Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:http://jax.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Hug...s-50008452

This has to be a joke right??

It's a report leaked from a rival university during recruiting season. No way. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Matt Castle says hi.  He looked like the next great QB. It's that system that bill belicheck and his staff have up there in place.  Bill has the keys to success outside of just cheating. 

Cassell went to a pro-bowl and took the chiefs to the playoffs with a very bad team during constant rebuilding. Average QB yeah and ultimately fizzled but it was a good move at the time. He was 20-28 in 4 years, threw 59 TD's  and had two decent seasons 1 bad and 1 miserable so it is what it is, he was pretty sub par but hindsight still shows something interesting: 

They gave up a 2nd round pick and Passed on Josh Freeman and Mark Sanchez in 2009

Tebow, Claussen, McCoy in 2010

**They would have had to pick 1st to get Bradford or Stafford

In relation to what was available within 2 drafts, and the production they got from Cassel, they made the better move 

Quote:I'd just trade for Jimmy G. Instant upgrade, and learned from the best.

Quote:Agreed. I think Jimmy G is the read deal.
Okay let me get this straight.  A guy who has limited starts at qb is okay.  Yet a interim hc with limited starts is not?  

How does that make any sense?  Is it okay only if you feel it is?  Cause same rules don't apply to everyone? 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Okay let me get this straight. A guy who has limited starts at qb is okay. Yet a interim hc with limited starts is not?

How does that make any sense? Is it okay only if you feel it is? Cause same rules don't apply to everyone?
wait whos the interim coach with limited starts here? Marrone?

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 01:17 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:wait whos the interim coach with limited starts here? Marrone?
Yes marrone cant be the new hc cause of body of work. Yet jimmy can be our qb with same body of work. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Yes marrone cant be the new hc cause of body of work. Yet jimmy can be our qb with same body of work.
Marrones body of work isnt limited so i dont see the comparison. But i hope neither of them have anything to do with us.

Quote:Umm, Gabbert never had a season close to Bortles 2015. Theres a large difference.
Gabbert hasnt even had a season close to this year either.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I'd just trade for Jimmy G. Instant upgrade, and learned from the best.
haha the statistical probability of any qb that sat behind Brady doin anything is hiighlarious look at the track record jack if we're just throwing ridiculous names out there hoping one will stick CHARLIE WHITEHURST IS MY DAAAAWG!!!!

Quote:Yes marrone cant be the new hc cause of body of work. Yet jimmy can be our qb with same body of work.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Marrone'>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Marrone</a>

Marrone has 25 years of coaching experience and 5 years experience being the lead guy in charge. What's limited about that?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Sam Kouvaris tweet from about 15 minutes ago:

"As it appears the Jaguars have moved on from the idea of Tom Coughlin as the head coach the criteria are: HC experience, winner, tight ship"

Can't find another message like this elsewhere.

@Nick_Wojton John Clayton told WGR Tom Coughlin would prefer #Bills over #Jaguars as a potential landing spot

He wants too much control most likely if the rumors are true. Oh well, next.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:@Nick_Wojton John Clayton told WGR Tom Coughlin would prefer #Bills over #Jaguars as a potential landing spot

And how in the world would John Clayton know that?   Coughlin is way too smart to tell anyone that. 

Quote:Sam Kouvaris tweet from about 15 minutes ago:

"As it appears the Jaguars have moved on from the idea of Tom Coughlin as the head coach the criteria are: HC experience, winner, tight ship"

Can't find another message like this elsewhere.

That's two sentences run together that make no sense the way they are combined.   The Jags have moved on from Coughlin because they want a guy just like Coughlin?  

Quote:And how in the world would John Clayton know that?   Coughlin is way too smart to tell anyone that. 

Coughlin and Clayton used to ride dinosaurs together back when they were in college so they are probably pretty tight. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Claytom and Kouvaris arent really too reliable. That tweet of Kouvaris is hilarious. He pretty much defined Coughlin after he said we're moving on.

Id prefer someone else after taking things into account. But I dont take Clayton serious, esp. when reports are that they are hiring Lynn.

I'm warming to the idea of Marrone as a real candidate. He sounds intelligent, knows what he's doing, and has been successful at both the college and Pro level.

It keeps the offensive system relatively intact, allowing Bortles to focus on mechanics and fundamentals more than learning a new system. (Hackett hinted at this in his press conference)

I'm not saying he's necessarily my top choice right now, or the best choice right now. But he should get serious consideration.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'm warming to the idea of Marrone as a real candidate. He sounds intelligent, knows what he's doing, and has been successful at both the college and Pro level.

It keeps the offensive system relatively intact, allowing Bortles to focus on mechanics and fundamentals more than learning a new system. (Hackett hinted at this in his press conference)

I'm not saying he's necessarily my top choice right now, or the best choice right now. But he should get serious consideration.

Thats how I feel in the last paragraph.

Not my top choice, but I think hed be a good hire. Not based off one game, based on what hes done before.

Quote:Umm, Gabbert never had a season close to Bortles 2015. Theres a large difference.

This. Gabbert had one throw to Shorts so apples and oranges.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:I'm warming to the idea of Marrone as a real candidate. He sounds intelligent, knows what he's doing, and has been successful at both the college and Pro level.

We dont want anything intact from this last coaching administration. We are trying to turn the ship around. Whatever Gus did didnt work, from defense to offense to coaching style to game planning to the environment in the locker room. People are riding a high because we won a nice game last weekend. I was there, it was a sweet victory and it really was a bright spot in a terrible season. But I'm not convinced it was the interim head coach who's solely responsible for this. I think a lot of this game was pride. The players played with their hearts on their sleeves and many keep mentioning the fact of the fans and wanting them to have a victory for the holidays. I think the emotional aspect of the game really played a big part in the victory. 

I would not be opposed to Marrone as a candidate, I just dont know enough to make the judgment that he is a good coach. Gus dropped a 50 burger on Indy, does that make him a good coach? When things are not going well, will Marrone walk out on the team like he did with Buffalo? 

Ive made my case for Coughlin, but if the team doesn't go that direction, I still firmly believe in brining someone outside of the building. I believe that will bring a cultural shock to a locker room that got a little too comfy and lackadaisical. A team like Buffalo, who isnt bad but fired their head coach because of obvious internal fighting amongst the owner, personnel department and coaching staff is more keen to hire within. Buffalo was literally 1 game away from getting to a wild card. Jacksonville has 3 wins. 

If I was the owner or GM and I saw the track record with the current coaching staff, most of them aren't even in consideration for their own jobs, thats up for the new head coach, I'm not looking to keep intact a culture that went 14-48 over a 4 year period.