Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congrats Florida Gators -- Big East Champs (3 Peat)

.... Interesting ....  the Gators are in the Big East !!!   just looks weird.

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/5/6/l...ament.aspx

[Image: C_LDtUmUwAA1jM_.jpg]

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lacrosse is growing fast down south. I would be afraid of putting a time frame on it, but it is going to be an SEC/ACC sport in the future.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Lacrosse is growing fast down south. I would be afraid of putting a time frame on it, but it is going to be an SEC/ACC sport in the future.

My kid played for Ponte Vedra HS so I saw the growth 1st hand over the years.   The intriguing thing is that nobody comes to the games and the same holds true at the college level for the most part.  Like soccer, it's a fairly cheap sport to fund but there is little to no return on the university's investment.

To illustrate how strange the entire alignment is, this is kind of funny related to the ACC Mens Lacrosse:  When Maryland went to the Big10, the ACC lost their automatic bid since they only had 5 teams (Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Virginia).  They ended up getting 4 at-large bids with Virginia being the odd team out.   Note:  Ga Tech appears to be the best remaining club lacrosse team in the ACC as they just made it to the National Semi-Finals of the universities playing club lacrosse.  It's getting big out West as well, especially in California and Colorado (usually where there is $$).

Quote:My kid played for Ponte Vedra HS so I saw the growth 1st hand over the years.   The intriguing thing is that nobody comes to the games and the same holds true at the college level for the most part.  Like soccer, it's a fairly cheap sport to fund but there is little to no return on the university's investment.

To illustrate how strange the entire alignment is, this is kind of funny related to the ACC Mens Lacrosse:  When Maryland went to the Big10, the ACC lost their automatic bid since they only had 5 teams (Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Virginia).  They ended up getting 4 at-large bids with Virginia being the odd team out.   Note:  Ga Tech appears to be the best remaining club lacrosse team in the ACC as they just made it to the National Semi-Finals of the universities playing club lacrosse.  It's getting big out West as well, especially in California and Colorado (usually where there is $$).
Yes, i can attest that no one shows up. I have been to several empty seaters at Fleming Island HS.  

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Yes, i can attest that no one shows up. I have been to several empty seaters at Fleming Island HS.  

The crazy thing is that the youth tournaments are packed and full of life.  Then, BOOM !!   You hit the HS level and the lights go out.  Given the fact PVHS hit the State semi-finals year after year, I was expecting a packed house .... heck, I think we had more players than fans (and that includes all of the parents in the stands) .... lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Less be Cleya. GO GATA!!!

I'm sorry, I had to.

... just glad Corrine Brown was no incarcerated yet so she could watch Gata's win the Big East