Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Premier League Thread round 2***

(07-05-2017, 05:49 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 05:46 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I would hate if he went to Manure. I would also wonder why Romelu would want to go back to mourinho when he didnt give him a shot and sold him during his tenure at Chelsea. I understand that he will get alot more of a shot to play since the reds have no body up front. But At the same time chelsea are in the same position with costa leaving and michy possibly being loaned out. Not just because im a homer for chelsea, but i would rather play for them because of the pieces that are in place around him. Plus he has like 4 Belgian buddies on the team as well.

I don't think it was specifically Mourinho didn't like him, it was more that he didn't fit with the style of play they had.. Manchester United play a more direct game and Lukaku would fit in well there.. I don't care where he goes but it will be interesting to find out.

I guessi could see that. Where ever he ends up it will be a huge transfer that is for sure. personally i think Morata would fit chelsea a bit better. He has a lot more of a speed attack that would fit their counter attack method well. but i think Lukaku has the ability to do the same he just didnt have the pieces around him at everton to play that style. He did great for what he had. I have read on alot of places where people criticize him because he didnt have huge games against top tier teams in the league. But i would think it would be a little more difficult if you are not playing on one of the top tier teams aswell. I would argue costa may have looked like [BLEEP] if they had switch places. Costa benefited alot from pedro, hazard, and even Cesc feeding him excellent passes in front of goal. The one thing diego may have done better at this point is moving without the ball in open space. I would think that is something Romelu will need to work on but i think he can get there. I hope he rocks a blue kit again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Damnit. Lukaku goes to manure. I hate Jose Mourinho. I hope they miss the top 4 again and he gets fired. It looks like we might end up with Morata which is still great but it just kills me that the little [BLEEP] bag went to the freaking reds.

(07-08-2017, 06:45 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Damnit. Lukaku goes to manure. I hate Jose Mourinho. I hope they miss the top 4 again and he gets fired. It looks like we might end up with Morata which is still great but it just kills me that the little [BLEEP] bag went to the freaking reds.

I think United challenge for the league title this season.

Looks like Zlatan will be back in red, come October too..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(07-13-2017, 02:50 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 06:45 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Damnit. Lukaku goes to manure. I hate Jose Mourinho. I hope they miss the top 4 again and he gets fired. It looks like we might end up with Morata which is still great but it just kills me that the little [BLEEP] bag went to the freaking reds.

I think United challenge for the league title this season.

Im sure they will. I dont think Lukaku is half the striker Zlatan, so if they could't pull it of with him as there front man i still think they will struggle. i think they will certainly be in the top 5 but i don't know about them getting the cup. I have a special sort of a hate for jose especially after this transfer window. The type of hatred that only comes from actually liking someone alot at some point only to have them flip into a nemesis of sorts. him hoding up the three finger on the pitch when taunting fans and then seemingly hijacking a guy from my team which he let go off my team in the first place. I hope nothing but the worst for him and the entire MANURE club.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2017, 02:34 PM by DarloJAG84.)

(07-14-2017, 01:11 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 02:50 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I think United challenge for the league title this season.

Im sure they will. I dont think Lukaku is half the striker Zlatan, so if they could't pull it of with him as there front man i still think they will struggle. i think they will certainly be in the top 5 but i don't know about them getting the cup. I have a special sort of a hate for jose especially after this transfer window. The type of hatred that only comes from actually liking someone alot at some point only to have them flip into a nemesis of sorts. him hoding up the three finger on the pitch when taunting fans and then seemingly hijacking a guy from my team which he let go off my team in the first place. I hope nothing but the worst for him and the entire MANURE club.

