Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Premier League Thread round 2***

Since all the other all sports topics were lost into the deep MB abyss, figured I'd make another.

Go Chelsea!!! KTBFFH!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Personally, i think the battle for relegation is much more exciting.

Hull suffered a devastating loss to Sunderland while Swansea upset Everton

Swansea @ Sunderland on Saturday

Hull @ Crystal Palace on Sunday

With a Swansea win on Saturday, Hull could be facing relegation on Sunday.  On the other hand, a Hull victory Sunday takes us down to the wire in Week 38.

I'm rooting for Swansea & Crystal Palace to stay in the PL while Hull gets relegated.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

I have to say, I think the race for 4th was more exciting than any of the rest.. but it looks pretty much decided now..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I guess I like the relegation zone because our teams (Bournemouth and Crystal Palace) were bordering the line most of the year. Also, since it's not just a matter of a team dumping 200+ million £ (pounds) into a teams salary, the competitiveness and severity of being relegated takes on a different perspective for me as it is so uniquely detrimental to the city and fanbase

Quote:I guess I like the relegation zone because our teams (Bournemouth and Crystal Palace) were bordering the line most of the year. Also, since it's not just a matter of a team dumping 200+ million
<p class="bbc_left">£ (
pounds) into a teams salary, the competitiveness and severity of being relegated takes on a different perspective for me as it is so uniquely detrimental to the city and fanbase
idk how detrimental it is to the fan base. Most English football teams have fam bases that are relatively embedded from my understanding. Everyteam is kinda like packers in since. They have such history that from my knowledge most teams have fan bases that go back generations in family's as far as loyalty.

Quote:idk how detrimental it is to the fan base. Most English football teams have fam bases that are relatively embedded from my understanding. Everyteam is kinda like packers in since. They have such history that from my knowledge most teams have fan bases that go back generations in family's as far as loyalty.

By detrimental, I was referring to heartbreak.  Example: The Sunderland fans were crying in the stands after their loss to Bournemouth which mathematically placed them into certain relegation a few weeks ago.  Similar situation last year (but a lot more bitter) for the Newcastle fans.   I love the relegation aspect of the PL and other leagues.  Just wish that we had that here in the NBA where teams routinely tank in effort to get the 1st pick in the draft.  Glad we don't have that in the NFL (ha !!) otherwise, our Jags would be playing in a high school stadium somewhere.

Quote:By detrimental, I was referring to heartbreak. Example: The Sunderland fans were crying in the stands after their loss to Bournemouth which mathematically placed them into certain relegation a few weeks ago. Similar situation last year (but a lot more bitter) for the Newcastle fans. I love the relegation aspect of the PL and other leagues. Just wish that we had that here in the NBA where teams routinely tank in effort to get the 1st pick in the draft. Glad we don't have that in the NFL (ha !!) otherwise, our Jags would be playing in a high school stadium somewhere.
hahah, high school? There are some points I think we would struggle against middle school.

But about the leagues I definitely agree. I think something like college football could benefit from something like this because the reality is conference set up they have now is broken. I suggested this before but a lot of people said it would be ridiculous because of school fundzing and media contracts.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2017, 03:18 PM by DarloJAG84.)

Quote:idk how detrimental it is to the fan base. Most English football teams have fam bases that are relatively embedded from my understanding. Everyteam is kinda like packers in since. They have such history that from my knowledge most teams have fan bases that go back generations in family's as far as loyalty.

