Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

@Nfltrade_rumors Jay Glazer confirmed Tom Coughlin will interview with #Jaguars and noted that Coughlin isn't a Blake Bortles fan. Interview will be next week for the HC position.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sweet already isn't going to deal with Blake. He could find a better QB
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

So that means he wont get position because the love Dave has for Blake.

Quote:So that means he wont get position because the love Dave has for Blake.

Winning is all that matters. Screw pride. Dave needs to admit his mistake and not try to force a lost cause.

Quote:Winning is all that matters. Screw pride. Dave needs to admit his mistake and not try to force a lost cause.

He did flat out say during his PC that he's not holding any coach to Bortles (or any other player) so I'm confident it won't be an issue
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:So that means he wont get position because the love Dave has for Blake.

I don't see Dave shying away from kicking Blake to the curb if that's what the next HC wants, however, I'm not yet convinced that Blake can't be fixed.

'02

Quote:He did flat out say during his PC that he's not holding any coach to Bortles (or any other player) so I'm confident it won't be an issue

Didn't watch it, just read everyone commenting on it. That's encouraging.

Itd be dumb of Coughlin not to give Blake a chance. We arent getting any franchise guy this offseason unless we hit it bit with a mid rd pick.

Blake SHOULD be given a chance to be our guy. See if he works on his mechanics and look more like 2015 come TC. Bortles presents more upside than anyone we're getting.

Definitely bring in another solid qb option, just saying.

Quote:Itd be dumb of Coughlin not to give Blake a chance. We arent getting any franchise guy this offseason unless we hit it bit with a mid rd pick.

Blake SHOULD be given a chance to be our guy. See if he works on his mechanics and look more like 2015 come TC. Bortles presents more upside than anyone we're getting.

Definitely bring in another solid qb option, just saying.

I'd just trade for Jimmy G. Instant upgrade, and learned from the best.

Quote:I'd just trade for Jimmy G. Instant upgrade, and learned from the best.

Agreed. I think Jimmy G is the read deal.

Blake bortles will get the next coach fired along with Caldwell. I've seen this movie before

Yeah, cause that works out so well when teams trade with New England.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

People saying the same things about Bortles they did with Gabbert. Give him more time, lets see if he can be fixed, he has the tools blah blah blah.

Quote:People saying the same things about Bortles they did with Gabbert. Give him more time, lets see if he can be fixed, he has the tools blah blah blah.

Yep. Some need to trust their eyes not their feelings.

If we could pull it off and whoever we hire likes him I'm all for it.

It rarely works though is what scares me. Look at Mallett, Osweiler, guy in GB who went to SEA, etc. Lot og these developmental guys dont end up being near as good as their hyped.

Me and my armchair will be interviewing in Dave's office on Jan. 2.

Quote:Blake bortles will get the next coach fired along with Caldwell. I've seen this movie before

Bortles is going into year 4 and is gone if he doesnt turn it around next year...so I dont think so.

Quote:People saying the same things about Bortles they did with Gabbert. Give him more time, lets see if he can be fixed, he has the tools blah blah blah.

Umm, Gabbert never had a season close to Bortles 2015. Theres a large difference.

Quote:Yep. Some need to trust their eyes not their feelings.

The best QB's are the ones who can do more with less. Blake Bortles has an arsenal of weapons that most QBs drool over and he continuously fails to maximize the opportunities when the plays are there. He's at the point where he just plays "hope and pray" offense where he throws it up and hopes for a miracle catch or a PI call. Its sickening to watch. Practice squad QBs are more efficient.

Quote:If we could pull it off and whoever we hire likes him I'm all for it.

It rarely works though is what scares me. Look at Mallett, Osweiler, guy in GB who went to SEA, etc. Lot og these developmental guys dont end up being near as good as their hyped.

Mallet and Osweiler never looked like Jimmy G did at the beginning of the season. He actually looks like a good QB, not a product of the NE system.