Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno Smith is for real, Ill eat my crow

(12-07-2017, 12:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 12:05 AM)Eric1 Wrote: You clearly said Manziel had a "big arm"... Does that not imply that you believe he had a strong arm.. AKA able to throw the ball far? If not, please enlighten me because it sure doesn't mean accuracy, or touch on passes.

No, big arm isn't all about how far you can throw the ball.  Its about fitting the ball in tight windows, big arm being able to make every throw if need be.  You need the arm strength to put enough zip on the ball in certain situations not just throw the ball far.  Stick around and you will learn a thing or two.

You should take your own advice on the bolded honestly lol. A big arm has always and will always be referred to as a strong arm. Somebody who can throw the ball a mile.

Manziel had zero touch and accuracy. He had 1 go to, run around and throw up a prayer for Mike Evans. I'll admit he had a fairly strong arm, but as Kurt Warner classically put it, "not once have I ever thrown a football as hard as I could, in a football game". There's far more things that come into QB play than just having arm strength.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-28-2014, 03:26 PM)Thundersnow Wrote: Was this thread being sarcastic? Smith is awful

No sir, this thread wasn’t being sarcastic at all. Just posting on the board what I see.

(11-07-2022, 12:02 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 03:26 PM)Thundersnow Wrote: Was this thread being sarcastic? Smith is awful

No sir, this thread wasn’t being sarcastic at all. Just posting on the board what I see.

Lol, 8 years later?  It only took him 9 years and 4 teams to figure it out.

(10-28-2014, 04:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This should be the crow eating thread for all the people that wanted us to draft him.  I still think Manziel will be one of if not the best qb out of this class along with Bortles.  If not I'll eat crow for wanting Manziel
Remember when I said to stop bringing up posts for people saying they were “comical”…..

This is why hahaha

You thought Bortles AND Manziel would be good?!

(11-07-2022, 08:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 04:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This should be the crow eating thread for all the people that wanted us to draft him.  I still think Manziel will be one of if not the best qb out of this class along with Bortles.  If not I'll eat crow for wanting Manziel
Remember when I said to stop bringing up posts for people saying they were “comical”…..

This is why hahaha

Manziel would have but he had a substance abuse problems.  Blackmon was great and a HOF but he had a issue as well.  Matt Jones had potential as well but the same.  Some have the talent but get involved with the wrong [BLEEP] and choose that over football.

It's been fun watching the Seahawks and Geno so far. Nothing better than the projected cellar-dweller in the NFC West leading at the halfway mark.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-07-2022, 08:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Remember when I said to stop bringing up posts for people saying they were “comical”…..

This is why hahaha

Manziel would have but he had a substance abuse problems.  Blackmon was great and a HOF but he had a issue as well.  Matt Jones had potential as well but the same.  Some have the talent but get involved with the wrong [BLEEP] and choose that over football.

I don’t want to get involved in the back and forth stuff, but your comment made me think of a player that had substance abuse issues and Jimmy Smith came to mind. I guess some players are still beasts even with substance problems. 

In my opinion Manziel was just simply not good enough. Even if he didn’t have substance problems.

This Geno Smith thing is crazy. Great to see him succeed. Hope he can keep it up and not flop like Tommy Maddox when he had his resurrection with the Steelers, only to then choke by throwing pic 6 to Rashean Mathis, then to come home to a home that had been landscaped with scattered trash and toilet paper over the trees. LOL.

Geno Smiths play is by far the biggest surprise of the season for me

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2022, 09:49 AM by Mikey.)

(11-07-2022, 06:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Manziel would have but he had a substance abuse problems.  Blackmon was great and a HOF but he had a issue as well.  Matt Jones had potential as well but the same.  Some have the talent but get involved with the wrong [BLEEP] and choose that over football.

I don’t want to get involved in the back and forth stuff, but your comment made me think of a player that had substance abuse issues and Jimmy Smith came to mind. I guess some players are still beasts even with substance problems. 

In my opinion Manziel was just simply not good enough. Even if he didn’t have substance problems.

Johnny Pigskin was a VERY good college player. Sometimes that's just not enough to translate to the next level. Substances didn't have as much to do with things as maturity. For some of those collegiate stars that don't immediately translate, they put in work and improve their game, the lazy ones fizzle out of the league in a flash.

(11-07-2022, 07:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: This Geno Smith thing is crazy.  Great to see him succeed.  Hope he can keep it up and not flop like Tommy Maddox when he had his resurrection with the Steelers, only to then choke by throwing pic 6 to Rashean Mathis, then to come home to a home that had been landscaped with scattered trash and toilet paper over the trees.  LOL.

Pittsburgh is home to the classiest people, it is known.

(shouldn't throw stones, though, some Clevelanders were disgusting with how they treated Earnest Byner.)

(11-07-2022, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Geno Smiths play is by far the biggest surprise of the season for me

Funny thing, can he even be awarded Comeback Player of the Year? Not like he was hurt, he was just relegated to backup jobs for years.

I'd certainly give him a vote, esp if he can get that team to the postseason. Nobody thought they would be worth anything.