It massively effects the fanbase on a game day level.. when the teams are plummeting, few people go to the games.. much like with any sport I guess.. there are teams who try to run at stadia around 55% full.. that's not easy to do! The Premier League is very unique, Sunderland will be given £100m this year for finishing bottom. They will also receive parachute payments (£65m split over 4 years) to count towards the money they will be losing from the Premier League televised games. Each televised game in the Premier League is worth £10m, whereas each televised game in the Championship (2nd tier) is £3m... so yes, the history and bragging rights is one reason to stay in the Premier League.. but the money is the main concern.. which is why you see teams heavily invest in their squad.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2017, 10:12 AM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:It massively effects the fanbase on a game day level.. when the teams are plummeting, few people go to the games.. much like with any sport I guess.. there are teams who try to run at stadia around 55% full.. that's not easy to do! The Premier League is very unique, Sunderland will be given £100m this year for finishing bottom. They will also receive parachute payments (£65m split over 4 years) to count towards the money they will be losing from the Premier League televised games. Each televised game in the Premier League is worth £10m, whereas each televised game in the Championship (2nd tier) is £3m... so yes, the history and bragging rights is one reason to stay in the Premier League.. but the money is the main concern.. which is why you see teams heavily invest in their squad.

i understand that. i guess what i mean is they dont have as many bandwagon fans. The jags, for instance, are such a young team that we are just seeing generations of season ticket holders  who have loved this team their entire lives.( 21-26 year old only people.) we have a lot of fans that are older than this but those people probably supported another team before jacksonville was awarded their franchise. most of the football teams in England have been around soo long that their fans have not only been fans thier entire lives, but the parents and grandparents probably liked the same teams awell. sort of like the Packers in the NFL. So these people may not show up at games when their team sucks, but they are embedded as far as they will remain Loyal to thier club no matter what division they are in.

My bad, I see what you're saying now..

There are occasions that newer generations start supporting whoever is winning, but generally the team you support is passed on through the family.

Quote:i understand that. i guess what i mean is they dont have as many bandwagon fans.

Right, but when I noted as the 1st post on this subject matter that it's "detrimental" to the fanbase, by stating detrimental, I meant heat breaking and devastating.  I didn't mean the fans would abandon the team if they got relegated.  Last year, I recall watching Newcastle as they were on the verge of relegation and again this year when Sunderland lost to Bournemouth and were mathematically relegated, those fans just sat in their seat and cried in a state of shock after the game ended. 

Funny you mentioned loyalty because I'd definitely believe that without a doubt form the UK natives but when I see a Chelsea jersey here in the US, I just think bandwagon.

Quote:Right, but when I noted as the 1st post on this subject matter that it's "detrimental" to the fanbase, by stating detrimental, I meant heat breaking and devastating.  I didn't mean the fans would abandon the team if they got relegated.  Last year, I recall watching Newcastle as they were on the verge of relegation and again this year when Sunderland lost to Bournemouth and were mathematically relegated, those fans just sat in their seat and cried in a state of shock after the game ended. 

Funny you mentioned loyalty because I'd definitely believe that without a doubt form the UK natives but when I see a Chelsea jersey here in the US, I just think bandwagon.

I've never understood this side of it.. seems a bit silly. If the team had folded I'd understand but a die-hard will still be there the next season.

Newcastle had the 6th highest attendance average for home games this season.. that's unbelievable when you think that they were in the second tier of English Football. Unbelievable support.

Is anyone following any transfer rumors?

Lukaku- Chelsea/ Man U
Griezmann- Man U
Van Djik- Liverpool/Man city/chelsea -all though it looks like klopp is going to get him at LP
Matic-Man u/ Juve
Costa-Atletico
Hazard-Real
Morata-Chelsea
De Gea-Real

Obviously, being a fan of Chelsea, i follow rumors regarding my club a little more. but does anyone else know of any other shifts that could, or that they want to, take place.

I dont think/hope the Hazard switch has any real possibility. I also dont think a switch for costa will happen which would probably make the likelihood of chelsea dropping 100m on a striker pretty unlikely(even though i would like to see a return of Lukaku).

I hope the worst for Man U just because i am still bitter at Mourino. so i hope de gea leaves and every striker deal falls through for the reds lol.

Thumbs Up 

(06-06-2017, 10:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Is anyone following any transfer rumors?

