Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

[Image: 9d7dbc83cc34bc9ce964702f90bd3683.png]

Front page of NFL.com, it's legit guys!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow. This would be massive if we can pull this one off.

Quote:plus no state income tax. I'm guessing Ohio does have that...

They sure do.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I hope we get him.  We would be one guard away from having a very solid O-line.

This would be the type of move I've been waiting to see. Even if it doesn't get down, Caldwell showed me he would look at every option regardless of cost.

SI already gave us an A for our free agency even before this signing (should it happen). Would we earn the "+" after it? I'd say so. 

please please please!!! 

Quote:I hope we get him.  We would be one guard away from having a very solid O-line.
IMHO, if we get him the line would be very solid regardless of who is at guard.  That many competent guys on a line should make up for anyone playing at G

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

It is likely Caldwell knows something that is not public.  A little bit of info that might make a big difference in signing Mack.  Also, it could just be an attitude of nothing to lose.

Quote:IMHO, if we get him the line would be very solid regardless of who is at guard.  That many competent guys on a line should make up for anyone playing at G
Probably, and we can likely find a guard in the draft that can run the ZBS, and can probably be had in the 4th round.

Quote:IMHO, if we get him the line would be very solid regardless of who is at guard.  That many competent guys on a line should make up for anyone playing at G

Well then we'd have LT - Joeckel, LG-Beadles, C-Mack, RG- from draft, RT, Pazstor

Definitely better than last years. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but Mack like Beadles is also a fit in the ZBS OL scheme

Can't remember where or when it was but I recall someone asking Caldwell being asked about Mack and his transition tag and he replied by saying it's suspicious.....to paraphrase. Guess he continued to do his homework

Quote:Can't remember where or when it was but I recall someone asking Caldwell being asked about Mack and his transition tag and he replied by saying it's suspicious.....to paraphrase. Guess he continued to do his homework
Suspicious as in, Cleveland won't really try to match?  I ask because it sounds like Mack wants out and CLE is not going to contend next year.  DO they tie up that money in a guy who will walk the following year, or use it to signup some of the younger talent a year early?

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 08:31 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Suspicious as in, Cleveland won't really try to match?  I ask because it sounds like Mack wants out and CLE is not going to contend next year.  DO they tie up that money in a guy who will walk the following year, or use it to signup some of the younger talent a year early?

Yeah, i think Cleveland was foolish to transition him....he doesn't want to be there, and they won't be contending anytime soon. 

I was wondering...

is this something that if the Jags threw them a pick like say a 5th rounder (we have 3) that Cleve would agree not to match?.... (can transition players be traded like that?)

Quote: 

is this something that if the Jags threw them a pick like say a 5th rounder (we have 3) that Cleve would agree not to match?.... (can transition players be traded like that?)
Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

Quote:Suspicious as in, Cleveland won't really try to match?  I ask because it sounds like Mack wants out and CLE is not going to contend next year.  DO they tie up that money in a guy who will walk the following year, or use it to signup some of the younger talent a year early?

Caldwell didn't say it was suspicious, he said "dicey". Meaning that since Mack was tagged that there was more involved than just brining him in and offering him a deal. At the time, to me at least, it just sounded more like he was politely trying to avoid the question, which would have meant he was interested in him. Well, obviously he is interested now. I don't think there is any "suspicion" in Mack himself in any way.

Quote:Yeah, i think Cleveland was foolish to transition him....he doesn't want to be there, and they won't be contending anytime soon. 

I was wondering...

Their arrow is pointing up, though.  If they grab Watkins and they have a QB pan out between their next pick and Hoyer, their offense can become the best in that division.  They have a good front 7 on defense too.

Jaguars need to make the best offer they can for Alex Mack, if the Browns match it oh well if not we get a great player

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

If we were able to grab Mack from Cleveland, this could potentially help us 2 - fold.

Now obviously a team would never take a Center at 4 in the draft but from what I understand, the whole right side of their line, Center - Guard - Tackle, would need upgrading. If this is true there could be a strong feeling of needing to draft some O-line help, possibly Greg Robinson to lock down the right side of their line.

If this is the case, it very well could put us in a great spot to trade down with a team who may have their hearts set on Robinson.

Would be a massive upgrade on the oline

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]