Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

Is there already a general TV shows thread?

Anyway, anyone been watching Sherlock (BBC UK TV Show) with Benedict Cumberbach & Martin Freeman?

I've been a fan for years, but this series was odd.. very enjoyable, but odd.

Also watching Ballers.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love Sherlock, and you're right, it's odd. Ballers is filmed in South Florida and they use the football stadium and facilities at Florida Atlantic University for filming. My son has watched the film a few times now, and he's always excited because he loves Dule Hill from his work in Psych.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Why would anyone want to watch brit TV shows?

I prefer All In The Family re-runs, documentaries, news and sports (in no particular order) when I watch TV.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I had to give up on Ballers. Way too formulaic for me.

I just started The Travelers on Netflix. It has my attention so far.

Quote:I love Sherlock, and you're right, it's odd. Ballers is filmed in South Florida and they use the football stadium and facilities at Florida Atlantic University for filming. My son has watched the film a few times now, and he's always excited because he loves Dule Hill from his work in Psych.

Have you seen the finale from this years Sherlock?

Quote:Why would anyone want to watch brit TV shows?

I prefer All In The Family re-runs, documentaries, news and sports (in no particular order) when I watch TV.

We make some good TV too..

Quote:We make some good TV too..

LOL.  Just jerking your chain a bit.  Actually I used to love watching Benny Hill.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:LOL.  Just jerking your chain a bit.  Actually I used to love watching Benny Hill.

Really?... No wonder your view on British TV is skewed :woot:

Quote:We make some good TV too..

I like Broadchurch.

Quote:I like Broadchurch.

That Sir, is very good.

I like Broadchurch and Sherlock Holmes. I'm on S2 of SH. Cumberbatch and Freeman play well off each other. The beginning of the first episode of S2 when Sherlock is sulking and acting like a child was brilliant. He's really good at displaying any emotion at any time with the flip of a switch. All that hair though.....

I'm watching another show from Norway called Occupied. Very interesting so far. I looked it up after watching Nobel which was fantastic IMO. Both are on Netflix. Aksel Hennie is a good actor. I watched him In Norway's Headhunter (movie) last night and his character is a complete 180 from that in Nobel. I'm not a fan of watching shows with subtitles but so far I'm good with these shows.

I'm also watching Longmire, The Blacklist, Hawaii Five-0, Person of Interest and various movies and such on Netflix and Amazon. Waiting for the second half of Vikings S4, The Americans and Orphan Black to come out on Amazon. Just finished Goliath on Amazon. That was quite a miniseries. 

Quote:I like Broadchurch and Sherlock Holmes. I'm on S2 of SH. Cumberbatch and Freeman play well off each other. The beginning of the first episode of S2 when Sherlock is sulking and acting like a child was brilliant. He's really good at displaying any emotion at any time with the flip of a switch. All that hair though.....

I'm watching another show from Norway called Occupied. Very interesting so far. I looked it up after watching Nobel which was fantastic IMO. Both are on Netflix. Aksel Hennie is a good actor. I watched him In Norway's Headhunter (movie) last night and his character is a complete 180 from that in Nobel. I'm not a fan of watching shows with subtitles but so far I'm good with these shows.

I'm also watching Longmire, The Blacklist, Hawaii Five-0, Person of Interest and various movies and such on Netflix and Amazon. Waiting for the second half of Vikings S4, The Americans and Orphan Black to come out on Amazon. Just finished Goliath on Amazon. That was quite a miniseries. 

Occupied was good.. my wife loved The Blacklist, it wasn't for me.. We're going to watch The Man in the High Castle at some point.

I loved Martin Freeman in the UK (and original) version of The Office.

Quote:Occupied was good.. my wife loved The Blacklist, it wasn't for me.. We're going to watch The Man in the High Castle at some point.

I loved Martin Freeman in the UK (and original) version of The Office.
I never could get into The Office. I tried, but is was a no go. Some of the shows I watch are for mindless television viewing and some are because they're just really interesting. 

