Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bridgewater struggles in debut

Quote:<crickets>

Too busy inventing conspiracy theories about absent coaches fighting against cancer.

conspiracy theories? 

I guess talking about run blocking consistently being an issue here and in Detroit is somehow now labeled "conspiracy".  

As for Bridge.....it was his first game. Not everyone shines in their first game, but I'm glad Bortles did. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

blah, blah, blah, something about most NFL-ready QB in the draft, blah,blah,blah

:teehee:

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 05:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I did see quite a bit of dink and dunk. I think Bridgewater was afraid to mess up, and while that attitude will probably still win him the starting job over the reckless Cassel, he needs to play the game like he knows how.

Bortles did exactly that and looked great, and we all know Bridgewater is capable of some beautiful throws, so hopefully Bridgewater, for lack of a better phrase, grows a pair
Why?  Would you like him to take shots down the field and throw int.?  Thats what will happen with Teddy if he does.  The lack of arm strength and poor accuracy will show up against a NFL defense

Quote:Why?  Would you like him to take shots down the field and throw int.?  Thats what will happen with Teddy if he does.  The lack of arm strength and poor accuracy will show up against a NFL defense

lol....poor accuracy Laughing 

Quote:lol....poor accuracy Laughing 
Over 10 -15  yds, yes.  You don't watch college so you wouldn't know!

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 07:58 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Over 10 -15  yds, yes.  You don't watch college so you wouldn't know!

yes, maybe if you keep saying it you'll start believing it. 

Not only did I watch almost every Teddy game last season, but the QB metric charts which were on this board in threads in March and April also showed Teddy as accurate and had more balance than many of the top QB prospects in the draft.

You're one who always bashed Teddy, so I'm not surprised that you are still beating the drum. 

Your avatar is beyond stupid, btw. How you somehow think thats clever or cool is laughable. Its practically cringe-worthy. 

Hard to criticize a guy too much on his first start

Quote:Hard to criticize a guy too much on his first start

For most people, yes. 

3.7 YPA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

As much as I want to laugh about this, it's not like Lee was exactly tearing it up out there last night.

That said, the usual suspects are strangely absent from this topic today. Their love child is under attack, and they are nowhere to be found.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Eh...his first game. However, the way he got jerked down for that sack fumble shows his weight concerns were legit.
Huh

Still looks frail to me
;

;

Quote:Texans sure are glad they tanked for Teddy right about no-- errrrr, wait a minute...
It looks like they may STILL be tanking for Teddy. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It looks like they may STILL be tanking for Teddy.
makes me think we stand a chance to compete well in the division.

Quote:makes me think we stand a chance to compete well in the division.

We'll compete....but we're not going to be close to the Colts for the division crown this year. 

Quote:We'll compete....but we're not going to be close to the Colts for the division crown this year.

Because Andrew luck is QB god.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Because Andrew luck is QB god.

No, because Andrew Luck is by far the best QB in the division as well as top 10 in the league. 

Quote:It looks like they may STILL be tanking for Teddy.

The Texans fooled a lot of people the year they went to the playoffs. They're just not very good.

Teddy should be happy he went to Minnesota. He will face a lot less scrutiny there and it to me, looks like right now that's his biggest enemy.

Right now he looks like a guy that might not be strong enough upstairs to translate his college game. The poor pro day and this game are at least starting to paint that picture. I'll give him time though, I watched him a ton at Louisville and would like him to succeed as long as its not at our expense.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:No, because Andrew Luck is by far the best QB in the division as well as top 10 in the league.
I don't think we will be them out but stranger things have happened.

Me thinks Tom Salvage is gonna start getting more reps for Houston.