child Murders, Son of Sam and the BTK killer.