Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst 1010XL commercial

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 03:03 PM by The Real Marty.)

(08-02-2017, 02:17 PM)Dakota Wrote: The Underwood commercials. All of them. Clayton Bromberg has to be the single most annoying voice on any commercial.

I agree.  I usually turn the channel when that one comes on.  And the whole concept of jewelry, and how much one "should" spend on it, offends my sense of logic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-03-2017, 12:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm actually beginning to dislike the sound of Ballou saying anything. Advertisement or not.

Man, I really do not respect that man at all.

My issues with him are: 1. His home bar he talks about and 2. how he seems like a creeper when he compliments the women on the station.
Huh

(08-03-2017, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 02:17 PM)Dakota Wrote: The Underwood commercials. All of them. Clayton Bromberg has to be the single most annoying voice on any commercial.

I agree.  I usually turn the channel when that one comes on.  And the whole concept of jewelry, and how much one "should" spend on it, offends my sense of logic.

The one that really gets me is the one where he talks about cutting flaws, then proceeds to say that a normal person can't see them. Well, If a person can't tell, why the hell would they spend thousands more for a diamond that looks just like the "flawed" one?

That is the truly idiotic commercial from him.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(08-03-2017, 05:57 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree.  I usually turn the channel when that one comes on.  And the whole concept of jewelry, and how much one "should" spend on it, offends my sense of logic.

The one that really gets me is the one where he talks about cutting flaws, then proceeds to say that a normal person can't see them. Well, If a person can't tell, why the hell would they spend thousands more for a diamond that looks just like the "flawed" one?

Resale value, thats why you need a jewler you can trust.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-03-2017, 12:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm actually beginning to dislike the sound of Ballou saying anything. Advertisement or not.

Man, I really do not respect that man at all.

I'm the same way with Prosser. I really, really dislike him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Well now there's a Farrah and Farrah commercial and the guy has such a bad lisp....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The girl from Ideal Image laser hair removal that is always talking about her hairy boyfriend drives me nuts.

1010XL is nothing but commercials. It's the House of Commercials. Endless commercials. I timed an 8-minute commercial break one time. There must have been 50 commercials in a row. Literally.

(08-10-2017, 06:59 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: The girl from Ideal Image laser hair removal that is always talking about her hairy boyfriend drives me nuts.

I have 0 problem making my wife take care of my manscaping. No need to pay someone.
Huh

We used to have a 1010XL hate thread going here, and didn't want to start a new thread for this.

I used to stick up a bit for Hacker, but the past couple weeks he's really gotten on my nerves. Last Tuesday he was killing the Jags, everything about them. Then callers would come in and he would ridicule the callers with his side kick. It was next to unlistenable.

Then when he's on the radio this week he acts like none of that happened. He's garbage. Stick to Gridiron Now where nobody hears from you. He's Frangies boy so he'll get a spot on the radio.

As long as Frangie has any say in the operation of 1010xl, Hacker will have a job. Frangie loves him.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-14-2017, 10:55 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: We used to have a 1010XL hate thread going here, and didn't want to start a new thread for this.

I used to stick up a bit for Hacker, but the past couple weeks he's really gotten on my nerves.  Last Tuesday he was killing the Jags, everything about them.  Then callers would come in and he would ridicule the callers with his side kick.  It was next to unlistenable.

Then when he's on the radio this week he acts like none of that happened.  He's garbage.  Stick to Gridiron Now where nobody hears from you.  He's Frangies boy so he'll get a spot on the radio.

I think doing the post-game for the past 4 years got the best of him.  Imagine doing sports talk radio and speaking of the Jags for 1400 straight days then having to take phone calls for 3 hours after each game listening to the fans complain about a product that totally sucks.  At least I could switch to another game, Hacker has to make it his life 24/7 --- gotta be painful.

I actually like most of our radio personalities here in Jax.

(09-14-2017, 02:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 10:55 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: We used to have a 1010XL hate thread going here, and didn't want to start a new thread for this.

I used to stick up a bit for Hacker, but the past couple weeks he's really gotten on my nerves.  Last Tuesday he was killing the Jags, everything about them.  Then callers would come in and he would ridicule the callers with his side kick.  It was next to unlistenable.

Then when he's on the radio this week he acts like none of that happened.  He's garbage.  Stick to Gridiron Now where nobody hears from you.  He's Frangies boy so he'll get a spot on the radio.

I think doing the post-game for the past 4 years got the best of him.  Imagine doing sports talk radio and speaking of the Jags for 1400 straight days then having to take phone calls for 3 hours after each game listening to the fans complain about a product that totally sucks.  At least I could switch to another game, Hacker has to make it his life 24/7 --- gotta be painful.

I actually like most of our radio personalities here in Jax.

Me too, for the most part.  I can handle all of them in small doses.  I used to be ok with Hacker, but recently he's really gotten to me.  I can't stand constant negativity.

"Hi, this it Tony Boselli. I really love the ginormous sammiches at Daily's Place."

Next commercial:

"Hi, this is Tony Boselli. I used to be fat but Doctor Raphael Foss, DCDPCSDDTSDRSMRSA made me skinny with his special program"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-24-2017, 08:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "Hi, this it Tony Boselli. I really love the ginormous sammiches at Daily's Place."

Next commercial:

"Hi, this is Tony Boselli. I used to be fat but Doctor Raphael Foss, DCDPCSDDTSDRSMRSA made me skinny with his special program"

Boselli is coin operated. Whoever is paying gets an endorsement.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-24-2017, 03:10 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 08:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "Hi, this it Tony Boselli. I really love the ginormous sammiches at Daily's Place."

Next commercial:

Boselli is coin operated. Whoever is paying gets an endorsement.

It's more that the producer seems tone deaf in putting those two commercials back to back.

(08-03-2017, 05:57 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree.  I usually turn the channel when that one comes on.  And the whole concept of jewelry, and how much one "should" spend on it, offends my sense of logic.

So true !!