We (Bournemouth) got our Goalie --- Begovic from Chelsea

(06-06-2017, 09:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 10:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Is anyone following any transfer rumors?

We (Bournemouth) got our Goalie --- Begovic from Chelsea
He's a good keeper man. Unfortunately he isn't going to many chances over courtior. He is Could easily be the #1 on most team in epl

Aren't Atletico under a transfer embargo?

I didn't think they were allowed to move players in or out?

Looks like Chelsea are pulling in Bakayoko and Sandro. not really sure why we are going for Sandro who is LWB/LB. I thought Alanso was pretty solid last year. I can understand the Bakayoko signing with all the rumors swirling about Matic going to Manure.

Sort of curious to see if anything happens with all the Ronaldo rumors about him wanting to leave spain because of tax fraud or something.

(06-08-2017, 02:35 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Aren't Atletico under a transfer embargo?

From my understanding, they can sign a player and pay him but they cannot register him to play for 6 months. To me that would be pretty stupid considering the world cup is at the end of this season but it seems like costa is pretty desperate to get out of london after the whole Conte text deal that unfolded. Looks like Lukaku is coming home.

(06-29-2017, 04:39 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Looks like Chelsea are pulling in Bakayoko and Sandro. not really sure why we are going for Sandro who is LWB/LB. I thought  Alanso was pretty solid last year. I can understand the Bakayoko signing with all the rumors swirling about Matic going to Manure.

Sort of curious to see if anything happens with all the Ronaldo rumors about him wanting to leave spain because of tax fraud or something.

(06-08-2017, 02:35 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Aren't Atletico under a transfer embargo?

From my understanding, they can sign a player and pay him but they cannot register him to play for 6 months. To me that would be pretty stupid considering the world cup is at the end of this season but it seems like costa is pretty desperate to get out of london after the whole Conte text deal that unfolded. Looks like Lukaku is coming home.

I'd like to see Lukaku end up at Manchester United.. either way, the Premier League is going to be bigger and better in 2017/18. I'll start a thread with all of the odds for winning and relegation plus goalscorers closer to the start of the season.

(07-04-2017, 12:31 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 04:39 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Looks like Chelsea are pulling in Bakayoko and Sandro. not really sure why we are going for Sandro who is LWB/LB. I thought  Alanso was pretty solid last year. I can understand the Bakayoko signing with all the rumors swirling about Matic going to Manure.

I'd like to see Lukaku end up at Manchester United.. either way, the Premier League is going to be bigger and better in 2017/18. I'll start a thread with all of the odds for winning and relegation plus goalscorers closer to the start of the season.

I would hate if he went to Manure. I would also wonder why Romelu would want to go back to mourinho when he didnt give him a shot and sold him during his tenure at Chelsea. I understand that he will get alot more of a shot to play since the reds have no body up front. But At the same time chelsea are in the same position with costa leaving and michy possibly being loaned out. Not just because im a homer for chelsea, but i would rather play for them because of the pieces that are in place around him. Plus he has like 4 Belgian buddies on the team as well.

(07-05-2017, 05:46 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 12:31 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'd like to see Lukaku end up at Manchester United.. either way, the Premier League is going to be bigger and better in 2017/18. I'll start a thread with all of the odds for winning and relegation plus goalscorers closer to the start of the season.

I would hate if he went to Manure. I would also wonder why Romelu would want to go back to mourinho when he didnt give him a shot and sold him during his tenure at Chelsea. I understand that he will get alot more of a shot to play since the reds have no body up front. But At the same time chelsea are in the same position with costa leaving and michy possibly being loaned out. Not just because im a homer for chelsea, but i would rather play for them because of the pieces that are in place around him. Plus he has like 4 Belgian buddies on the team as well.

I don't think it was specifically Mourinho didn't like him, it was more that he didn't fit with the style of play they had.. Manchester United play a more direct game and Lukaku would fit in well there.. I don't care where he goes but it will be interesting to find out.