Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Well 0-1... at least Lester didn't get shelled and Sizemore seems to be on a terror.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

year of the oriole :thumbsup:

I hope :whistling:

Quote:year of the oriole :thumbsup:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mr7mQuGmp0'>http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mr7mQuGmp0</a>

Walk off Home Run for the win in the 10th! Pirates starting off right!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

A friend of mine, lady I use to work with husband plays for the Orioles. Good dude.

;

Quote:Don't forget Greg Maddux, sounds like a Blue Cross Blue Shield employee. 

That's funny. I have no idea what it means, but it's funny.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mr7mQuGmp0
datswassup  fansince69

Quote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mr7mQuGmp0

Man, I love the way the whole Baltimore roster is being pieced together.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Man, I love the way the whole Baltimore roster is being pieced together.

Aside from Toronto, that is a really strong division. The Rays are off to a good start too.

Quote:Aside from Toronto, that is a really strong division. The Rays are off to a good start too.

In the last five years or so, the AL East has had four of the five teams have winning records.  It's a tough division to win.

Phillies 1-0, Braves 0-1.

content.  

Real Opening Day starts today when the Pinstripes play

Quote:Real Opening Day starts today when the Pinstripes play
The Cubbies got beat yesterday. White Sox and Marlins played as well as did the Rockies, Phillies and Twins.

;

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2014, 01:20 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Nice to see Jose Fernandez pick up right where he left off last season. 

If he can just stay healthy, he could be crazy good.

By comparison, Strasburg also picked right up where he left off last season....a very talented pitcher with too many mental lapses that usually cost him. 

Strasburg left a pitch high in the strike zone yesterday that was tagged for a 3 run home run and could have been averted if he would have played it smart and instead kept the pitch low in the zone, and settled for a ground out, instead of trying to be Mr. strikeout all the time. 

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014, 10:48 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Just to follow up on the last post.....Stephen Strasburg is garbage. Starting to hate this guy. Supposed to be an ace and he gets hit around by that light hitting bunch?? Nibbles too much and apparently doesn't really have much of a dependable "out" pitch. Strasburg is no Fernandez. Too weak between the ears. 

Quote:Just to follow up on the last post.....Stephen Strasburg is garbage. Starting to hate this guy. Supposed to be an ace and he gets hit around by that light hitting bunch?? Nibbles too much and apparently doesn't really have much of a dependable "out" pitch. Strasburg is no Fernandez. Too weak between the ears.
he's stil pretty young

.. Maybe give him a couple years before you crown him trash

Quote:he's stil pretty young

.. Maybe give him a couple years before you crown him trash
I agree with this.

It takes some pitchers a few years to "learn" how to pitch. A lot of young guys start off being strikeout guys, especially when they know they have overpowering stuff. They need to learn they can get outs other ways too, not just K's.

Quote:I agree with this.

It takes some pitchers a few years to "learn" how to pitch. A lot of young guys start off being strikeout guys, especially when they know they have overpowering stuff. They need to learn they can get outs other ways too, not just K's.

Exactly.. I think it will take him a few years although he has certainly not lived up to his hype which is what I think it hurting him most. Also.. my Bosox are not off to a hot start :down:

Buccos win today to take the series against St. Louis. Thank you.

;