Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kirk Cousins

Quote:If Kirk Cousins plays well RGIII might be the guy the Redskins would want to shop, I don't think he'll ever be consistent from the pocket, just my opinion however.

I don't see Dan Snyder moving RGIII for any reason. He's got that man crush on his upside.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They can trade someone else to get a first round pick. No way are they trading Kirk Cousins for it.

Uhm, I was implying trading RG3 for one...

Quote:I don't see Dan Snyder moving RGIII for any reason. He's got that man crush on his upside.

lol..."upside"/ "potential".....what suckers NFL execs every time with QB....

I'd rather take a QB that needs the least amount of work/ fixing to assimilate to the NFL game. 

Quote:lol..."upside"/ "potential".....what suckers NFL execs every time with QB....

I'd rather take a QB that needs the least amount of work/ fixing to assimilate to the NFL game. 

It's tough to tell the man cutting the checks that he needs to butt out of personnel decisions, but he seems to be walking that same road Al Davis did. Washington will be in the land of insignificance before we know it. Sad story for one of the most storied franchises in the NFL.

Quote:It's tough to tell the man cutting the checks that he needs to butt out of personnel decisions, but he seems to be walking that same road Al Davis did. Washington will be in the land of insignificance before we know it. Sad story for one of the most storied franchises in the NFL.

Yeah, and Jerruh Jones ain't much different. Sad thing is....Jerruh actually did have it right for awhile, with Jimmy Johnson, and let ego ruin a great thing, 

Quote:Um, I was implying trading RG3 for one...

I stand by the same statement no matter who you are talking about. They came into the NFL the same year.

Quote:That's true, I didn't even think of that. It will be a crazy game of wait and see for Redskin fans, that's for sure.

Under this particular scenario,  it might take a Rob Johnson type of trade for the Redskins to pull the trigger.

Quote:What makes you think Kirk Cousins might be available after the season is over? He was drafted the day after Robert Griffin, who has struggled all year and is now on the bench. So what the Redskins have are two second-year starting quarterbacks.

The drama that surrounds Daniel Synder (no wonder he owns Tom Cruise), because of the poor choices he makes will never end.  I feel Kirk Cousins was drafted, because they realized Robert Griffin III's style of play would inevitably injure himself sooner rather than later & Kirk Cousins is more of a traditional "safe bet" QB.  I havent watched enough film on Kirk to know how good he is but I hear a majority of Redskins fans were calling for him to play intead of RG3 at times before the start of this season & during it.  This is Kirk Cousins NFL audition for the remaining of the season, if he performs at a high level I'm sure one of two things will occur.  A team will offer great value for him in a trade, or RG3 could possibly even be traded if Daniel decides to keep his HC.

Looks like starting Cousins for these last 3 games is indeed the 'skins putting Cousins on the trading block. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...rstrounder

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 03:18 AM by MinistryMan2007.)

Quote:Looks like starting Cousins for these last 3 games is indeed the 'skins putting Cousins on the trading block.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000297745/article/mike-shanahan-kirk-cousins-might-yield-firstrounder'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000297745/article/mike-shanahan-kirk-cousins-might-yield-firstrounder</a>
Well, I'd like to float on a cloud of my own aura and have my own entrance music when I walk into a room, but I'm not gonna get that, either.

No way they get a first round pick for him... But, if he plays solid, I'd have a hard time saying no to a 2nd round (or even a high 3rd round) offer.

The Browns have enough first rounders, that they could easily give the Redskins one without hesitation if they thought Cousins was the answer.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Lol, I've been saying it all year. Kirk. Cousins. Is. Not. Good.

Where people are getting this idea from is beyond me. Kirk Cousins now has 5 turnovers in 3 quarters of action this season. He has given up more touchdowns (pick 6 vs Denver) than he has accounted for.

There are much better options out there than Kirk. Kirk is a career backup at best. Sending an early 2nd round pick for Cousins is a TERRIBLE trade.

Now make that 1 touchdown to 5 turnovers.

Quote:Now make that 1 touchdown to 5 turnovers.
cousin 11/14 234 yards 2 tds 0 int....ughhhhh?

Quote:cousin 11/14 234 yards 2 tds 0 int....ughhhhh?
oh and that's only at half time

Figured they would be putting him on the block, that's the whole reason for playing him. You don't bail on rg3 after all you gave up to get him and since you're not playing for anything sit rg3 until next year and see how high of a pick you can get for cousins to make up for the lost first.
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:cousin 11/14 234 yards 2 tds 0 int....ughhhhh?

He is playing against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

Two scores and 6 turnovers in 6 quarters. No thanks. Why are people so content with mediocre-at-best quarterbacks?

Quote:He is playing against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

Two scores and 6 turnovers in 6 quarters. No thanks. Why are people so content with mediocre-at-best quarterbacks?
because we are so used to less-than-mediocre-at-best lol

Quote:because we are so used to less-than-mediocre-at-best lol

So you would rather trade a 2nd round pick in a loaded draft for another mediocre-at-best quarterback?

You are sounding like TMD.

Quote:So you would rather trade a 2nd round pick in a loaded draft for another mediocre-at-best quarterback?

You are sounding like TMD.

Cool.