Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno Smith is for real, Ill eat my crow

Watched a most of the Monday night game.  Geno Smith is no franchise QB.  I'd take Garrard over Geno Smith.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He made some nice throws and all but I'm still not sold on him as a Franchise QB.

geno definitely looked pretty good at times. there was one point where he was slinging the ball around with a lot of zip and carving up the defense....................and then................ threw a pick in the end zone.

as someone else pointed out, he just needs to learn to throw the ball away when nothing is there instead of forcing it into a turnover. he fixes that and he will be A ok.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Not sold on Geno just yet. And from the sound of it, a lot of Jets fans might not be either as some already wanna see Vick.
Only a chump boos the home team!

He's been up and down.  Will look great and then make a weak throw into coverage when he could throw it away or even run sometimes. He's getting better though. 

Admittedly I haven't seen much of Geno.. But what I have seen, eh, I'm not impressed. I'd take Bortles over him any day.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014, 07:37 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I was in the camp that liked him and was mad we didn't draft him last year. I'm glad we ended up with Blake in the end but I would have been happy to have Geno.

The dude can play

Vince Young part deux

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Who cares, Bortles was fate.  Bortles>>>>>>Geno

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Who cares, Bortles was fate. Bortles>>>>>>Geno

100% how I feel now.

I'm shocked to see all this love for geno. I live in NY and watch him play almost every week. He is not very good at all.

Quote:I'm shocked to see all this love for geno. I live in NY and watch him play almost every week. He is not very good at all.
Ya I wasn't sure if this thread was sarcastic or not. Geno looks serviceable at times, but currently I think he hurts more than he helps.

So far, serviceable, but not even remotely close to "franchise".

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

He'd look a lot better with a couple receivers. Kerley as your number 1 target normally wont end well (decker, I know, but he's hurt).

I didn't want him, but i don't thin anyone needs to eat crow.  Had we took him, we wouldn't have drafted Bortles.  I think it's clear who the better QB will be.

Quote:Vince Young part deux

Sure is starting to look that way.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 11:53 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:Which board member coined the term "QB purgatory"?

The Jets are headed in that direction just good enough to stay relevant in December and maybe make the playoffs on a one and done type of season, but not bad enough to be in position to draft a true franchise QB.
Well I take back what I said. The Jets are headed towards irrelevance before December and should be in position to draft another QB....

At the cost of Geno's, Rex's, and possibly Idzik's jobs.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Yeah, Geno is not going to make it.

Welp I was wrong lol

Was this thread being sarcastic? Smith is awful