Wow, really? I don't think he was in the wrong to let Lukaku go from Chelsea.. he was young, raw and didn't fit in with the setup. I think Everton offered more money than he was worth at the time so Chelsea would have been stupid to not let him go. Same with Mata.. he didn't fit in at Chelsea, but he suits Manchester United's play, their vision and their style, like Lukaku will. Lukaku is now a different player to who he was when he was at Chelsea and as they say 'never go back'. I wouldn't say he hijacked him either... if reports are to be believed, he wanted Lukaku this time last year and Chelsea didn't show any interest.. if Diego Costa wasn't such a liability, they wouldn't even be looking at Lukaku anyway.. I think Lukaku and Zlatan are 2 totally different types of players. Much like Ronaldo & Messi. They cannot be compared. I think Lukaku & Zlatan would be excellent together, Zlatan as the target man feeding passes to Lukaku, with Mkhitarian, Mata & Carrick behind.. so playing 3 in midfield and 2 fullbacks with 3 central defenders. If United can get 3-4 more players in, I'll be banking on them for the tleague title.

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2017, 12:01 PM by JagsorDie.)

(07-14-2017, 02:32 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 01:11 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Im sure they will. I dont think Lukaku is half the striker Zlatan, so if they could't pull it of with him as there front man i still think they will struggle. i think they will certainly be in the top 5 but i don't know about them getting the cup. I have a special sort of a hate for jose especially after this transfer window. The type of hatred that only comes from actually liking someone alot at some point only to have them flip into a nemesis of sorts. him hoding up the three finger on the pitch when taunting fans and then seemingly hijacking a guy from my team which he let go off my team in the first place. I hope nothing but the worst for him and the entire MANURE club.

Wow, really? I don't think he was in the wrong to let Lukaku go from Chelsea.. he was young, raw and didn't fit in with the setup. I think Everton offered more money than he was worth at the time so Chelsea would have been stupid to not let him go. Same with Mata.. he didn't fit in at Chelsea, but he suits Manchester United's play, their vision and their style, like Lukaku will. Lukaku is now a different player to who he was when he was at Chelsea and as they say 'never go back'. I wouldn't say he hijacked him either... if reports are to be believed, he wanted Lukaku this time last year and Chelsea didn't show any interest.. if Diego Costa wasn't such a liability, they wouldn't even be looking at Lukaku anyway.. I think Lukaku and Zlatan are 2 totally different types of players. Much like Ronaldo & Messi. They cannot be compared. I think Lukaku & Zlatan would be excellent together, Zlatan as the target man feeding passes to Lukaku, with Mkhitarian, Mata & Carrick behind.. so playing 3 in midfield and 2 fullbacks with 3 central defenders. If United can get 3-4 more players in, I'll be banking on them for the tleague title.
I understand that. But i still can't stand him. I also get where you are coming from with the points about mata and Romelu. And while i see what you are saying about him and Zlatan, i dont necessarily see it working that way. But that could just be me. IMHO i see it working more like Cavani and Zlatan did at psg. Zlatan is one of the best strikers of his time and  has always seemed like one of those forwards who is a solo front man and finisher. But again i could be wrong. Cavani was great at napoli and then got to psg and basically played the number two roll imo. Not saying the man u situation is the same, but i have never seen zlatan as a assist guy. 

I guess the frustrating part for me is that i watch jose, who was a legend at chelsea, go to man U and get a budget to seemingly pull who ever from where ever. I understand alot of that lies on our front office and not mour, but i still can't stand him. He slipped after a great return season to chelsea and basically fell into one of the most desirable managerial jobs on the planet. Which i wasn't sore about at first. A job where he can bring in players like pogba because of their previous history with the club and the clubs massive budget. And while i understand what you saying about Lukaku and everton, I also can't help but think about the year prior to everton at WBA(before the year chelsea initially loaned him to everton). While he wasn't the player he is now, there were quite a few flashes that showed he was going to become something. Whether it was chelsea's front office or him not fitting jose's scheme at the time, the guy left chelsea on his watch imo. Then he is willing to pay 75 mil for him a year later. I guess its a combination of everything that really makes me dislike that club and manager as much as i do now, not just the whole lukaku deal.

One of the things that sort of makes me on edge is the fact that i can honestly see chelsea losing players like Hazard in the future. Not because we dont sign big name players, but because guys like that can play just about where ever they want and chelsea seems to have the cycle of going up and down. Missing the CL one year then winning the cup the next. I know most clubs trend up and down year to year, and maybe its just me, but chelsea seem to have pretty drastic swings. imo its those types of trends that can not only make it difficult to sign big name players, but also lose world class players. You see Manure land pogba from juve, who was a great fit and one of the best players at his position in the world. then you see chels go for someone like sandro (who would fit our scheme great at the LWB position.) and seemingly struggle to the point of probably failing to land him from a club that our manager used to coach. Then when we cant get someone like Lukaku(who we allegedly were supposed to pay 100 mil for), then a guy like morata will not even come to the club when we(allegedly) were offering 80+ mil.