I watch a couple of episodes of a CNN production called The Eighties that has several episodes that touch on different things that were significant during that decade. I turned 10 in 1982 so I grew up in the 80's and watching the episodes focused on television, shows, and trends of tv shows gave me a better understanding of my viewing habits now. There is an entire episode about MTV that I look forward to watching. I remember I was 9 when it came on and took over a station I watched cartoons on. I guess I witnessed history when I watched the debut but at the time I was mad as heck that my cartoons were gone. Lol. Of course, then we all became obsessed with it. That's back when it was still a good product. 

One thing of interest was the Big Three ABC, CBS and NBC were all bought by corporations back then which changed how everything was done from regular shows to news to talk shows. Suddenly everything was about ratings and it turned into what we Americans can now 'enjoy' as some really good shows being cancelled, some in the middle of their first season, for low ratings while other really craptastic shows stay on forever. The biggest tragedy to come out of that was the cancellation of Firefly. 

Quote:I never could get into The Office. I tried, but is was a no go. Some of the shows I watch are for mindless television viewing and some are because they're just really interesting. 

I watch a couple of episodes of a CNN production called The Eighties that has several episodes that touch on different things that were significant during that decade.
I turned 10 in 1982 so I grew up in the 80's and watching the episodes focused on television, shows, and trends of tv shows gave me a better understanding of my viewing habits now. There is an entire episode about MTV that I look forward to watching. I remember I was 9 when it came on and took over a station I watched cartoons on. I guess I witnessed history when I watched the debut but at the time I was mad as heck that my cartoons were gone. Lol. Of course, then we all became obsessed with it. That's back when it was still a good product. 

One thing of interest was the Big Three ABC, CBS and NBC were all bought by corporations back then which changed how everything was done from regular shows to news to talk shows. Suddenly everything was about ratings and it turned into what we Americans can now 'enjoy' as some really good shows being cancelled, some in the middle of their first season, for low ratings while other really craptastic shows stay on forever. The biggest tragedy to come out of that was the cancellation of Firefly. 

I watched the Eighties and the Seventies and now the Sixties (about 4 eps in).  I think the series is pretty remarkable and touches mostly on the headlines but seems to focus on the important headlines.  It's very well done.  I think they have one now for the Nineties but I haven't run across that one yet.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I watched the Eighties and the Seventies and now the Sixties (about 4 eps in).  I think the series is pretty remarkable and touches mostly on the headlines but seems to focus on the important headlines.  It's very well done.  I think they have one now for the Nineties but I haven't run across that one yet.
I was thinking after watching the MTV episode earlier that I probably should have started with The Sixties. They're all in my queue to watch but I guess nostalgia was the motivator for me to start with The Eighties. Lol. That MTV episode definitely brought back some good memories. I didn't realize Michael Jackson was the reason black singers/groups were even allowed on the station. But I was a kid and didn't see the world like adults do. I just saw THE people from the radio. records and cassette tapes on TV and that was the coolest thing ever. I didn't care who they were.

Taboo?

Huh

My mornings are exactly the same every single day. I have to take my chemotherapy first thing, then rest for 2 hours afterward. So, after doing my prescription boogie, I lay down to 2 hours of Burn Notice re-runs. I have yet to find a show that captures me like that one does.

I really hope a new one comes out that does, because there is only so many times I can see a show before it begins to bore me.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Anyone watching Frontier?

I'm on the fence so far.

Has anyone seen Sneaky Pete yet?

Going to watch is soon, just wondered what the vibe on here was..

I watch a handful at the moment:

Game of Thrones - HBO

Taboo - FX

The Walking Dead - AMC

Vikings - History 

Black Sails - Starz

Black Mirrors - Netflix Original 

Peaky Blinders - Netflix Original 

Bloodline - Netflix Original 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."