Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/4/5/55...free-agent

Alfie confirmed with 2 different sources so sounds like its for real this time. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man I hope we can pull this off. If we do it'll cost us, but in the long run it will be worth it.

I feel warm inside.

That's what up. Why not We got the cash to burn and then some.

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 04:56 PM by Jinjo.)

The thing is, the Browns have more cap than us. Why would they not match any reasonable offer? The only way for them to not match is extremely overpay but then wouldnt that be a bad thing for us? 

Quote:The thing is, the Browns have more cap than us. Why would they not match any reasonable offer? The only way for them to not match is extremely overpay but then wouldnt that be a bad thing for us?
I thought the only team with more cap then us was the raiders?

Gusjuice >>> Cleveland

Nice! Hope it gets done. Would be an underrated signing
Shock the world

Quote:The thing is, the Browns have more cap than us. Why would they not match any reasonable offer? The only way for them to not match is extremely overpay but then wouldnt that be a bad thing for us? 
They do? I'm not disputing that, but I've never heard that before.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

This would be the best move of the off-season.

Quote:Gusjuice >>> Cleveland
Truth!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I thought the only team with more cap then us was the raiders?

Could be wrong. I didnt think the Browns were that active in FA and we were close to begin with. 

Front load him a big pay day and force the Browns to make a decision. Doesn't hurt to try and we got the space.

<p class=""><b>Mike Garafolo</b> @MikeGarafolo

<p class="">Though Alex Mack's visit with the Jaguars is over, there are ongoing discussions between the sides, source says.

<p class=""> 

<p class=""><b>Alfie</b><span> @AlfieBCC</span>

<p class="">Browns currently have $30.8M in cap room. #Jaguars have $25M. Jags can afford a big deal for Mack, if they want

I thought we'd have to give up a pick or somethin

Quote:I thought we'd have to give up a pick or somethin

Nope. We just offer a contract and the Browns get a chance match said offer.

The thing to remember with this is if the Browns wanted Mack long term, they would have signed him to a contract. I don't think the fact the Cleveland has the cap space necessarily means anything significant.

The Secret World of Alex Mack, yo!

I'm hoping......but I'm not expecting a signing. Don't think we'll pony up the kind of money he wants. Still, maybe he'll consider the no state tax and playing for Gus.......and with a team on the rise....

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/452559754725179393' title="5:33 PM - 5 Apr 2014">7m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">League source estimated a Mack offer sheet would need to include "$22 million fully guaranteed over first 3 yrs of deal," to make Cleve pass

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

That doesn't seem like that high of a number to get Cleveland out of the mix.