Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(06-25-2021, 07:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm just waitin on Shark Week..

Me too!  I hope they’ve got original stuff this year. They’ve been “jumping the shark” the last few years.  Although, Shaq is cool. With the Covid [BLEEP], idk how much new stuff they’ll have with the travel limitations and all.  I also have no clue when they film that stuff either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Finished the first part of The Nevers. Had low expectations but was completely blown away. Makes you work a bit so if you're not into that you'll probably hate it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-25-2021, 08:35 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Finished the first part of The Nevers. Had low expectations but was completely blown away. Makes you work a bit so if you're not into that you'll probably hate it.

That ending though, I had to check to see if I was watching the correct show.

Yellowstone is killing me. Thought they were releasing season 4 in June but that came and went. Now I’m hearing it will not be releaseduntil after the olympics. Who the hell is watching the olympics?!?!

(06-28-2021, 06:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 08:35 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Finished the first part of The Nevers. Had low expectations but was completely blown away. Makes you work a bit so if you're not into that you'll probably hate it.

That ending though, I had to check to see if I was watching the correct show.

Lol, no doubt although it came around. There are 4 more episodes of season one on the way.

(06-28-2021, 06:44 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Yellowstone is killing me. Thought they were releasing season 4 in June but that came and went. Now I’m hearing it will not be releaseduntil after the olympics. Who the hell is watching the olympics?!?!
No one, but they certainly can't spend all that money and not air it. Ratings have been getting worse so this year could be new lows with most sports already having lows.
(06-28-2021, 07:15 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 06:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote: That ending though, I had to check to see if I was watching the correct show.

Lol, no doubt although it came around. There are 4 more episodes of season one on the way.
Didn't know they have more, good to hear.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Watched the final season of Bosch and am sad to see the series end. I never would have thought of Titus Welliver for the character of Harry Bosch but he nailed it. I guess I'll have to read the books again.

I'm so tempted to watch The Tiger King show.. Doesn't seem like my type of show, but after all the hoopla, curiosity kills..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(07-01-2021, 09:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm so tempted to watch The Tiger King show.. Doesn't seem like my type of show, but after all the hoopla, curiosity kills..

Yeah that one is a doozy. I didn’t have high expectations when I watched, but holy [BLEEP] that was insane.

Gay three way marriages, murder, meth, psychotic zoo owners, and tigers. It has it all.

(07-02-2021, 11:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 09:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm so tempted to watch The Tiger King show.. Doesn't seem like my type of show, but after all the hoopla, curiosity kills..

Yeah that one is a doozy. I didn’t have high expectations when I watched, but holy [BLEEP] that was insane.

Gay three way marriages, murder, meth, psychotic zoo owners, and tigers. It has it all.

And Carole Baskin is a [BLEEP].

(07-02-2021, 11:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Sounds like downtown "any-city".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-01-2021, 08:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Watched the final season of Bosch and am sad to see the series end. I never would have thought of Titus Welliver for the character of Harry Bosch but he nailed it. I guess I'll have to read the books again.

That's a great series in every way, sad to see it end too. We haven't watched the final season yet but it's in the queue. Incidentally, we are watching The Wire for the first time (which actually pre-dates it). Pretty remarkable in its own right and a few actors carry over from it.

(07-02-2021, 04:36 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 08:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Watched the final season of Bosch and am sad to see the series end. I never would have thought of Titus Welliver for the character of Harry Bosch but he nailed it. I guess I'll have to read the books again.

That's a great series in every way, sad to see it end too. We haven't watched the final season yet but it's in the queue. Incidentally, we are watching The Wire for the first time (which actually pre-dates it). Pretty remarkable in its own right and a few actors carry over from it.

They ended the series just right. I was worried it would be open ended in a way that would drive you nuts because there is no resolution and no next season to see what happens, but they couldn't have done better with the season's crime storyline as well as the stories of the main characters. The best series ending I've ever watched IMO.

I joined Amazon Prime and I have a TV show that I very highly recommend, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Winner of multiple Emmy awards, it is very funny, and the production values are amazing for a TV Show.

Lucifer final season. Color me unimpressed. Absolutely loved the the other seasons. This final season and 2 and a half shows in and I’m uninterested.

(09-12-2021, 05:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I joined Amazon Prime and I have a TV show that I very highly recommend, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.  Winner of multiple Emmy awards, it is very funny, and the production values are amazing for a TV Show.

I watched the first few episodes of that and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I just never got back into it. My original thought was what kind of a jerk would cheat on such a wonderful woman. But it's, you know, in the script.

Recently watched on Netflix -
Manifest - good for about 4 or 5 episodes then nonsense.
Never Have I Ever - Very cute high school drama, funny
The queen's gambit - I loved it, wife said it would give her nightmares after 1 episode. Now I have to watch without her.
The New girl - wife likes this one. The whole thing is like Zooey Deschanel herself, goofy, and too cute for its own good.
Dead to me - every single episode has a twist ending it seems. Laugh out loud funny in places. Very sad in others. Thriller in other places. Wife and I loved this one.

Recently watched on Peacock - AP Bio - you wish you had this teacher. You wish you had these classmates. A good laugh every 60 seconds if you pay attention.

Amazon - the kids LOVED avatar. Quality viewing. And a second for Mrs. Maisel, can't wait for next season of that one.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 06:16 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-13-2021, 09:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Recently watched on Netflix -
Manifest - good for about 4 or 5 episodes then nonsense.
Never Have I Ever - Very cute high school drama, funny
The queen's gambit - I loved it, wife said it would give her nightmares after 1 episode.  Now I have to watch without her.
The New girl - wife likes this one.  The whole thing is like Zooey Deschanel herself, goofy, and too cute for its own good.
Dead to me - every single episode has a twist ending it seems.  Laugh out loud funny in places. Very sad in others.  Thriller in other places.  Wife and I loved this one.

Recently watched on Peacock - AP Bio - you wish you had this teacher.  You wish you had these classmates.  A good laugh every 60 seconds if you pay attention.

Amazon - the kids LOVED avatar.  Quality viewing.  And a second for Mrs. Maisel, can't wait for next season of that one.

I enjoyed Queen's Gambit also.  Interesting fact- they hired Gary Kasparov, former world champion and arguably the greatest chess player of all time, as a consultant, and the games they play in the show, and the positions of the pieces on the board at various events in the show, are actual games played in various events historically.  The final game (no spoiler) was an actual game between two grandmasters that resulted in a draw, but they studied the position and figured out a way one of the players could win, and used that continuation in the climactic game at the end.  If anyone hasn't seen the show, don't worry, you don't have to watch chess games.  I'm just saying, if you are chess aficionado like I am, the chess positions they show are real and actually make sense.  The only thing they changed about the chess playing to make it watchable is speed it up.  Classical chess games in big time tournaments take hours to play.  

But it was a fun show because she was such an [BLEEP] kicker and didn't take any crap off of anybody.

(09-12-2021, 05:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I joined Amazon Prime and I have a TV show that I very highly recommend, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.  Winner of multiple Emmy awards, it is very funny, and the production values are amazing for a TV Show.

Really like that one. I kinda had the impression it might have been loosely based on Joan Rivers but very loosely. Looking forward to the final season.

Another show on Amazon Prime, that we just finished binge-watching, that was amazingly good- Fleabag. There are only 12 episodes, and there won't be any more, but to me, it's one of the best things I've ever seen on TV. It's a comedy-drama, not safe for the kiddies, definitely R-rated. It won a lot of awards.