Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cavs vs Warriors NBA Finals?

I'm not a huge NBA fan. I watch the finals and some playoffs, that's about it. But I like seeing LeBron lose.

I also like Curry as a casual fan.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

KD ruined the NBA.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(06-09-2017, 11:57 AM)Vino Wrote: KD ruined the NBA.
Well this is where you're just flat out wrong.

The Warriors got to this point by drafting Curry 6th overall, Klay 11th overall and Draymond in the 2nd round. This gave them the luxury to sign a top 3 NBA player who became available. It's not KD's fault that teams like the Magic and Sixers just continue to suck. Were you complaining during the 80's when it was all the Celtics and Lakers? Did you complain in the 90s because Jordan ruined the NBA?

Get over it. He made a choice because he knew people would crush him if he had never won a championship. He put himself in a position to win multiple ones.

The bottom line is that the NBA is not a quality product, and hasn't been for a while.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2017, 08:13 PM by nhiverson.)

There is such a huge margin of talent on most teams, next year could be worse if a lof of players like Griffin, Chris Paul and Paul George etc switch to make another super team.
Oh maybe George is not a free agent i thought he was.
No Fun

Last night's game was exceptional. Had a feeling they'd rally back at home in Cleveland. I really do hope this goes all the way down to game seven again. And as polarizing as Lebron James is. I honestly hope he leads this team into yet another victory over the Warriors. Too much fire power in Golden State so it's doubtful. But at least they took a chunk out of their armor last night.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2017, 10:02 AM by JagsorDie.)

Great to see Cleveland take it at least 1. I really didn't want Gs to sweep the final let alone the entire playoffs.

I was Talking to a guy last night and he come up with an interesting idea for the NBA. What if Cleveland were to go out westbrooke? That would make for some love story drama right there.

Cleveland needed a record setting night and the refs in their pocket to barely beat GS. I just don't​ see how they keep up that pace, especially back in Oakland.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(06-11-2017, 12:30 AM)mvannostran Wrote: Cleveland needed a record setting night and the refs in their pocket to barely beat GS. I just don't see how they keep up that pace, especially back in Oakland.

Barely won??? They won by 21. The series should be 2-2

The NBA will make sure this series is at least 6 games long.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2017, 02:47 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(06-10-2017, 10:01 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Great to see Cleveland take it at least 1. I really didn't want Gs to sweep the final let alone the entire playoffs.

I was Talking to a guy last night and he come up with an interesting idea for the NBA. What if Cleveland were to go out westbrooke? That would make for some love story drama right there.

But he doesn't fit them at all! They already have Irving, a all-star point gaurd. Westbrook may be a bit of an upgrade, but not much. Plus he could never work with LeBron. Hes too ball dominant. LeBron needs the offense to go through him to be the most effective, and quite frankly it should. He is the best player in the league.

(06-10-2017, 05:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Last night's game was exceptional. Had a feeling they'd rally back at home in Cleveland. I really do hope this goes all the way down to game seven again. And as polarizing as Lebron James is. I honestly hope he leads this team into yet another victory over the Warriors. Too much fire power in Golden State so it's doubtful. But at least they took a chunk out of their armor last night.

If this goes to 7, I almost have to think it is scripted. Cleveland is just not talented enough to hang with this stacked Warriors team. Even with LeBron. I know they collapsed last year, but adding KD should have fixed that. And last years team was a lot weaker throughout the playoffs than this year.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(06-09-2017, 12:01 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 11:57 AM)Vino Wrote: KD ruined the NBA.
Well this is where you're just flat out wrong.

The Warriors got to this point by drafting Curry 6th overall, Klay 11th overall and Draymond in the 2nd round. This gave them the luxury to sign a top 3 NBA player who became available. It's not KD's fault that teams like the Magic and Sixers just continue to suck. Were you complaining during the 80's when it was all the Celtics and Lakers? Did you complain in the 90s because Jordan ruined the NBA?

Get over it. He made a choice because he knew people would crush him if he had never won a championship. He put himself in a position to win multiple ones.

1) Agree -- KD did not ruin the NBA.  The NBA ruined the NBA with the cap inflation that did not really prevent teams from loading up OR really incentivize players enough to stay with their existing team.

2) You noted the Warriors got to this place through the draft but failed to note they acquired Iguadala who was the Finals MVP 2 seasons ago.

3) Agree- the Magic and Sixers are their own worst enemies

4) Jordan wasn't a free agent so that KG analogy doesn't fit as an example

5) The Celtics and Lakers actually had decent in-conference competition during their title runs in the 80's ...... further supporting the current CBA within the NBA is a failed system

I love the people that say KD ruined the NBA when not long ago three players came together in hopes of building a dynasty in Miami. People so easily forget Lebron did the exact same thing, but want to vilify KD.

(06-12-2017, 10:26 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: I love the people that say KD ruined the NBA when not long ago three players came together in hopes of building a dynasty in Miami.  People so easily forget Lebron did the exact same thing, but want to vilify KD.

That is absolutely correct.  The real problem resides with the fact that there are not other teams in either conference that presents any challenge to either.  At least in the past, Miami had Boston and Indiana to contend for the conference title.  Both of those teams took Miami to a Game 7 in 2012 & 2013 respectively.

Right now, the biggest rip off to the fans is the Conference Playoffs unless you enjoy watching 2 teams compete to see how is going get the opportunity to get their [BLEEP] kicked by GSW and Cleveland.

To be fair, if Kawhi Leonard didn't get hurt in that first game, they may have given them a pretty good run. After that injury, it was all downhill.

(06-12-2017, 10:26 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: I love the people that say KD ruined the NBA when not long ago three players came together in hopes of building a dynasty in Miami.  People so easily forget Lebron did the exact same thing, but want to vilify KD.

Lets not forget Lebron then left a sinking ship to go to a team with including James would have 4 1st overall picks on it.  2 of those picks were then traded to get an at the time premier player in Kevin Love.

So ya Lebron did the same thing, twice.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Man that 23 guy is hell of a defender

Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2017, 11:49 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Warriors redeemeed and officially defeated the Cavaliers 129-120! Kevin Durant finally gets his first NBA Finals ring, 15 minuites before Midnight! Golden State wins the 2017 NBA Finals series in after Game 5, 4 games to 1!!!

The 2 GSW Finals MVPs were acquired via free agency.

The NBA is flawed .... just sayin'

(06-13-2017, 03:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The 2 GSW Finals MVPs were acquired via free agency.

The NBA is flawed .... just sayin'

Lebronss final mvps were acquired in free agency
Go Jags!