And i dont think comparing messi to ronaldo quite fits what i was saying. Ronaldo is free ranging LW while messi plays more central to RW. yes they are both the best players in the world and are both forwards, but romelu and zlatan are both strikers and to me would competing for the same roll. maybe man u runs a 2-4-4( when zlatan gets back) or a 1-1-4-4, but i dont see how that benifits romelu more than 3-4-3 with hazard, cesc, pedro, or willian feeding him the ball. but  may be that is just me.

An after i write a short novel explaining why my club cant get people. We sign Bakayoko haha. im actually really stoked with that one. Kante and baka at CM/CDM is an awesome combo. not to mention we still have Matic but we will probably lose him shortly.

(07-15-2017, 11:49 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 02:32 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Wow, really? I don't think he was in the wrong to let Lukaku go from Chelsea.. he was young, raw and didn't fit in with the setup. I think Everton offered more money than he was worth at the time so Chelsea would have been stupid to not let him go. Same with Mata.. he didn't fit in at Chelsea, but he suits Manchester United's play, their vision and their style, like Lukaku will. Lukaku is now a different player to who he was when he was at Chelsea and as they say 'never go back'. I wouldn't say he hijacked him either... if reports are to be believed, he wanted Lukaku this time last year and Chelsea didn't show any interest.. if Diego Costa wasn't such a liability, they wouldn't even be looking at Lukaku anyway.. I think Lukaku and Zlatan are 2 totally different types of players. Much like Ronaldo & Messi. They cannot be compared. I think Lukaku & Zlatan would be excellent together, Zlatan as the target man feeding passes to Lukaku, with Mkhitarian, Mata & Carrick behind.. so playing 3 in midfield and 2 fullbacks with 3 central defenders. If United can get 3-4 more players in, I'll be banking on them for the tleague title.
I understand that. But i still can't stand him. I also get where you are coming from with the points about mata and Romelu. And while i see what you are saying about him and Zlatan, i dont necessarily see it working that way. But that could just be me. IMHO i see it working more like Cavani and Zlatan did at psg. Zlatan is one of the best strikers of his time and  has always seemed like one of those forwards who is a solo front man and finisher. But again i could be wrong. Cavani was great at napoli and then got to psg and basically played the number two roll imo. Not saying the man u situation is the same, but i have never seen zlatan as a assist guy. 

I guess the frustrating part for me is that i watch jose, who was a legend at chelsea, go to man U and get a budget to seemingly pull who ever from where ever. I understand alot of that lies on our front office and not mour, but i still can't stand him. He slipped after a great return season to chelsea and basically fell into one of the most desirable managerial jobs on the planet. Which i wasn't sore about at first. A job where he can bring in players like pogba because of their previous history with the club and the clubs massive budget. And while i understand what you saying about Lukaku and everton, I also can't help but think about the year prior to everton at WBA(before the year chelsea initially loaned him to everton). While he wasn't the player he is now, there were quite a few flashes that showed he was going to become something. Whether it was chelsea's front office or him not fitting jose's scheme at the time, the guy left chelsea on his watch imo. Then he is willing to pay 75 mil for him a year later. I guess its a combination of everything that really makes me dislike that club and manager as much as i do now, not just the whole lukaku deal.

One of the things that sort of makes me on edge is the fact that i can honestly see chelsea losing players like Hazard in the future. Not because we dont sign big name players, but because guys like that can play just about where ever they want and chelsea seems to have the cycle of going up and down. Missing the CL one year then winning the cup the next. I know most clubs trend up and down year to year, and maybe its just me, but chelsea seem to have pretty drastic swings. imo its those types of trends that can not only make it difficult to sign big name players, but also lose world class players. You see Manure land pogba from juve, who was a great fit and one of the best players at his position in the world. then you see chels go for someone like sandro (who would fit our scheme great at the LWB position.) and seemingly struggle to the point of probably failing to land him from a club that our manager used to coach. Then when we cant get someone like Lukaku(who we allegedly were supposed to pay 100 mil for), then a guy like morata will not even come to the club when we(allegedly) were offering 80+ mil.

