Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

Quote:I have not heard of that one.

It's worth watching if you come across it.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Three I've been watching lately are The Crown (Netflix), Sneaky Pete (Amazon)  and Big Little Lies (HBO). I'm really liking all three, especially Big Little lies for the excellent cast and their performances.
I liked The Crown a lot. I think everyone was cast pretty well, especially Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. A lot of people didn't like the casting of John Lithgow as Winston Churchill but it didn't bother me at all. I'm looking forward to the second season.

Sneaky Pete is in my queue to watch. Just finished the fourth season of The Americans so Pete is up next on Amazon. 

My husband and I have been watching Humans on Amazon. It's an interesting show. Creepy to think about, but interesting. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320363/?ref_=nv_sr_4'>Departures</a> on Netflix is a cool show. S3 just came out this week. Two Canadians, well three with their cameraman, in their 20's who leave their lives behind and travel around the world and film it all. They actually got into Chernobyl and North Korea. It's a different way to see the world for sure.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5651844/?ref_=nv_sr_5'>Travelers</a> (Netflix) is pretty good. Unique and interesting. I just finished episode six and like the series so far.

If you ever get the chance, check out <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4715246/?ref_=nv_sr_2'>The Last Alaskans</a>. I'm not a fan of 'reality' shows but I caught this one quite by accident a couple of years ago and it's unlike anything else you'll see in that genre. I'd say it's in a league of its own. IMDB hasn't been updated with the new season info, S3 just started 3 weeks ago. Each season is only 8 episodes.

I don't even "know" you but I immediately thought of you when we watched Travelers.

I keep hearing good things about The Crown. I look at it expecting a boring period piece and pass it up. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and watch it.

Tidbit, look out for American Gods coming up on Starz in April. The book was amazing. I'm hopine the show can follow suit.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I don't even "know" you but I immediately thought of you when we watched Travelers.

That just means you know me when it comes to television, or getting there.
  :thumbsup: 

I keep hearing good things about The Crown. I look at it expecting a boring period piece and pass it up. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and watch it.

It's very interesting. It begins right before Elizabeth is crowned. I knew some of the story from reading books about it years ago, but it's different to watch it with additional information. Production values and acting were really good IMO. 

Tidbit, look out for American Gods coming up on Starz in April. The book was amazing. I'm hopine the show can follow suit.

I read somewhere today it's a Top 10 show to look out for. I'll have to check it out on IMDB and the book on Amazon. 

American Gods is easily one of the best books I've read in my lifetime...and I've read a LOT of books of this ilk/genre.

Neil Gaiman is a god (pun most assuredly intended).
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Season 3 episode 1 of Better Call Saul was on last night. Finally.

The craziness

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Well since you all seem to watch terrible t.v. I'll help you out:

First 48, A and E

Alone, Nat Geo

Vice Principals, HBO

The Mick, Fox
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Season 3 episode 1 of Better Call Saul was on last night. Finally.

Great season so far. I have never actually watched Breaking Bad before, so I plan to watch that after this series ends.

My wife thinks I'm crazy for never seeing BB, but I think she is just jealous I get to watch it in "order".

Quote:Great season so far. I have never actually watched Breaking Bad before, so I plan to watch that after this series ends.

My wife thinks I'm crazy for never seeing BB, but I think she is just jealous I get to watch it in "order".

Your wife is correct. BB is the best show ever made. BCS is good too, I like to describe it as BB Lite. No shame in that though, it's actually a compliment.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:Great season so far. I have never actually watched Breaking Bad before, so I plan to watch that after this series ends.

When you dive into BB, give it time.

It wasn't until season 2 or so where I got hooked (and glad I did.)

Not to spoil anything, but it wasn't until Jesse got a girlfriend that I cemented my fandom of the show.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

2 words... Prison Break

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2017, 09:28 AM by Caldrac.)

My wife got me into Shameless a few weeks ago. We ended up wrapping up season six on Netflix yesterday. Really good show if you ask me. Perfect blend of dark comedy and serious real life issues all wrapped up in one big, happy and dysfunctional family.

Kind of hits home in some episodes. Especially with Phillip Gallagher or "Lip". I feel like I can relate with that kid more than anyone on the show. Literally went through a lot of that myself with my own family and life growing up. But it's a damn good show. Actually trying to see how we can watch season seven now through SlingTV. 

William H. Macy as Frank Gallagher is hilarious. And Emmy Rossum does a great job as the oldest daughter (Fiona Gallagher) of the Gallagher household just trying to keep the family together for her siblings while dealing with her own personal demons. 

But every character on the show has their moments to shine and really breakthrough. It's an impressive cast altogether. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I liked the US version of Shameless, but the UK (original) version was also excellent.

Probably preferred the UK version just because it was a little bit more relatable.. with me being British and all...

Had anyone watched American Gods?

Didn't know whether I loved it or hated it at first. But after the first 5 episodes, it's become one of my favorite shows.

Quote:Had anyone watched American Gods?

Didn't know whether I loved it or hated it at first. But after the first 5 episodes, it's become one of my favorite shows.

Every day when I look in the mirror.

Giving this thread a little bump.

anyone watching anything new?

Im still on the American Gods loop and finishing up House of Cards.

Also bracing for impact because next month, GAME OF THRONES is releasing it's new season so im re-watching season 6 to try and get a quick recap.

I fell in love with LivePD..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

New season of Luther starting soon.. decent show for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Not a TV show, but there is a 'channel' on Roku that shows live cameras from several areas around NYC. We just got the Roku Friday and I have checked out the different cameras at different times of the day just to see what these areas look like. I have always wanted to visit NYC but have never had the chance. Friday night I looked at the one at Times Square and Broadway and I didn't actually believe it was live at first because it was so bright from all the electronic billboards and signs, it still looked like it was daytime. The camera did pan up and I could see the skyline in the distance and it was dark out like it is at 10pm but it was still so weird looking.

I wonder what people who live down there do to keep the lights out of their apartments. That would drive me nuts.

Also, anyone who has been to NYC and by the Red Ladder, have you ever seen the group of guys who do some sort of street show? There is a camera there showing the side of the Red Ladder and I don't know if it's just a weekend thing, but it's something that has been going on since Friday night. I haven't watched an entire show because I've had stuff to do, all I know is they're talking to the crowd and get people to stand in a line and something happens that I haven't managed to see the conclusion of yet. Every time I think they're near the end I have to go do something and I miss it. I've tried to find it online but no success so far.

I just turned it on to be sure I had the camera locations right and even now on a Sunday evening there are a ton of people down there. This angle says 7th Ave and Broadway and it points straight at the Times Square building where the ball drops on NYE. I remember about 10 years ago, Jacksonville was really trying to get folks to move back into the downtown area and get businesses back there to revitalize the area. Make it more like the big cities it wants to be. Downtown Jax is dead on the weekends. I couldn't imagine it being even remotely like NYC or other big cities.