Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

I'm halfway through the second episode of The Family, a limited series on Netflix. It's creepy, and should get conspiracy theorists going.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019, 08:06 AM by Caldrac.)

I lost interest in everything. Stopped keeping up with Vikings. Stopped keeping up with The Walking Dead.

Now if I get bored and burned out on interviews, documentaries and random things on YouTube ill just watch Goblin Slayer on Crunchyroll or Rick & Morty on Adult Swim.

The last great show I completely enjoyed or genuinely didn't want to miss was the first season of True Detective on HBO. That's worth a rewatch or two in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-13-2019, 10:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I lost interest in everything. Stopped keeping up with Vikings. Stopped keeping up with The Walking Dead.

Now if I get bored and burned out on interviews, documentaries and random things on YouTube ill just watch Goblin Hunter on Crunchyroll or Rick & Morty on Adult Swim.

The last great show I completely enjoyed or genuinely didn't want to miss was the first season of True Detective on HBO. That's worth a rewatch or two in my opinion.

That was an awesome season. Didn't make it through the second and have no interest in any others. You should check out Mindhunter. It's based on the work of John Douglas and Robert Ressler, two FBI agents who pioneered the profiling of criminals. It's fascinating and horrific at the same time.

(08-14-2019, 12:34 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 10:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I lost interest in everything. Stopped keeping up with Vikings. Stopped keeping up with The Walking Dead.

Now if I get bored and burned out on interviews, documentaries and random things on YouTube ill just watch Goblin Hunter on Crunchyroll or Rick & Morty on Adult Swim.

That was an awesome season. Didn't make it through the second and have no interest in any others. You should check out Mindhunter. It's based on the work of John Douglas and Robert Ressler, two FBI agents who pioneered the profiling of criminals. It's fascinating and horrific at the same time.

The first season of True Detective might have been the best limited series I have ever seen. it had a very Zodiac/Seven vibe to it. I loved it. I really liked Mindhunter as well. The guy who played Ed Kemper was spot on.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019, 07:26 AM by RicoTx.)

That was an awesome series.  I think the problem with that show is that they have the best on first with Woody Harrelsen and Matthew McConaughey.  I don't think they can possibly top that one.  I know the second season, while decent, was nowhere close.  Actually I have season one DVR'ed and have watched it more than once.  I haven't seen season three.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-14-2019, 04:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 12:34 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That was an awesome season. Didn't make it through the second and have no interest in any others. You should check out Mindhunter. It's based on the work of John Douglas and Robert Ressler, two FBI agents who pioneered the profiling of criminals. It's fascinating and horrific at the same time.

The first season of True Detective might have been the best limited series I have ever seen. it had a very Zodiac/Seven vibe to it. I loved it. I really liked Mindhunter as well. The guy who played Ed Kemper was spot on.

IIRC that actor won an award for playing Kemper. He really was outstanding. And now all this talk of S1 of True Detective has me wanting to watch it again.

I just finished the first episode of S2 Mindhunter and wow! This is going to be a good season. No spoilers here but they went in a direction with Ford that should prove to be very interesting. I read in an article where David Fincher said this series has a seven year/season arc so if all goes according to plan and the series doesn't jump any sharks, we have a lot to look forward to. 

I finished my second viewing of S1 last night and going into S2 I have to say whoever is responsible for casting Agents Ford, Tench and Smith, Ed Kemper, Dr. Carr, Specter and their subjects did an excellent job. I cannot wait to see how the actors portray the BTK Killer, Manson and the others when the agents finally interview them. 

I may end up buying the book that inspired this series.

I binged The Boys on Prime this week. Good premise, looking forward to season 2.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 09:01 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I just got finished watching season 3 of True Detective. Wow! That was fantastic! Season 1 was definitely my favorite, but season 3 is a close second. Despite tons of flashback scenes, the story flowed effortlessly and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. If you like mysteries, I highly recommend this one.

[Image: true-detective-season-3-review.jpg]

The final season of Man in the High Castle comes out November 15th. I’m looking forward to that.

Also, Breaking Bad the movie is released today in theaters and Netflix.

(10-11-2019, 12:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The final season of Man in the High Castle comes out November 15th. I’m looking forward to that.

Also, Breaking Bad the movie is released today in theaters and Netflix.

I enjoyed it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

So Jason Mendoza finally learned we cut Blake Bortles. The reaction was PERFECT.

If you haven't watched Unbelievable on Netflix and you like a true life story that will make you feel all kinds of emotions don't miss it- you will say the word 'unbelievable' many times during this limited series. It makes you see how unreliable so many of our systems put in place to help kids (foster care), police/detective work (bias toward those "less deserving"), our justice system (in this case ineptness due to shoddy police work), etc.

I don't get on a soapbox often to kvetch about how things in society are unfair toward women but man this series just laid it out there. I won't spoil it for anyone who decides to watch it but the juxtaposition of the female victim and her situation and the female detectives and their roles was interesting. It's amazing how the choices of parents; good, bad nd ugly, can affect the entire life of another human being.

I'm still hung up on the old Twilight Zone on Netflix..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Signed up for Disney+ today.. 30 seasons of The Simpsons brought me in, but holy [BLEEP], Mandalorian is keeping me here.. Not a big Star Wars fan, but I may turn into one..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-12-2019, 10:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Signed up for Disney+ today.. 30 seasons of The Simpsons brought me in, but holy [BLEEP], Mandalorian is keeping me here.. Not a big Star Wars fan, but I may turn into one..

I hate the idea of Disney+ but I really want to see Mandalorian. And I am an original SW fan for sure.

(11-12-2019, 10:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Signed up for Disney+ today.. 30 seasons of The Simpsons brought me in, but holy [BLEEP], Mandalorian is keeping me here.. Not a big Star Wars fan, but I may turn into one..
Yeeees. Embrace the dark side.

I'm watching the new seasons of Silicon Valley on HBO and Ray Donovan on Showtime.

For some reason I also like Million Dollar Listing (LA and NY), and House Hunters International.

I watch more and more stuff on Youtube. It's great for a short attention span like mine. Boxing, war, standup comedians, all in bite size.

(11-23-2019, 07:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm watching the new seasons of Silicon Valley on HBO and Ray Donovan on Showtime.  

For some reason I also like Million Dollar Listing (LA and NY), and House Hunters International.  

I watch more and more stuff on Youtube.   It's great for a short attention span like mine.  Boxing, war, standup comedians, all in bite size.

How is Ray Donovan? I’m seeing 6 seasons on amazon and seems tempting.  

Just about to finish Jack Ryan.  First season was good.   The second season not nearly as good.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2019, 06:48 PM by The Real Marty.)

(11-23-2019, 09:17 AM)Jags Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 07:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm watching the new seasons of Silicon Valley on HBO and Ray Donovan on Showtime.  

I watch more and more stuff on Youtube.   It's great for a short attention span like mine.  Boxing, war, standup comedians, all in bite size.

How is Ray Donovan? I’m seeing 6 seasons on amazon and seems tempting.  

I love it.  

Ray Donovan is a Hollywood fixer/well-dressed-thug, who gets called on by powerful people to basically take bad situations and make things better.  And his father, played by John Voight, is a great character.

By the way, I think Succession is also on Amazon.  That's another great show.  It took a couple of episodes for me to get into it, but now, I'm totally addicted.