And i dont think comparing messi to ronaldo quite fits what i was saying. Ronaldo is free ranging LW while messi plays more central to RW. yes they are both the best players in the world and are both forwards, but romelu and zlatan are both strikers and to me would competing for the same roll. maybe man u runs a 2-4-4( when zlatan gets back) or a 1-1-4-4, but i dont see how that benifits romelu more than 3-4-3 with hazard, cesc, pedro, or willian feeding him the ball. but  may be that is just me.

An after i write a short novel explaining why my club cant get people. We sign Bakayoko haha. im actually really stoked with that one. Kante and baka at CM/CDM is an awesome combo. not to mention we still have Matic but we will probably lose him shortly.

The funny thing is, Chelsea have a bigger spending and wage budget than Manchester United..

I don't mean that Zlatan will solely feed the ball for Romelu to score. What I mean is that Romelu will be able to run off Zlatan and create more problems for defences.

What I mean is that Zlatan and Romelu are two totally different kinds of strikers. Yes they're both goalscorers but they both bring very different skill sets to the table. I wasn't suggesting the Ronaldo/Messi debate was anything to do with your argument, but the comparison still stands. It's hard to compare 2 different types of strikers with 2 different types of skill set.

(07-15-2017, 02:29 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 11:49 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I understand that. But i still can't stand him. I also get where you are coming from with the points about mata and Romelu. And while i see what you are saying about him and Zlatan, i dont necessarily see it working that way. But that could just be me. IMHO i see it working more like Cavani and Zlatan did at psg. Zlatan is one of the best strikers of his time and  has always seemed like one of those forwards who is a solo front man and finisher. But again i could be wrong. Cavani was great at napoli and then got to psg and basically played the number two roll imo. Not saying the man u situation is the same, but i have never seen zlatan as a assist guy. 

The funny thing is, Chelsea have a bigger spending and wage budget than Manchester United..

I don't mean that Zlatan will solely feed the ball for Romelu to score. What I mean is that Romelu will be able to run off Zlatan and create more problems for defences.

What I mean is that Zlatan and Romelu are two totally different kinds of strikers. Yes they're both goalscorers but they both bring very different skill sets to the table. I wasn't suggesting the Ronaldo/Messi debate was anything to do with your argument, but the comparison still stands. It's hard to compare 2 different types of strikers with 2 different types of skill set.
I agree. It is like trying to compare Drogba to Fernando Torres. But to me there is a certain point where player's skill isn't necessarily reliant on a system. Yes, they will benefit from having better players around them, but certain players are going to excel no matter what scheme or system you put them into. Romelu seems like one of those guys to me. and maybe im wrong. but imo someone like zlatan, drogba, or suarez could play in a possession or counter attacking scheme and they would still be on a elite status. 

I guess i just mis understood what you meant by him benefiting from zlatan. And the real reality is that im just pissed he chose man u over my club lol. Good luck to him but i still hate the team.

And i looked up the numbers from last years transfer window. Probably made up but chelsea didnt spend more that man u.
[Image: 37CE50C400000578-3769634-image-a-1_1472771343750.jpg]

My biggest thing on there is the gap between #4 and #5. Thats a pretty big void.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017, 02:43 PM by JagsorDie.)

There we go, my boys got themselves a No. 9

Morata to Chelsea has been announced.

(07-18-2017, 05:37 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: And i looked up the numbers from last years transfer window. Probably made up but chelsea didnt spend more that man u.
[Image: 37CE50C400000578-3769634-image-a-1_1472771343750.jpg]

My biggest thing on there is the gap between #4 and #5. Thats a pretty big void.

Oh I get this totally.. what I meant was that Chelsea have/had a bigger available budget than Manchester United... not that they had spent more..